2017-18 HFBoards Yahoo Fantasy Premier Keeper League - XIV

GarryValkyrie

Mar 14, 2008
Vancouver
As part of the 'SC likes ranking things' series, I'm going to do a quick ranking of each team's post-draft Forward, Defense and Goalie groups based on the model I made to rank players. Worth noting this didn't include plus/minus.

First up, Forwards!

1. Brock
With 3 of the top 6 forwards as keepers, he was pretty much a lock to be first. Evander Kane and Brandon Dubinsky stand out as his best picks at forward in the draft.

2. A-Team
Actually ranked first (barely), but that is buoyed by Kesler who is out for half the season. Panik and Zetterberg are his biggest adds at forward, aside from Kesler.

3. CRD
Could be higher if not for the questionable adds of Daniel Sedin and Jesse Puljujarvi. Held 3rd spot through excellent picks with JVR, Trocheck and Nino.

4. Vanilla
Supplemented a strong group of young keepers with good picks in Skinner and Staal.

5. Mustangs
Two great picks in Anders Lee and Jeff Carter propel Mustangs into the top 5 forward groups.

6. Luc
Although his lineup is being dragged down by some weaker forwards that will presumably be dropped for D-men at some point, his top end guys are some of the best. Corey Perry was an excellent pick by the Auto-draft.

7. nameless
Auto-draft plucked up a lot of injuries, including a good pick in Patric Hornqvist (if healthy). David Backes was also an excellent late pick.

8. Balls
Added Anze Kopitar and Toews to a strong group of forwards. If they bounce back from weak seasons, he could have one of the better forward groups. A lot riding on players coming off poor seasons though.

9. Canucker
Palmieri and Foligno were both solid picks. Has a lot of youth to start the year though.

10. Archangel
O'Reilly and Krejci were solid picks. Banking on a lot of youth and a lot of bounce back years.

11. CaptainBo
Made two great picks with Atkinson and Radulov. However, like others at the bottom, he's banking on a lot of youth and players coming off poor years. One key may be the good health of Huberdeau, who could be a difference maker if he plays a full season.

Still to come will be goalie and D rankings. Spoiler alert, Brock and CRD are good at everything.
The first time I read this I was like where am I since I didn't see my name at the bottom lol.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Need to trade for a D.

Accidently messed up woth having 3 D not 4/5.

Work party ftl

Hit me up asap ty

CRDragon

[̲̅$̲̅(̲̅ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°̲̅)̲̅$̲̅]
Dec 2, 2006
Vancouver
To Lucbourdon: Ryan McDonagh, CRD's 10th round pick
To CRDragon: Luc's 2nd round pick

Canucks LB

Oct 12, 2008
MCD for a 2nd rounder.

Wanted ideally to give a third as he waa drafted there, not enough, im predicting a big year with shat, gonna gamble a bit.

Mcd has solid stats in every single category, he is a work horse.

I am going for it this year

Pushed it through

Last edited:

Canucks LB

Oct 12, 2008
My 1st rounder is avalible, but only for a sizeable upgrade in multiple positions. 2for1

A fifth rounder must be included from your end do too pick limitations

It will not be easy obtaining it.

Last edited:

Balls Mahoney

2015-2016 HF Premier League World Champion
Aug 14, 2008
Legend
So many games, so many roster decisions

Man... all three of goalies Number One Cop, Lundqvist and Saros are playing against elite teams today. Toronto, Pittsburgh and Chicago... :skeptic:

:huh:

I'd go Saros against Pittsburgh over Lundy vs. Toronto but since Pittsburgh just got BTFO 10-1, not sure I want to go with a young backup against an elite team looking for vengeance. But my faith in Lundy... especially against elite teams... I don't know man.

Canucker

Go Hawks!
Oct 5, 2002
Oak Point, Texas
Man... all three of goalies Number One Cop, Lundqvist and Saros are playing against elite teams today. Toronto, Pittsburgh and Chicago... :skeptic:

I'd go Saros against Pittsburgh over Lundy vs. Toronto but since Pittsburgh just got BTFO 10-1, not sure I want to go with a young backup against an elite team looking for vengeance. But my faith in Lundy... especially against elite teams... I don't know man.

I'd go with Bob and Lundqvist if it were me, but I don't always make the best decisions. Saros will likely get peppered with shots tonight though. You could always just dress one goalie tonight too....or none.

Reactions: FacepalmBenning

Balls Mahoney

2015-2016 HF Premier League World Champion
Aug 14, 2008
Legend
I'd go with Bob and Lundqvist if it were me, but I don't always make the best decisions. Saros will likely get peppered with shots tonight though. You could always just dress one goalie tonight too....or none.

I think you are correct sir. I appreciate your feedback. I think the same. Plz don't hurt me Matthews.

Reactions: Canucker

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
Have 1 too many centers if anyone wants one. Possibly Subban also

Last edited:

Canucks LB

Oct 12, 2008
Johnny hockey is available for trade.

Pm me offers ty

Canucks LB