My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Brett Burns
Claude Giroux
Jakub Vorachek
Alexander Barkov.
Patrick Bergeron
Bryan Little

Are all still available for a package for Draft picks.

For people who have bad keepers next year, I have elite keepers available due 2 many enough keeper slots.

PM me anytime

Last edited:

BrockH

Nov 12, 2008
Toronto, ON
can you actually have something such as +50 pace? just wondering
Sure, why wouldn't you be able to? I mean, sure, performance is unreliable, so the range of outcomes is much higher. However, there's definitely a correlation between past +/- and future +/-, especially within a season.

CRDragon

[̲̅$̲̅(̲̅ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°̲̅)̲̅$̲̅]
Dec 2, 2006
Vancouver
Sure, why wouldn't you be able to? I mean, sure, performance is unreliable, so the range of outcomes is much higher. However, there's definitely a correlation between past +/- and future +/-, especially within a season.

Can you prove the correlation in comparison with other metrics such as points, PIMs, shots and such?
The fact that +/- can give you negatives can throw the correlation off year after year, maybe less within a season.

BrockH

Nov 12, 2008
Toronto, ON
Can you prove the correlation in comparison with other metrics such as points, PIMs, shots and such?
The fact that +/- can give you negatives can throw the correlation off year after year, maybe less within a season.

Are you asking me to prove there's a correlation? That's pretty obvious - unless you think it's a fluke that Bergeron has been a + for 11 straight seasons (odds of that happening, if +/- is truly random, would be 0.04%).

I already admitted it was more volatile, so I'm not sure what you mean by prove it in comparison with other metrics? Could you clarify what you want me to prove?

CRDragon

Dec 2, 2006
Vancouver
Are you asking me to prove there's a correlation? That's pretty obvious - unless you think it's a fluke that Bergeron has been a + for 11 straight seasons (odds of that happening, if +/- is truly random, would be 0.04%).

I already admitted it was more volatile, so I'm not sure what you mean by prove it in comparison with other metrics? Could you clarify what you want me to prove?

As in if you agree something is volatile, can it be correlated accurately? Instead of putting Bergeron as an example, maybe look at the more average NHLers and see how their +/- could be year after year, or whether their first half +/- performance could be carried over to their second half +/- performances.

BrockH

Nov 12, 2008
Toronto, ON
As in if you agree something is volatile, can it be correlated accurately? Instead of putting Bergeron as an example, maybe look at the more average NHLers and see how their +/- could be year after year, or whether their first half +/- performance could be carried over to their second half +/- performances.

I think you're confusing the word correlate and the word predict. Correlate just means there is a relationship. i.e. Two variables are not completely independent. It doesn't really make sense to say "can it be correlated accurately". The closest thing to do would be to ask if it is a strong correlation, but I never made any claim that it was. In fact, I did the opposit, because I said it's highly volatile so predictions are less accurate. That's literally the definition of volatility ("liability to change rapidly and unpredictably").

Regardless of the strength of the correlation or predictability though, the definition of "pace" is a rate of progress/performance/delivery. So yes, the rate at which he has accumulated +/- so far this season is indisputably at a +50 pace over an 82 game season - that's a fact, not an opinion. Saying someone is doing something at a certain pace doesn't mean that you think they will finish at that point, it just means that's the rate they've gone at so far.

All that said, what I do believe and was implying, is that W. Karlsson has a really freaking good +/- so far this year, and that should have value because it has some correlation to future +/- (albeit not as strong a correlation as points). Obviously getting a player who is +40 is better than getting a player who is -40, all other things being equal.

Last edited:

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
47 pts in 55 games dadonov and 46 pts in 46 games jaden Schwartz available for mid picksssss bros

Eric 65 pts in 66 games staal also available :)

Last edited:

CRDragon

Dec 2, 2006
Vancouver
Congrats to all the teams making the playoffs this year! Canucker and SC will be fighting for 2nd place, with an outside shot for The A-Team.

Canucks LB

Oct 12, 2008
Holy god did I make it, about damn time.

Good trades saved my ass this year, rask one saved season

Canucks LB

Oct 12, 2008
Keep sending proposals, ill mull over deals.

Nothing silly th0

Canucks LB

Oct 12, 2008
You made it so now trade all your good players for picks!

:sarcasm:
? ill lose bergeron only, Not that big of a loss.

Gonna see if I can make a nice run, Don't need 2 kill all my picks 2 do it.

BrockH

Nov 12, 2008
Toronto, ON
Trade to announce:
To Mustangs:
W. Karlsson + My 10th

To BrockH:
Mustang's 6th

I can't believe the best I could do for Karlsson is a 6th, he's 4th in goals and 1st in +/-, but it is what it is. Congrats to Mustangs on a steal of a rental.

Reactions: VanillaCoke

Canucks LB

Oct 12, 2008
I wanna trade, pmed people, messaged alot, but not a lot of hits, just vanilla basically.

Lame.

I am around, PM me if u wanna do something, or ill just stay

Canucks LB

Oct 12, 2008
barkov
giroux
bergeron
wheeler
krug
leon Drai
Burns
vorachek
Schenn
Bergeron

Barzal (r)
butcher (r)

This is my list, Make offers for anybody on that list.
You can message me on discord, here, yahoo, w/e

Last edited:

CRDragon

Dec 2, 2006
Vancouver
Anybody interested in Tyler Myers or JVR for the run, I am putting them as available. PM or throw an offer on Yahoo if interested.

Shea Weber remains available and has keeper status to enable him to be put on LTIR if anyone wants to trade for him as a keeper next season.

BrockH

Nov 12, 2008
Toronto, ON
Speaking of LTIR, I'm going to make a suggestion. Here's the current LTIR criteria:
a. Players who received keeper status from the preceding off-season and suffer a major injury are eligible for long-term injury exemption, whereby, the manager may drop the player, but still retain the players’ rights. The player need not be on the Yahoo IR, but must have missed at least 1 game due to injury.

Here's my suggested revision:
a. Any player who received keeper status from the preceding off-season or who was drafted in the first round of the current year's fantasy draft is eligible for long-term injury exemption if they suffer a major injury , whereby, the manager may drop the player, but still retain the players’ rights. The player need not be on the Yahoo IR, but must have missed at least 1 game due to injury.

Basically I think if someone drafts a McDavid type in the first round, they're obviously just as valuable as a keeper, and therefore should also be eligible for LTIR (rather than requiring you to waste a spot on them for the rest of the season). Can I get two supporters?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad