2017-18 NCAA Women's Basketball Thread

Duke33

Oct 9, 2009
Houston, TX
Its honestly better for WBB that UConn loses. Its waaaaaay more competitive.

It still has a long way to go. There's still really a very tiny handful of teams that are championship-caliber every year. And the interest still has a ways to go. Even in that ND-UConn game there were still obvious patches of open rows and seats.

Good for the Irish though. With all their injuries, etc, I didn't think they'd get anywhere close to this. Good coaching and heart. And Geno needs to learn how to handle losing better. His postgame presser was decent but he was acting like an idiot in the game, screaming obvious obscenities at the refs, looking like a grumpy bear while offering congrats to the ND players, etc. If the refs had any stones he would have been teed up two or three times.

And ESPN, if you're going to put an ex-Husky on the broadcast team, maybe coach her up a little to not be so enthusiastic and chatty when UConn is on a good run, and silent/morose as the grave when ND was pulling ahead. That made for some awkward silences that the other two had to make up for.

Reactions: Voight

BigMac1212

I feel...alone.
Jun 12, 2003
Sun Devil Country
The Lady Irish shook down the thunder from the skies for two straight games. That was an excellent finish for a National Championship game.

Don't give the .1 second, NCAA. That fraction of a second is scrupulous is meaningless, at best. Congrats to Mississippi State. They played hard after playing Louisville an extra 5 in the Semis. Great job for Muffet & Notre Dame.

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
What a terrific Final Four and what good news for women's basketball in the States. Three incredibly exciting games.

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
Damn I'm sorry for any Mississippi State fans who post here. That was their shot at a national championship, in any sport as they've never won anything team-wise. Damn good game but brutal ending for Bulldogs fans.

Duke33

Oct 9, 2009
Houston, TX
Damn I'm sorry for any Mississippi State fans who post here. That was their shot at a national championship, in any sport as they've never won anything team-wise. Damn good game but brutal ending for Bulldogs fans.

They had their shot, they had a 15 point lead in the 3rd and were leading by five with just under two minutes left.

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Given Loyola's improbable nun-fuelled run to the Final Four, Villanova poised to win another championship, and Notre Dame pulling off two miracles in a row, I'm beginning to think God is Catholic after all.

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016

Losing to Louisville on Friday would have been a lot less painful than what happened today.

Hadoop

Aug 13, 2002
Mississauga
The women's tourney is normally a snooze-fest due to the lack of close games relative to the men's, but what a thrilling women's Final Four this year. Congrats to Ogunbowale for the kind of championship-winning shot that every boy and girl that plays hoops dreams of making.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->