2017-18 NBA regular season thread

Hadoop

Aug 13, 2002
Mississauga
East is definitely up for grabs this year. Cleveland have LeBron and plenty of gifted scorers/shooters but their collective team foot-speed is one of the worst in the league (and certainly worse than their foot-speed even last year). Boston have the best record in the conference but you wonder how guys like Brown and Tatum will fare in the playoffs. Toronto might just have the best blend of youth and experience and would be my pick right now, but there's still half the season to go.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Mad props to the Raptors. Between ****kicking the Cavs without Lowry and Ibaka and taking the Warriors to the limit after being down 20 at one point (again without Lowry), they finally have the look of a real contender.

Their only weakness right now is they seem to get rattled fairly easily.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
firing luke walton for fizdale would be an incredibly stupid move. not that it would happen, the lakers FO backs walton 100% at the moment. at worst, he'll get one more season before they can him

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
These Timberwolves jerseys are so bland, almost like something a YMCA team would wear.

I can applaud them for trying something new, but I also didn't think they needed to change.

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
These Timberwolves jerseys are so bland, almost like something a YMCA team would wear.

I can applaud them for trying something new, but I also didn't think they needed to change.

If I had to guess, the main reason for the uniform change is they wanted a clean break from their decade+ of losing. Change the culture and the look completely.

They are on their way to another blowout win tonight. That team is rolling big time right now.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
How does Tyronn Lue still have a job? They were like 30-10 when they fired Blatt.

They fired Blatt because LeBron wanted a former player as his coach.

firing luke walton for fizdale would be an incredibly stupid move. not that it would happen, the lakers FO backs walton 100% at the moment. at worst, he'll get one more season before they can him

Fizdale is close with LBJ, so that would be part of the reasoning in an attempt to court him. He was also given waaay to short of a leash in Memphis.

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
If I had to guess, the main reason for the uniform change is they wanted a clean break from their decade+ of losing. Change the culture and the look completely.

They are on their way to another blowout win tonight. That team is rolling big time right now.

Oh I get it. I think they could have done better though.

On the other hand, it's nice to see them succeeding again.

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
Jesus christ, how blind do you have to be to not see that's a blatant goaltend by Wesley Johnson? And then the ticky tacky continuation for Griffin.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
so apparently paul, harden, and green tried entering the clippers locker room to confront austin rivers. it didn't work, so paul showed them a back way to get in

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
so apparently paul, harden, and green tried entering the clippers locker room to confront austin rivers. it didn't work, so paul showed them a back way to get in

For some reason I find that hilarious :laugh:

Knowing the Clips arena - one of the key things he brings to the team .

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
The least likable team in the association splits up and feuds, that's much-watch TV for me any day of the week :laugh: I can't even pick a side, the hostility is enough for me.

Chris Paul leading his team through a secret tunnel is amazing.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Chris Paul is a chump lol the guy will forever be a loser. Brenden Haywood on NBA Radio this morning was talking about how he personally knows of many instances where Paul's "leadership" gets a bit too overboard and players will tell him to his face "you gotta calm down because you ain't won **** in your career". Can't say I blame players for stepping to Paul. He isn't much of a leader.

Also lolz at Kyle Lowry talking **** about Ben Simmons.

sparxx87

Don Quixote
Jan 5, 2010
Toronto
Chris Paul is a chump lol the guy will forever be a loser. Brenden Haywood on NBA Radio this morning was talking about how he personally knows of many instances where Paul's "leadership" gets a bit too overboard and players will tell him to his face "you gotta calm down because you ain't won **** in your career". Can't say I blame players for stepping to Paul. He isn't much of a leader.

Also lolz at Kyle Lowry talking **** about Ben Simmons.
Why? Simmons told him to meet him in the back and didn’t wanna go? Lowry turned and ran, Simmons passively took his time and pretended he didn’t see Lowry. Whose the *****?

When you do what you say you’re going to do, it’s not talking ****.... Ben Simmons was the only one taking ****.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad