Waived: 2017-18 Ongoing Waivers Thread

Flukeshot

Briere Activate!
Sponsor
Feb 19, 2004
Brampton, Ont
leafs won't waive leivo. they protected him from vegas with the intent of keeping him. he and fehr will probably be the 13th and 14th forwards

They protected Leivo because they had so few eligible players to expose that it did not matter. It was basically Leivo or Leipsic. They exposed a load of shrapnel that was not going to play for the club and Leivo had/has the best chance of the bunch to make the team. He may very well make the team but it won't be because of anything to do with the expansion draft list.

For his own sake, he would be better off being waived and have a chance to get claimed and see more ice time elsewhere.

Flukeshot

Briere Activate!
Sponsor
Feb 19, 2004
Brampton, Ont
WPG waived Hutchinson today.

I'd say he's likely claimed. TOR could use an upgrade at backup G. If I was DAL, I'd waive Lehtonen and claim Hutch

Every year we are surprised and see notable goalies get waived. And then are more surprised when no one claims them. I think in cases like this it is usually team's would rather go with the guy they know more about unless it is a very clear upgrade.

McBackup is well liked in TOR so I don't think they claim Hutch.

I agree if DAL has the cap space to bury Lehtonen, go for it.

Taak19

Sep 22, 2011
If the Avs lose Bernier for any amount of time I could see them making a claim on any notable goalie.

lifelonghockeyfan

Dec 18, 2015
Lake Huron
By waiving players on ELCs, they are doing these young men a favour. First, they are saying you are not good enough to make the NHL (with our team) or likely there is no space for you (maybe because of your ability) to make the AHL. Even if the club is on the hook to pay the player $70,000 for an AHL contract, whether he plays or not, the club is giving the player more options.
Maybe he picked up by another team, or is telling the young man, maybe pro hockey is not going to be your vocation.

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
Still think Hutch will be this year's Condon, someone picks him off waivers then deals him for a late draft pick when an injury occurs, hoped we'd be able to deal him with teams maybe not impressed by their backups in the training camp but oh well.

I think he's better than a number of backups in the league. If you ask me would i rather have Lack, Stalock, Niemi, Khudobin etc. i'd take Hutch. He still has some potential to be a late-bloomer IMO.

Agalloch

EliteProspects
Sep 18, 2002
Lachute, QC
Visit site
Still think Hutch will be this year's Condon, someone picks him off waivers then deals him for a late draft pick when an injury occurs, hoped we'd be able to deal him with teams maybe not impressed by their backups in the training camp but oh well.

I think he's better than a number of backups in the league. If you ask me would i rather have Lack, Stalock, Niemi, Khudobin etc. i'd take Hutch. He still has some potential to be a late-bloomer IMO.

I thought he cleared waivers already?

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Can I see a text based version of waivers today? Twitter is blocked at work.

eog

Jul 4, 2017
los angeles
believe lindbohm cleared, and vince dunn seems to be the young D benefitting from the bouwmeester injury moreso than him

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->