Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
A few things.
1. Thanks for making this thread. :)
2. Ducks logo changed in the past few years to this:
AnaheimDucksSmiley-1.png

3. Ryan Kesler won't start the season, so the best guess of starting lines is here, I think.
http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showpost.php?p=134504765&postcount=41

Duck fans, including myself, will hate it, but I think it's almost certain Bieksa will get more ice time while Hampus and Vatanen are out. I don't think Carlyle will put Manson and Fowler together to start next season. He'll separate them to start the season to help "spread the wealth" while the injuries are here.

To start the year:

Ritchie-Getzlaf-Eaves
Cogliano-Vermette-Silfverberg
Kase-Rakell-Perry
Wagner-Grant-Rasmussen
Shaw/Boll

Fowler-Bieksa
Larsson-Manson
Holzer-Montour
Megna

Gibson
Miller

When healthy:

Ritchie-Getzlaf-Eaves
Cogliano-Kesler-Silfverberg
Rakell-Vermette-Perry
Wagner-Grant-Rasmussen
Shaw/Boll

Fowler-Manson
Lindholm-Montour
Bieksa-Vatanen
Holzer

Gibson
Miller

IndySpar

Mar 26, 2017
Thank you.
That was the only comment I could find for the Ducks after the Grant acquisition.
I like your line combination predictions. :)

SHANNYPLAN

Nov 24, 2016
Marleau - Matthews - Nylander
VanRiemsdyk - Bozak - Marner
Komarov - Kadri - Brown
Hyman - Moore - Martin

Rielly - Hainsey
Gardiner - Zaitsev
Dermott/Rosen - Carrick

Anderson
MCBackup

JVR and Bozak traded for d help later on,

forwards will look like:

Marleau - Matthews - Marner
Kappanen - Nylander - Hyman
Komarov - Kadri - Brown
Martin - Moore/Gauthier - Leivo

CBJFan827

I hate you Brad Marchand
Jul 19, 2006
What I'm about to give you probably won't be helpful.

Panarin-Wennberg, Dubinsky-Atkinson, and Johnson-Savard are probably the only sure fire combinations going into the season for Columbus. Other than that, anything is possible. The defense will probably be:

Werenski-Jones
Johnson-Savard
Carlsson/Nutivaara-Murray

As for forwards, we have many, many pages on the CBJ board arguing line combos. I'm among the group that does not want Jenner playing with Dubi and Atkinson. I'd guess the lineup looks something like the following going into the year:

Panarin-Wennberg-XXX
XXX-Dubinsky-Atkinson
Jenner-Dubois-XXX
Calvert-Sedlak-XXX

With the XXXs filled by Foligno, Bjorkstrand, Anderson, and one of Motte/Hannikainen/Schroeder/Milano. There was a time when Calvert-Dubinsky-ATkinson was an effective line, and Hannikainen-Sedlak-Bjorkstrand was a strong group for Lake Erie's Calder Cup run two years ago, fwiw.

Mikachu93

Formerly MacTruck
Aug 1, 2010
NY
:rangers

Kreider - Zibanejad - Buchnevich
Nash - Miller - Zuccarello
Vesey - Hayes - Grabner
Puempel - Desharnais - Fast

McDonagh - Shattenkirk
Skjei - Smith
Bereglazov - DeAngelo

is what Rangers fans are hoping for assuming no center is acquired. Although we likely see Staal and Holden as the bottom pair. We may see Lias Andersson as our 3C. Who knows, camp will be much more interesting this year than years past.

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
As posted above the CBJ lineup is tough to figure out and there are so many guys that could move all over the place. 1 option floated around is something like:

Panarin-Wennberg-Anderson (Anderson had 17even strength goals last year and would be the guy doing the dirty work)
Jenner-Dubi-Atkinson
Foligno-PLD-Bjorkstrand
Calvert-Sedlak-Motte/Hannakainen

Milano really has to impress to play his way into the lineup so likely is the 1st offensive callup when injury strikes.

As for the D the only debate is Carlsson vs Nutivaara. Everything else is likely set in stone

DJJones

Nov 18, 2014
Calgary
I'm personally pushing for the Flames to switch up the lines

Tkachuk - Monahan - Ferland
Gaudreau - Bennett - Versteeg
Jankowski - Backlund - Frolik
Stajan - Lazar - Brouwer

Jets92

Oct 15, 2016
For the Jets forwards

Ehlers-scheif- Laine
Connor-little- wheeler
Copp-perreault- armia
Mathias- Lowry-Dano

I would love to see a line with lemieux instead of Matthias which might happen if
Mathias goes down , if petan takes a good step forward, he can play centre on the third line and bump copp out and move perreault to wing ( I think copp is better suited for the wing and draws on his strong side, he also can score when playing with more talented line mates). I think they focus on three scoring lines and I think Lowry fits as a great 4th line centre. Connor is fast and can keep up whith wheeler, allowing him to excel with top 6 players and the vets shelter his inevitable rookie mistakes.
Petan, tanev as extra forwards

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
:jets

I think we're going with the top 6 that was giving us success at the end of the year.

It also remains to be seen whether or not Connor and Roslovic are ready, both guys are 20 and have a season in the AHL under their belts so it's definitely possible. If they are ready, our lineup looks a lot better as they are both way more talented than guys we'd otherwise ice in our bottom 6.

Ehlers - Scheifele - Wheeler (all-around great offensive line with lightning quick counter attacking and big arsenal for 1 on 1 moves)
Perreault - Little - Laine (solid offensive line with a great passing game and elite shooter)
Matthias - Lowry - Armia (big, pest line that plays a straight forward game, worked pretty well last year)
Connor - Roslovic - Dano (2-way line that can score and has a lot of speed to burn, this im just guessing but hoping to see for increased scoring depth)
Copp (is an option anywhere in the bottom 6)
Tanev/Sgarbossa/Lemieux (14th forward, energy 4th liners)
Petan (wild card, personally think he's not part of the Jets future but definitely has good skill)

Our offense has a lot of variations, especially if Connor/Roslovic make the team, so we're probably going to see a lot of line shuffling during the year. For example if Perreault is struggling it's easy to swap him with Connor, we've ran with the Ehlers-Scheif-Laine line before and bottom 6 could change anytime.

Morrissey - Trouba (solid pairing, here's hoping Morrissey doesn't go through a sophomore slump, he played like a top 4 D last year and Trouba looked like a top-pairing guy)
Kulikov/Enstrom - Big Buff (probably going to try both Kuli and Enstrom to see who works better, at the end of the day it's a Buff-show regardless)
Enstrom/Kulikov - Myers (excited to see Myers back, he played like a solid top 4 before he got hurt, it's really a luxury to have him on our 3rd pairing but he can always move up if need be)
Chiarot (good 3rd pairing guy)
Melchiori (xtra d-man)

Mason
Hellebuyck
(we'll see who runs with it, at least the competition will be fierce.. both can be somewhat bipolar though so i guess you just go with the hot hand)

I really like our potential team for next year. Again if Connor/Roslovic make the team our depth up front looks really solid, and we can afford an injury both up front and on the back-end. Goaltending can't be as bad as it was last year.

Just hoping the young guys get even better and we can definitely make the playoffs.

And for the love of god, can we finally avoid the injury bug so we can actually ice our best lineup? pls?

Last edited:

odishabs

Aug 29, 2008
Habs:

Pacioretty - Danault - Lehkonen

Drouin - Galchenyuk - Gallagher

Byron - Plekanec - Shaw

Mitchell - McCarron - Hemsky

Jerabek/Markov - Weber

Alzner - Petry

Schlemko - Benn

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
Habs:

Pacioretty - Danault - Lehkonen

Drouin - Galchenyuk - Gallagher

Byron - Plekanec - Shaw

Mitchell - McCarron - Hemsky

Jerabek/Markov - Weber

Alzner - Petry

Schlemko - Benn

with 9 million to boot i like. i would change danault to drouins line so he can let drouin go and pick up some defensive slack the same way that pacioretty can do the same for galchenyuk. of course thats without markov

JeiJeieL

Jun 15, 2015
Kemi, Finland
Coyotes

Max Domi - Derek Stepan - Anthony Duclair (if plays poorly, demote to 2nd/3rd)
Brendan Perlini - Christian Dvorak - Clayton Keller
Lawson Crouse - Dylan Strome - Tobias Rieder
Jordan Martinook - Nick Cousins - Brad Richardson
Jamie McGinn

Oliver Ekman-Larsson - Niklas Hjalmarsson
Jakob Chychrun - Alex Goligoski
Kevin Connauton - Luke Schenn
Adam Clendening

Antti Raanta
Louis Domingue

Blue Goose

May 26, 2012
Los Angeles
hockeytransplant.com
Colin Miller should be in the Knights top 6 unless they move him.

No doubt.
It's kinda hard to speculate, since there's a good chance we'll still make some trades before/during training camp. Once the roster is set, the emphasis will be on giving the pending UFA's the best chance to pump up their value in advance of the trade deadline.

I was listening to a podcast with Gary Lawless today, and he said in his dealings with the team he imagines that Marchessault will play on the top line (like he did in Florida at the start of last season while Huberdeau was out), and that Eakin will center the shutdown line. The team also seems REALLY high on Lindberg, so I'd pencil him in at 2C. And I figure Smith would be in the Top 6, since Gallant really seems to like him.

Leipsic/Carrier/Nosek/Pulkkinen are essentially competing for three spots. They all need waivers, and I think McPhee won't want to risk losing more than one of them for nothing: McPhee admitted Carrier was one of two guys he wanted from BUF (and the Sabres gave up a pick to keep the other one); they took Nosek over seemingly better options from DET (Mrazek etc); and Leipsic got a 2-year deal. John Chayka said that McPhee didn't even bother to call him and ask for any kind of side deal during the Expansion Draft, and Pulkkinen only got a 1-year 2-way deal, so I'd guess Pulkkinen is the one who gets waived to the AHL.

Also, based on waiver eligibility and our abundance of d-men, as of now Theodore will likely start the season in the AHL - but that would change if there are trades.

My best guess at our lineup (UFA's in BOLD):

Marchessault - Shipachyov - Neal
Perron - Lindberg - Smith
Haula - Eakin - Leipsic
Bellemare - Karlsson - Carrier
Nosek (scratch)

Schmidt - Garrison
Sbisa - Miller
McNabb - Engelland
Reinhart, Merrill (scratches)

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
lineup leafs should always have on the ice

martin-marleau-marner

marincin-marchenko

Actually they should use it as the top line for the marlies

:sarcasm:

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
Coyotes

Max Domi - Derek Stepan - Anthony Duclair (if plays poorly, demote to 2nd/3rd)
Brendan Perlini - Christian Dvorak - Clayton Keller
Lawson Crouse - Dylan Strome - Tobias Rieder
Jordan Martinook - Nick Cousins - Brad Richardson
Jamie McGinn

Oliver Ekman-Larsson - Niklas Hjalmarsson
Jakob Chychrun - Alex Goligoski
Kevin Connauton - Luke Schenn
Adam Clendening

Antti Raanta
Louis Domingue

They'll lose a ton but they'll be sooo exciting to watch!

wannabebluesplayer

Apr 16, 2012
:blues (x - x - x)

[table="head;width=1000]LW|C|RW
Jaden Schwartz|Paul Stastny|Vladimir Tarasenko
Robby Fabbri|Vladamir Sobotka|Alexander Steen
Brayden Schenn|Ivan Barbashev|Dmitrij Jaškin
Magnus Pääjärvi|Kyle Brodziak|Chris Thorburn[/table]
Injured: Patrik Berglund

[table="head;width=1000]LD|RD
Jay Bouwmeester|Alex Pietrangelo
Joel Edmundson|Colton Parayko
Carl Gunnarsson|Robert Bortuzzo[/table]

[table="head;width=1000]G|
Jake Allen
Carter Hutton
[/table]

Changed it for you :) It was close though.

[table="head;width=1000]LW|C|RW
Jaden Schwartz|Fabbri/Schenn|Vladimir Tarasenko
Alexander Steen|Paul Stastny|Fabbri/Schenn
Vladimir Sobotka|Ivan Barbashev|Magnus Pääjärvi
Dmitrij Jaskin/Chris Thorburn|Kyle Brodziak|Beau Bennett[/table]
Injured: Patrik Berglund

[table="head;width=1000]LD|RD
Jay Bouwmeester|Alex Pietrangelo
Joel Edmundson|Colton Parayko
Carl Gunnarsson|Robert Bortuzzo[/table]

[table="head;width=1000]G|
Jake Allen
Carter Hutton
[/table]

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
If anyone knows of any injuries that are keeping players out of the opening line-up that were otherwise locks, please let me know so I can update!

NetflixandPhil

May 7, 2016
I also think Adam Pelech will be in the top 6 over Scott Mayfield for the Islanders. Pelech just got a 4 x 1.6 mil contract.

QJL

Jan 2, 2014
The most recent Rangers lineup above is fairly accurate but I'll make a few changes:

Chris Kreider - Mika Zibanejad - Pavel Buchnevich
JT Miller - Kevin Hayes - Mats Zuccarello
Rick Nash - Lias Andersson - Jimmy Vesey
Michael Grabner - David Desharnais - Jesper Fast
Matt Puempel

Ryan McDonagh - Kevin Shattenkirk
Brady Skjei - Brendan Smith
Marc Staal - Anthony DeAngelo
Alexei Bereglazov

Henrik Lundqvist
Ondrej Pavelec

Hockeyplayer99

Jul 31, 2005
Rangers lines look pretty good, except I think Bereglazov will likely play over Holden.

Rangers depth looks scary. That 4th line is really bad. Looks like we will be rolling 3 lines and when Fast comes back 3 lines with Fast filling in. If Nieves is already up our Forward depth is really bad. Hope no injuries to the top 9. Even though the Center depth is really bad also.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->