GDT: 2017-18 Other Games Around the League Part I

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
Pierre references some town in Europe and the historical players from there. And makes a point of emphasizing his classy pronunciation. Drink.

Also oh god, it's the "melts it down" pbp guy. It's called stopping play or freezing the puck. It's not "melting" in any fashion. :facepalm:

Mattb124

Apr 29, 2011
It's interesting to see what having basically a 2nd line and either 2 3rd/1 4th or 1 3rd/2 4th lines and good speed will do for you.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
James Neal scores again. Vegas is 2-0-0.

And after last night 3-0-0. Lead the Pacific. First expansion team to EVER start 3-0. Emotions ran high last night.

The Flames finally won a regular season game at Honda Center.

That was a ridiculously weird stat that finally ended.

So Vegas has survivors of the attack as well as team ownership come to center ice for the faceoff. And plays them out using.... the Imperial March from Star Wars.

Ok, sure.

I don't recall Foley. GM, HC, AGM - yep. (Wasn't listening to background music, too much happening on ice.)

That 58 seconds of silence was DEAFENING! Quietest I have ever heard one. The 58 names on the ice. Not a dry eye in the house. Went to the game with my stock broker. She lost one of her clients (and was saying hi to 2-3 folks every time we walked the concourses; met a judge last night).

Great interviews on NHL Now (NHLN) yesterday (before game, which I watched this morning) talking about prep. They tore up the script they had planned the Monday after the event. (About the only thing they kept was all the VIPs welcoming the team to Vegas.) Also on the show - Cirque du Soleil has signed multi year deal with Knights. So the 1st intermission with artists from O was only the first of what might happen multiple times/month (not sure if it'll happen **every** game).

3 Cirque artistes walked the gold carpet. As did the Blue Man Group (managed by Cirque du Soleil). One of singers from Mötley Crue (or however its spelled) and SO walked the gold carpet. And Bettman.

Most folks did not recognize the players (unlike NHL Awards, they did not have a banner identifying who the guy was). Subban and Fleury are two of the most recognizable, obviously :D (Or at least the only two I knew/could identify.)

NHL Centennial tour was at game. (Sans Stanley Cup -- which earlier in the day had been at the White House with the Penguins. It's expected today, Wednesday; and will be around for 3 days or so.) Had picture taken at locker room (in trailer). About the only good thing. Glad I didn't make a special trip. Tour will break down from T-Mobile Toshiba Plaza and move to Fremont Street today or tomorrow.

Ummm... that "Go Knights Go!" chant was awkward.
Depends on which time. That seems to be the chant the team wants to promote. There was also a "Let's go Vegas" chant that was fan-started. (The wave was weird. And directed to start by in game hosts.)

Did they steal the Sharks' goal horn?

Definitely sounds similar (but lacking some of the timbre). I did notice that they have baffled the ceiling to help with the sound, so it's no where near as loud as the Tank. (FTR, they are calling the arena "The Fortress".)

As for the game, lots of oos and ahs around the post hits. 2nd period was almost a snooze fest. Raanta just couldn't get things going; pulled after giving up 3 goals on 5 shots. (Had been much better last game against Knights forcing OT.)

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
Just re-watched pregame ceremony with bathroom construction worker (who didn't watch live). "We are the Warriors" was playing until introduction of survivors and Foley, when the Imperial March was played. Could be that it was specifically requested.

do0glas

Jan 26, 2012
He’s had some very bad possession results so far.

8c953675d9907aa592abe986428a581d.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->