GDT: 2017/18 NCAA Basketball discussion

Novacane

Jan 25, 2012
Raleigh, NC
I had no idea this quadrant system existed and was being used this year but it’s why they’re a bubble team at the moment. Basically the losses in quadrant 3 are what’s bringing them down and teams losing to teams in quadrant 1 are getting a pass because the games were tougher. To me, you should be able to show that you can beat the tough teams rather than not have a loss or two to a lesser team but that’s not for me to decide

Sens1Canes2

May 13, 2007
Yay. Last night I acted like a State friend of mine does in pretty much every game, that is, I assumed the absolute worst and thought Duke would blow the doors off of the Heels.

Lo and behold, my team won. That way of thinking is oddly liberating.

Reactions: Unsustainable

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
Well UNC, Duke, and NC State are all in trouble this time. Dennis Smith got a big loan while Tony Bradley and Wendell Carter are also named. It will be interesting to see how this plays out.

Duke, UNC, NC State players mentioned in federal basketball investigation documents, report says

NC State will get the death penalty, UNC will be given an award from the NCAA for it perseverance in the face of adversity, and Duke's name will be expunged from the report.

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
Clemson and South Carolina are also involved. I'm sure more names will drop soon.

Basically, roughly half of the schools we cheer for here at HFCanes are going down in a blaze of glory one way or another.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
Someone on one of the WVU boards posted a list up of the teams implicated in this so far:

- Duke
- North Carolina
- NC State
- Kansas
- Kentucky
- Louisville
- Michigan State
- Maryland
- Xavier
- Texas
- Alabama
- Seton Hall
- Utah
- LSU
- USC
- Clemson
- Wichita State
- Washington
- South Carolina

Glad to see no WVU on there, also interesting that there's no Nova on there either.

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
Someone on one of the WVU boards posted a list up of the teams implicated in this so far:

- Duke
- North Carolina
- NC State
- Kansas
- Kentucky
- Louisville
- Michigan State
- Maryland
- Xavier
- Texas
- Alabama
- Seton Hall
- Utah
- LSU
- USC
- Clemson
- Wichita State
- Washington
- South Carolina

Glad to see no WVU on there, also interesting that there's no Nova on there either.
Don't go forgetting Virginia. Brogdon was implicated as having ties to Dawkins as well, so they're on the list in the recent past.

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
I could have sworn someone within Baylors basketball program was involved in the shit that the football program is currently in. Surprised to not see them on the list.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
I could have sworn someone within Baylors basketball program was involved in the **** that the football program is currently in. Surprised to not see them on the list.

This is just recruiting violations mind you. They're dirty as shit, and probably for that reason as well, but that's not the primary reason with that program.

Don't go forgetting Virginia. Brogdon was implicated as having ties to Dawkins as well, so they're on the list in the recent past.
Good call, yeah they'll probably be involved with this as well. Bennett's a great coach but some of the recruits that passed up much bigger programs to go there before this recent stretch shortly after he was hired is a bit suspect.

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
I've heard that we (Virginia Tech) are at some point going to be implicated due to some shenanigans that went down during Seth Greenberg's time. I was a little surprised that we weren't listed in this one, to be honest.

But at the same time, we've been so bad for so long at basketball, there might not be anything to gain by going after us. Literally every other fish is a bigger fish to fry.

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
Is anyone truly surprised that things like this that have been rumored forever happened and are coming out when someone actually bothers to investigate?

Brock Anton

flames #badnwagon
Nov 8, 2009
Westerly, RI
DWxiAKtVAAA0L7q

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
Dundon was at Cameron for the Duke UNC game with his pal Romo. How soon before he wants the fans coming up with chants like the Crazies?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->