2017-18 Playoff Avatar Thread (Avy's in Post #119!)

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Alright folks, we’re heading into a matchup with either the Bruins or Lightning and will officially clinch as soon as tomorrow night.

Anyone with photoshop skills, this is your time to shine!

Anyone else that has themes, let us know.

Some ideas I thought of; (they are all awful)

- The Drake meme. Showing a picture of a bruins/Bolts player/logo, followed by the Drake nah face, and then a Leaf player/logo, followed by the Drake ya face.

- We can stick with the Stand Witness theme from last season

- The Leafs playoff logo followed by a greyscale logo of one of the other Eastern playoff teams logos with a red DELETE! over it.

- Some sort of thing comparing this team to past Leaf teams, with this team set to put up the best Leafs regular season of the modern era anyway.

Liminality

Oct 22, 2008
Alright folks, we’re heading into a matchup with either the Bruins or Lightning and will officially clinch as soon as tomorrow night.

Anyone with photoshop skills, this is your time to shine!

Anyone else that has themes, let us know.

Some ideas I thought of; (they are all awful)

- The Drake meme. Showing a picture of a bruins/Bolts player/logo, followed by the Drake nah face, and then a Leaf player/logo, followed by the Drake ya face.

- We can stick with the Stand Witness theme from last season

- The Leafs playoff logo followed by a greyscale logo of one of the other Eastern playoff teams logos with a red DELETE! over it.

- Some sort of thing comparing this team to past Leaf teams, with this team set to put up the best Leafs regular season of the modern era anyway.

I think the Drake one was funny. Posted this in the other thread but just throwing this idea in the pile.

What about the quote by DJ Smith on Polak?
"Well, it was the other night on the bench when [Roman] ran over one of their best players, D.J. Smith said to me, "what's the Corsi rating for THAT?"

Babcock yelling, what's the Corsi rating for THAT?

Matthews pointing to the net after a goal, what's the Corsi rating for THAT?

Lou hiding people on an island, what's the Corsi rating for THAT?

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
pretty bold to talk about this stuff before we've officially clinched
The Drake idea sounds pretty good, but we'd need to change them every round for our cup run

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
maybe something around this brain meme?
275uy7.jpg

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
I like the idea of that. Now I admit to not being 100% knowledgeable when it comes to Corsi and how it works, so what if we have an image of Matthews pointing towards the net, however it's made where he's pointing towards a 2018 Stanley Cup Playoffs logo.

Last edited:

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
I think the Drake one was funny. Posted this in the other thread but just throwing this idea in the pile.

What about the quote by DJ Smith on Polak?
"Well, it was the other night on the bench when [Roman] ran over one of their best players, D.J. Smith said to me, "what's the Corsi rating for THAT?"

Babcock yelling, what's the Corsi rating for THAT?

Lou hiding people on an island, what's the Corsi rating for THAT?
this has my vote

MR4

Oct 20, 2014
pretty bold to talk about this stuff before we've officially clinched
The Drake idea sounds pretty good, but we'd need to change them every round for our cup run
Lmao. We've clinched.

Drake idea sounds good. I'd like an idea that had Matthews doing the ref goal call in it

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
I also like the idea of incorporating the Matthews "point" somehow.

djdev

Dec 26, 2015
costa rica
i liked babcocks recent quote. i cant find it at the moment so im not sure exactly what it is atm but was to the effect of "you never know when its your time, be ready"

mix1home

Sep 29, 2009
Toronto,ON
yes thanks! loving the "you never know when your time is coming" line
I mentioned this in P.O. race thread. I thought it would be instant meme for P.O. run. It should be more insisting quote though like “Because you never know when your time is coming!”
Matthews pointing motion could be well incorporated with it.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Yeah, no Drake. Fine for Raptors stuff but I'd rather the Leafs have its own identity. We don't need Drake to represent everything to do with this city. Does the guy even follow the Leafs?

The Drake meme is the best way to describe it. We can literally use any body in the meme role. We can find pictures of a happy Babcock and a angry Babcock, or use one of the various public figures who follow the Leafs (Myers, Dee, Moyer, etc)

I really like the Babcock quote. A bit of a "Why Not Us" feel

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad