2017-18 NBA regular season thread

Asiantuntija

C.Ronaldo > L.Messi
Nov 4, 2016
King of the North dropped 33 points against Knicks. Markkanen dropped 8 3s in that game. Now he is tied for the most 3s in a game by 7 footer with Dirk.

Last edited:

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Big game tonight between Raptors and Cavs. Think whoever wins will end up #2 in the East. Will Lowry be back tonight I wonder?

Vamos Rafa

Jan 11, 2010
Armenia, California
Does Ben Simmons still count as an Australian without the Australian accent? :sarcasm:

If Australian accent = sober and American accent = intoxicated, he's definitely getting arrested for DUI.

When did he move to the US?

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
Does Ben Simmons still count as an Australian without the Australian accent? :sarcasm:

If Australian accent = sober and American accent = intoxicated, he's definitely getting arrested for DUI.

january 2013

darko

Feb 16, 2009

His old man lived in AUS for 30 years and not a hint of Aussie accent.

Btw you guys stole Kyrie so hands off Ben.

Asiantuntija

C.Ronaldo > L.Messi
Nov 4, 2016
Notice you have been quite as Jimmy B has put up an MVP caliber performance while leading the T-Wolves into thick of playoff fight

Good for Jimmy. He is excellent player but his mentality wasn't right for our team. He was getting too big, was trying to dictate the terms and get coach fired. Hoiberg is more than excellent coach for our young players. He help Dunn to became good shooter & also helped Markkanen away from his shooting slump. Trade was really good think for everyone. We got 3 excellent players and they got superstar.

Last edited:
Reactions: ChicagoBullsFan

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York

Simmons has already said that he’ll represent Australia in international competition. A bit of an accent does come through when he says certain words. It sounds pretty weird when he does it actually.

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
Good for Jimmy. He is excellent player but his mentality wasn't right for our team. He was getting too big, was trying to dictate the terms and get coach fired. Hoiberg is more than excellent coach for our young players. He help Dunn to became good shooter & also helped Markkanen away from his shooting slump. Trade was really good think for everyone. We got 3 excellent players and they got superstar.
Did he really help Lauri with that tho?

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street

Kyrie apparently wanted to play for the USA because it would be a greater challenge. Instead of cake-walking onto the Aussie team, he wanted to compete against the Westbrooks and CP3's of the league. He gains some respect there.

Imagine if he took the easy way and played for the Aussies.... Kyrie and Simmons.... wowzas. Plus you got Ingles + Exum.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Kyrie apparently wanted to play for the USA because it would be a greater challenge. Instead of cake-walking onto the Aussie team, he wanted to compete against the Westbrooks and CP3's of the league. He gains some respect there.

Imagine if he took the easy way and played for the Aussies.... Kyrie and Simmons.... wowzas. Plus you got Ingles + Exum.
I mean... if anything, the challenge is playing for the Aussie's, not the Americans. Sure, it's a competition to make the team outright but it's an even bigger challenge to beat that team when you don't have a 15-player superstar lineup.

Reactions: Voight

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I think Walton is a good young coach and the Lakers should stick with him but Windhorst threw out some interesting speculation today......

It's clearly pure speculation as you can hear in the clip but hiring LeBron's guy would just be another step in trying to sell him on the Lakers.

ChicagoBullsFan

Jun 6, 2015
Finland
Raef Lafrentz used to do that

Notice you have been quiet as Jimmy B has put up an MVP caliber performance while leading the T-Wolves into thick of playoff fight

Believe it or not but even I have life to live. It's good for Jimmy he's playing well in Minnesota.
I would have liked to see him ( Jimmy) playing with Markkanen but unfortunately it wasn't possible.

It really sucks when you have to trade teams best player to start a rebuild.
But sometimes GM's needs to do decisions which can hurt the team.

I'll watch so many Bulls games as i ever can.
But don't expect that i'm here every single day commenting Bulls and their game performances.

Last edited:

ChicagoBullsFan

Jun 6, 2015
Finland

Yeah, and without Jimmy's trade we (Bulls) would not have received Dunn,Lavine and Markkanen.

ChicagoBullsFan

Jun 6, 2015
Finland
Who Bulls should draft 2018 NBA draft if options are Luka Doncic, DeAndre Ayton, Marvin Bagley and Michael Porter jr.

I want Doncic but Bulls already have Dunn,Lavine, Nwaba, Grant, Holiday and Valentine in guards.
But the best side on Doncic is that he's able to play SF ( Small forward) which is good for Bulls because they'll need solid SF ( Paul Zipser isn't enough)

If Bulls drafts another PF ( power forward) in Porter JR or Bagley that probably means Markkanen is Center next year.

If / when Bulls take C in Ayton then Markkanen stays to PF position.
But what to do with Robin Lopez he's only veteran player in Bulls young team and every team in NBA needs veterans too.

So should Bulls trade Lopez too or not if they will go with Ayton in the draft night.
Only what's already sure is that Mirotic will be traded soon.

Last edited:

darko

Feb 16, 2009

Patty Mills too. RIP Dream Team.

Kyrie is a fool. I still dislike him for doing that.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Who Bulls should draft 2018 NBA draft if options are Luka Doncic, DeAndre Ayton, Marvin Bagley and Michael Porter jr.

I want Doncic but Bulls already have Dunn,Lavine, Nwaba, Grant, Holiday and Valentine in guards.
But the best side on Doncic is that he's able to play SF ( Small forward) which is good for Bulls because they'll need solid SF ( Paul Zipser isn't enough)

If Bulls drafts another PF ( power forward) in Porter JR or Bagley that probably means Markkanen is Center next year.

If / when Bulls take C in Ayton then Markkanen stays to PF position.
But what to do with Robin Lopez he's only veteran player in Bulls young team and every team in NBA needs veterans too.

So should Bulls trade Lopez too or not if they will go with Ayton in the draft night.
Only what's already sure is that Mirotic will be traded soon.
Porter Jr is more of a 3 than a 4 i reckon. Doncic will play 3 in NBA.

Reactions: ChicagoBullsFan

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
I think Walton is a good young coach and the Lakers should stick with him but Windhorst threw out some interesting speculation today......

It's clearly pure speculation as you can hear in the clip but hiring LeBron's guy would just be another step in trying to sell him on the Lakers.

Windhorst also happens to be the guy whos followed LeBron everywhere, so of all people he'd have some sort of inside info.

ChicagoBullsFan

Jun 6, 2015
Finland
Porter Jr is more of a 3 than a 4 i reckon. Doncic will play 3 in NBA.

By the way whats the Michael Porter Jr's condition right now?
Last what i read about him was that he was going to back surgery and he''ll probably miss rest of the season. So is he reporting to 2018 NBA draft or staying one more season in college?

Good to know that Doncic will likely play 3 in NBA.
Based on the Bulls games what i'm seen Paul Zipser looks useful player and he can shoot some points if he has good shooting night. But the question is that does he have future in the Bulls especially if Bulls draft Doncic.

Last edited:

Asiantuntija

C.Ronaldo > L.Messi
Nov 4, 2016
Did he really help Lauri with that tho?

Yes he did based on his interview: "It was fun to see Lauri (break out). I showed him a couple of his shots from the last game with his balance, where it was when he sticks his follow through and his landing. I thought the tempo on his shot was much better tonight as well. So it was good to see those two get it going and finish in the fourth quarter. We've been trying to play those lineups with those two guys out there at the same time, and I thought they were really good out there."

Yes, the formerly embattled Hoiberg.

Markkanen said Hoiberg, who also has served as the team's shot doctor in fixing Dunn's broken shot, sat him down to watch film of his early season shooting.

"Just how I was earlier in the season," Markkanen related. "I was a little bit tired and my shots were short. I was leaning forward a little bit. We didn't change anything, just watched films a little bit and how it was earlier and just tried to get back to that. Getting a little lower on the shot and having my balance better."

Last edited:
Reactions: Virtanen18

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->