2018-19 KEY DATES: scheds, camp, salary cap, media, 2018 draft picks

Status
Not open for further replies.

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
This post will be updated for 2018-19 as info is presented.

2017 KEY DATES
2017 PRESEASON SCHEDULE
  • Wed Sep. 13 | vs. NY Islanders (rookies)| Wells Fargo Center (Philadelphia, PA) | No home feed | No home feed | 7:00 p.m.
  • Sun Sep. 17| at NY Islanders| Nassau Veterans Memorial Coliseum (Uniondale, NY) | No home feed | 97.5 | 1:00 p.m.
  • Wed Sep 20| vs. NY Islanders (split squad)| PPL Center (Allentown, PA) | No home feed | 97.5 | 7:00 p.m.
  • Wed Sep 20| at NY Islanders (split squad)| Barclays Center (Brooklyn, NY) | No home feed |TBD | 7:00 p.m.
  • Thu Sep 21| at Boston | TD Garden (Boston, MA) | No home feed |97.5 | 7:00 p.m.
  • Mon Sep 25| at NY Rangers| Madison Square Garden (New York, NY) |No home feed |97.5 | 7:00 p.m.
  • Tue Sep 26|vs. NY Rangers| Wells Fargo Center (Philadelphia, PA) | TCN| 97.5 | 7:00 p.m.
  • Thu Sep 28|vs. Boston | Wells Fargo Center (Philadelphia, PA) | CSN| 97.5 | 7:00 p.m.
  • Sun Oct 1| vs. NY Islanders| Wells Fargo Center (Philadelphia, PA) | TCN| 97.5 | 5:00 p.m
PROMOTIONAL AND REGULAR SEASON SCHEDULES
FLYERS' MEDIA COVERAGE

Athletic, The
Broad Street Hockey
Center Ice Philly
Courier-Post of South Jersey
Delaware County Times
Flyerdelphia
FlyersNation
FlyingFishHockey
Fourth Period, The
HockeyBuzz.com
NBC Sports Philadelphia
Philadelphia Daily News and Inquirer
Philadelphia Sports Nation
Sons of Penn
Sports Radio 97.5 The Fanatic
Sports Radio 94 WIP
LEHIGH VALLEY PHANTOMS' MEDIA AND TEAM COVERAGE

Allentown Morning Call
American Hockey League
Lehigh Valley Phantoms
Inside AHL Hockey
WAEB 790 AM
WSAN 1470 AM
READING ROYALS' MEDIA AND TEAM COVERAGE

ECHL
Reading Eagle
Reading Royals
ADDITIONAL MEDIA COVERAGE
OFFICIAL TEAM SITES
SALARY CAP DATA
2018 ENTRY DRAFT PICKS
RoundNumber Original Owner Main Figure in Trade
114St. LouisBrayden Schenn
119Philadelphia None
2TBDPhiladelphiaNone
4TBDPhiladelphiaNone
5TBDArizonaNick Cousins
5TBDPhiladelphiaNone
6TBDPhiladelphiaNone
7TBDPhiladelphiaNone
7TBDMontrealPicks
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
BLUES' ROUND 1 PICK: *If this pick falls in the top 10, St. Louis has the option to defer to its 2019 first-round pick. It that happens, the Flyers also receive St. Louis' 2020 third-round pick. St. Louis is part of the NHL draft lottery which would affect this pick if it falls in the top three. UPDATE: Flyers to receive the 14th pick in the first round.
FLYERS' ROUND 3 PICK: ** DET guaranteed no less than a 4th round for Mrazek. If PHI makes playoffs and Mrazek wins 5 games for PHI in reg season, 4th becomes a 3rd. If PHI advances to CF, and Mrazek wins six playoff games, the 3rd becomes a 2nd. If PHI re-signs him next season, DET gets PHI 3rd in 19. (source: Bob McKenzie).​
2019 DRAFT:
1. Flyers own their pick.
2. Flyers own their pick
3. Flyers traded the pick to Possible condition pick to Detroit if Flyers re-sign Mrazek.
3. Flyers get New Jersey's original pick which was dealt to Edmonton (Cooper Marody).
4. Flyers own their pick.
5. Flyers own their pick
6. Flyers own their pick.
7. Flyers own their pick.

Last edited:

Flukeshot

Briere Activate!
Sponsor
Feb 19, 2004
Brampton, Ont
Amazing we have all our original picks heading into the draft. When was the last time that happened?

Also I hope that Boston 3rd turns into a star player just so we can enjoy referencing the Rinaldo trade for years to come.

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
Opening nights were just released. Guess which team is the opponent for the highest number? Guess which team has the last (actually tied with one other club) opening night?

It's a minor gripe but the Flyers start on the West Coast again and play at 3 other teams' opening nights. Only 6 other teams play in 2.

Alex91

Sep 12, 2014
We start vs San Jose? I member watching the SJ home game vs Philly last year and it seemed like the camera guy was in the 300 seats and had zoom turned off

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
We start vs San Jose? I member watching the SJ home game vs Philly last year and it seemed like the camera guy was in the 300 seats and had zoom turned off

It's also dark as **** in that place. Maybe the jigawatts are all being used by Silicon Valley. The place, not the (very awesome) TV show.

Adam Warlock

Apr 15, 2006
So the Flyers are going to open the season with 2 back to back 1030pm weeknight starts?

What a huge middle finger to us fans. Just awful.

flyersjim73

Nov 19, 2011
Philly
I'm actually pretty happy about it. The Flyers struggle at the beginning of the season and they struggle on the west coast - might as well get them both out of the way at once. Winning a couple would be a bonus.

PHILOUDELPHIA

Feb 29, 2012
South Jersey NJ
I just like to know who is doing these NHL schedules.

open on road
@ sharks @ kings @ predators.

I'm a little shocked they don't have the ducks between the sharks and kings, I mean we right there.

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
As a matter of confirming what was mentioned earlier in this thread:
On the heels of a historic Stanley Cup Final, NHL Network today announced that it will exclusively reveal the NHL regular season game schedule this Thursday for the first time ever. Prior to its wider distribution by the NHL's now 31 clubs, NHL Network will reveal the league-wide schedule during the hour-long NHL Tonight: 2017-18 Schedule Release this Thursday, June 22, live at 3 p.m. ET.

Host Steve Mears and analysts E.J. Hradek and Stanley Cup champion John MacLean will announce the regular season game schedule, provide analysis and host guest interviews. Following NHL Tonight: 2017-18 Schedule Release, NHL Tonight will recap headlines across the league at 6 p.m. ET with host Scott Braun and analyst Bill Lindsay.

On Friday, June 23, NHL Network will televise three hours of coverage before and after the first round of the 2017 NHL Draft, live from the United Center in Chicago, hosted by NHL Network's Jamison Coyle, Tony Luftman and Steve Mears with analysts E.J. Hradek, Brian Lawton, Darren Pang and Dave Reid. On Saturday, June 24, NHL Network will exclusively televise rounds 2 through 7 of the 2017 NHL Draft in the U.S. beginning live at 10 a.m. ET.

https://www.nhl.com/news/2017-18-schedule-reveal-thursday-on-nhl-network/c-289987174

Phlyer Phan in LA

Oct 2, 2006
Ironic that I was hoping to catch a Flyers home game when I'm back in Philly area in early October and of course they're out here in LA! :cry:

Have already circled the Vegas game; will be there! :yo:

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
There is a link in the first post as well and conversation can continue in other appropriate threads -- or here -- but for purposes of easy access we have this thread for basic info.

Development camp. Forty players will participate in the Flyers’ development camp starting Friday in Voorhees.

Nolan Patrick, selected No. 2 overall in the recent NHL draft, will not participate because he is recovering from sports-hernia surgery.

Most of the players the Flyers selected in last month’s draft will attend, along with top prospects such as Oskar Lindblom, German Rubtsov, Mike Vecchione, Travis Sanheim, Phil Myers, Carter Hart, and Felix Sandstrom.

Player development coaches John Riley, Kjell Samuelsson, Brett Hextall, and Brady Robinson will conduct on-ice drills and oversee the camp.

The camp, which is free and open to the public, runs through July 12, though the July 10 sessions will consist of off-ice activities. The July 12 session will be held in Stone Harbor, where the Trial on the Isle competition will begin at 9 a.m. at the 96th Street beach.

The schedule for Friday and next Saturday: goaltenders from 8 a.m. to 10:15 a.mm, and from 2:45 p.m. to 4:15 p.m.; defensemen from 10:30-11:30 a.m., and from 5:15 p.m. to 6:15 p.m.; and forwards from 9:30 a.m. to 11:45 a.m., and from 5:15 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports...s-jordan-weal-stays-with-flyers-20170701.html

Pantokrator

Who's the clown?
Jan 27, 2004
Semmes, Alabama
I'm just looking at next year's list of draft picks and there are 11. We had 9 picks in 2015, 10 picks in 2016, 9 picks in 2017 - that's 11 extra picks in 4 years.

I like the way Hextall is working this. THN always comments on how you need to have a lot of picks to hope to get 2 each draft that are capable of playing in the NHL. I believe they say that is what teams need to shoot for.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Not to nitpick, but we currently have 10 assuming we get the St.L pick. The 7th rounder from Straka did not convert.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->