Waived: 2017-18 Ongoing Waivers Thread

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
Honestly I don't blame Streit for not wanting to play in the AHL at this point in his career. When you have played in the best league in the World, it would be a lot less fun to be demoted to a lower league.

Booba

Jun 20, 2005

The Kovacs/Stromwall (they were teammates in Sweden) experiement did not work too well for the Rangers.

They combined 18 points in 116 AHL games before both being placed on unconditional waivers this fall.

Tao Jersey Jones

Sep 28, 2003
Plainfield, NJ

McDonald started the season on SOIR. I'm guessing the Phantoms' Captain is good to go.

Schroeder has already played three games on a conditioning assignment for Cleveland this season.

Mike Jones

Apr 12, 2007
Calgary
16 goals given up in 128 minutes 7.5gaa.

I can’t believe this dude was a Stanley Cup winning starter, and a Vezina nominee at one point.
Leaves fade and die and fall off the tree. It's the circle of life. Didn't you ever watch that movie or listen to the song? :)

pheasant

Nov 2, 2010
I could see them picking him up and playing him as back-up to Dansk. Right now their tandem has played something like 13 minutes in the NHL between them, even if he's crap having that 400+ game experience would make me feel a little bit better.

Ya, my first thought was Vegas. Niemi is probably not even backup calibre anymore. But no un-injureg goalie in the Vegas system is right now. So bring Niemi in and throw him to the wolves. When MAF or Subban are back to full strength (or both) then Niemi can be waived again. No worries there.

Also, anyone else love when a goalie changes teams and plays a game wearing the old teams mask/pads?

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
Considering how much of a tire fire Edmonton's PK is, I could see them claiming him.

Yeah he's a great PK soldier. He only got waived as Moore has more elements to his game, but Fehr was a nice surprise. Plays hard, rough, not scared to take or give a hit, gets infront of shots, in your face type of game. Workhorse out there. Great 4th liner.

Reactions: TorMapleJays

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->