GDT: 2017-18 Other Playoff Games

Status
Not open for further replies.

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
I'm glad you made a new thread for the playoffs. Keeps me from having to follow the main playoff threads in the stanley cup forum, which can be so chaotic.

ChompChomp

Can't wait for Sharks hockey to return someday
Jan 8, 2007
El Paso, TX
Whether VGK ends up getting national NBC main channel playoff games will be really telling. As we know, main NBC avoids the Pacific Division like the plague, but VGK are the darlings of the league, arguably the North American Sports World. If VGK goes two rounds,, but no main channel NBC games, that will tell you that even with their "story," NBC doesn't give a damn.

Of course, the first weekend is out because Timberlake has concerts on Sat and Sun in Vegas, so they will start Wed/Fri. Sharks I think will end up Thurs / Sat as a result, but we'll see today.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
Whether VGK ends up getting national NBC main channel playoff games will be really telling. As we know, main NBC avoids the Pacific Division like the plague, but VGK are the darlings of the league, arguably the North American Sports World. If VGK goes two rounds,, but no main channel NBC games, that will tell you that even with their "story," NBC doesn't give a damn.

Of course, the first weekend is out because Timberlake has concerts on Sat and Sun in Vegas, so they will start Wed/Fri. Sharks I think will end up Thurs / Sat as a result, but we'll see today.

Nah, it'll be all Capitals vs. whoever, Bruins vs. whoever and Flyers vs. Penguins because NBC loves the east teams. Maybe Minnesota... nah.

Coily

Gettin' Jiggy with it
Oct 8, 2008
Redlands
Florida has 2 more wins than Philadelphia yet they miss the playoffs. They also have more Regulation Over Time Wins than 6 play off teams...

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
So what series from the East is everyone looking forward to. I wasn't a fan of the Flyers/Penguins grudge match the last time so I'm not really into that one. I think that Columbus/Washington series could be interesting, and probably the biggest series would be Boston/Toronto.

I hope this is a better first round than what people are expecting. I hope Colorado takes at least two games from Nashville and Minnesota and Winnipeg is exciting at least. Also, I won't shed a tear if Vegas beats LA.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
So, who are we rooting for, VGK or LA?

Definitely LA. I hate Vegas so f***ing much and I am sooooo sick of hearing about their "wonderful inaugural season".

Plus, we have done better against LA this season and I would rather play them in the 2nd round than the Golden Knights. I f***ing hate Vegas so much I can't even tell you.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
So what series from the East is everyone looking forward to. I wasn't a fan of the Flyers/Penguins grudge match the last time so I'm not really into that one. I think that Columbus/Washington series could be interesting, and probably the biggest series would be Boston/Toronto.

I hope this is a better first round than what people are expecting. I hope Colorado takes at least two games from Nashville and Minnesota and Winnipeg is exciting at least. Also, I won't shed a tear if Vegas beats LA.

Boston/Toronto should be pretty good. I’m obviously rooting for a Leafs/Sharks final.

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
Boston/Toronto should be pretty good. I’m obviously rooting for a Leafs/Sharks final.

Oh the storylines. Patrick Marleau playing for the cup against his former team, most of the Sharks players are from that area, and of course just because it's the Leafs it's a major draw anyway. Could be a fun, albeit unrealistic series.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad