Prospect Info: 2017-18 Flyers Prospects - Top 30 SKATERS, #4

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I hear ya. He is tough to rank. I have no idea what he is now. I mostly saw a kid that had no interest in fighting for loose pucks and was just there skating up and down the ice doing nothing.

Brain injuries are rough and they are tricky. He could easily bounce back, or he may never be the same. I don't know, but at minimum he certainly shouldn't get ranked ahead of the guys I listed in my last post.

Still hoping something terrible happens to that worthless POS mother****er Malatesta. Guessing he will be dead or in jail before 35.

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012
Odd. Watched a game of his against Hischier in January and he was the best player on the ice. Hope we see a lot more of that next season.

His PPP dropped from 1.2 in his draft year to .69 this year. You must have caught him on a good night.

Flyerfan13

Sponsor
Nov 17, 2016
My problem is where do u put frost, ratcliffe ,sushko ,strome on the ramking list not sure where they fit in? Lol

46zone

Pass me the soft pretzels
Feb 5, 2007
Philadelphia
Toss up between Morin and Myers for me here...went with Morin, if only because I felt he had a strong season in the AHL. I feel like he has become a little underrated around here, and I'm not taking away anything from Myers, I have high hopes for him.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
Thing about Pascal is he has always struggled with consistency. It's been his biggest issue well before that concussion. That he got it together in the 2nd half of his draft year, playing mostly on the wing, was the selling point for his draft stock. It's something to consider.

He regressed hard this year. He deserves a mulligan, no doubt about it, due to the brutal head injury. But he played a lot of games in a row when he got back and was seemingly healthy, though just being healthy isn't always enough because hits like he sustained can cause a lot of hesitation and second guessing out there. It's tough to gauge. Did that hit cause every issue he had this year? Or did it, after a certain point, act as cover for other issues manifesting?

These lists are snapshots in time. He could go right back up again next year. But right now he has to go down IMO. It's as much about other guys passing him on their own merits. In a super deep pool I still have him top 15, grouped with guys like NAK (who had his own down year due to usage), Hagg, Bunnaman, Allison, Ratcliffe. Like most of them, Laberge was a 2nd rounder too, so it's not like he's surrounded by plugs.

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012
My problem is where do u put frost, ratcliffe ,sushko ,strome on the ramking list not sure where they fit in? Lol

I feel like a lot of years the new guys get shafted in these polls. People usually just go with the guys they know better.

MCoster

Jan 12, 2016
Is Myers definitely playing in the AHL (assuming no NHL) this season or back to CHL?

Same with Rubstov. He's almost certainly starting off the year in the CHL right?

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I would think Myers is headed to the AHL.

Rubstov to the CHL for 1 more season.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes

I think it makes sense to loosely group guys. Like Frost and Rubtsov are both 1st rounders with a few similarities, especially as whip smart playmakers who slow the game down, and top 6 potential at C/W. Ratcliffe with Allison as PWFs with size and skating -- though I think Ratcliffe is smarter and a better skater, while Allison has better puck skills. Strome somewhere near Bunnaman as tank-like smart PWFs with skating weaknesses, but Strome has a touch better hands and playmaking but Bunnaman has quicker feet and better edges. Sushko.....don't have the slightest clue. We gave Hogberg a good spot last year given we knew nothing about him but the Flyers loved him as a sleeper, and we liked his profile. Will we do something similar to Sushko or the bigger mystery guy, Lycksell? Like would we put them above some of the AHL guys?

Cyborg LeClair

Thank You Mr. Snider
Nov 18, 2011
Jurassic Park
What gives ratcliffe an edge over Rubtsov?
I just have a feeling that Ratcliffe has a higher chance of reaching his potential. Whether it be by the massive hole our team has at left wing leading to more opportunities for him, or by his size being able to elevate him over other players with similar skill levels. When i watch him i see a 6'6" Simmonds which i think is an incredibly valuable player to have. Especially because he'll be coming into his own during Simmonds eventual decline.

I dont really know what realistic potential Rubtsov has. A two way playmaking center putting up 50-60 points if he pans out? Sounds pretty good, but if I see Ratcliffe as a 30g30a guy who's 6'6" and playing the Simmonds role on the PP, I think thats better than a good second line center. And none of this is to say i dont like Rubtsov, I like all of our prospects, but we have to rank them somehow.
We have so many good prospects. Even mentioning Laberge in your next tier makes me cringe. He was just so awful last year. It was really tough to watch his games. Laberge ahead of Frost, Allison, Laczinsky, and Vorobyov? I'm calling foul.
I was really high on Laberge last season. He really looked like he had Gagne potential. I didnt really get to see him play at all this past season and am willing to chalk up his poor season to the horrific injury he had. I also very much like Frost but if they both reach their potential i see Laberge as having more goal scoring potential. He only eeks him out by a hair.

Allison is another player I'm pretty stoked on. He might be right in the mix with these guys

Random Forest

May 12, 2010
I mean, if you see Ratcliffe as a 6'6" Wayne Simmonds, I don't know how you could have Morin and Myers ahead of him. If that were his realistic upside, he'd have gone in the top half of the first round.

Cyborg LeClair

Thank You Mr. Snider
Nov 18, 2011
Jurassic Park
I mean, if you see Ratcliffe as a 6'6" Wayne Simmonds, I don't know how you could have Morin and Myers ahead of him. If that were his realistic upside, he'd have gone in the top half of the first round.

Morin plays defense which is a need on this team and has top pair shutdown monster potential, hes also 1 inch taller ;)
Myers is 1 inch shorter but also is a RHD with two way top pair upside.

I rank that over top 6 winger potential

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad