2017-18 NCAA Women's Basketball Thread

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
Will be interesting to see if South Carolina can repeat. Dawn Staley has done a good job with that program.

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
Without Coates, Gray, and Davis? Doubt it. Too many crucial graduations at once.

A South Carolina friend told me he thought they had a shot at repeating so I'm just going off of that. My friend tends to be a bit of a homer though :laugh:

Aladyyn

they praying for the death of a rockstar
Apr 6, 2015
Czech Republic
A South Carolina friend told me he thought they had a shot at repeating so I'm just going off of that. My friend tends to be a bit of a homer though :laugh:
I'm not very knowledgeable about college basketball but Coates and Gray were lottery picks in the WNBA draft and Davis went top 10 so I assume they're preeeeetty big losses. Especially since Gray and Davis had another year of eligibility left but declared early. If they stayed I imagine they'd have a good shot though.

BigMac1212

Registered Insominac
Of course, when UNC's Sylvia Hatchell wins 1K, UConn's Geno Auriemma has to outstage the Tar Heel coach and win his 1k game and be the fastest to the mark. And UConn is sill undefeated in the season, to boot.

Do you see why I'm not liking DI Women's College Basketball now?

BigMac1212

Registered Insominac
Okay, here's a wild question: Why do some really good teams schedule non-conference matchups during conference time? I.E. I was looking at the DirecTV lineup, and I saw Tennessee-Notre Dame Women's Basketball game right now on ESPN. It's just something I never understand. (And I got into sports when I moved into Phoenix in 1992. I was never really a sports fan all my life. )

BigMac1212

Registered Insominac
The blowouts are why I HATE Coach Geno: Even when the Lady Huskies have a sizable lead, he WON'T bring in the bench because "it would mess up the chemistry and flow of the team." I'm sorry, your team is beating a 16-seed by nearly 70! Your starters should not be on the floor. Any other coach would be criticized (and rightly, too) for showing poor to no sportsmanship, but Geno gets a free pass for UConn's success.

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
Geno's won everything there is to win. At what point do you think he might want to go out on top? He's already threepeated and fourpeated.

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
The last time we had a Women's Final Four without UConn, Patrick Kane was still in the OHL.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->