Fantasy: 2017-18 Fantasy Hockey (10 team: 9/30 at 11am PT... 12 team: 10/1 at 5pm PT)

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
It's about 9:15am on a Monday, and I have nothing to do now. So...

After last year's failed experiment, I feel obligated to bring you folks a better fantasy hockey experience this time around. I don't know how to do that to be honest, but I do know that Fantrax will not be used. I prefer it to Yahoo or ESPN, but I know that you guys didn't like it. Fantasy hockey is not open on Yahoo or ESPN yet, but I am opening up registration early because I will be away in late August. I have not decided which site (again, not Fantrax) that we will use yet. If you guys have any preference, let me know.

Please post your "skill" level and how long you've been playing fantasy hockey if you are interested.

Last edited:

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
Placeholder for roster list, settings, etc.

1. rangerssharks414 (running both leagues, x2)
2. Pinkfloyd
3. Kcoyote3
4. SwolePatrol
5. wishman
6. drunksage
7. EvilMorty
8. Bizz
9. 209
10. glasgow26
11. nerdybeard
12. SactoShark
13. SharksFan1
14. Alaskanice
15. SJSharksfan39
16. BigDmitriy
17. Sharks7
18. TheUndertow40Six2
19. hohosaregood
20. HydroF
21. Wedontneedroads

10 team league
https://hockey.fantasysports.yahoo....on?key=b5eb7b04c4e760f6&ikey=bc99a4203cf57c6d

12 team league
https://hockey.fantasysports.yahoo....on?key=723e8dc3155077f9&ikey=d049866609a25d4c

Last edited:

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
I'm down. I won the third group in the failed experiment last year so I'm not sure if I should go up or down from the bottom league last year. haha

67 others

Jul 30, 2010
Moose country
I have played Fantasy Hockey for years(Since you are asking about experience level)

I currently play in one 14 team keep 5 league on that has been running 10 years on Yahoo, A one year 12 man league at my workplace(running 3 years now) on yahoo and a tiered 12 man league using ESPN on Hockeyforums.net

The Hockeyforums one is more beginner level and points based(0.10 points per FOW) that sort of thing, while the other two are Roto individual category based.

May I ask the format and categories you generally use?

I prefer roto individual categories and yahoo to ESPN and cumulative points based.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
May I ask the format and categories you generally use?

I prefer roto individual categories and yahoo to ESPN and cumulative points based.

For the past few seasons, it has been:

Category H2H with goals, assists, plus/minus, penalty minutes, power play points, shots on goal, hits, blocked shots, faceoffs won, wins, goals against average, save percentage and shutouts.

67 others

Jul 30, 2010
Moose country
For the past few seasons, it has been:

Category H2H with goals, assists, plus/minus, penalty minutes, power play points, shots on goal, hits, blocked shots, faceoffs won, wins, goals against average, save percentage and shutouts.

Ok, so 9 skater categories and 4 goalie categories. Most skater categories not lottery categories and controllable. Its a good multicat environment and goalies with 30% of categories balances them nicely.

If it is yahoo, I am interested. ESPN is horrid with dual eligibility positions and starts handing them out like candy midseason, but nerfs everyone preseason( I.E Pavelski is a C because he was drafted as C and you cannot put him on wing till 2 months in)

Edit: May I also ask what positions you use? Like C, C, LW, LW, RW, RW, D, D, D, D, Util, G, G, BN, BN, BN, IR, IR+

Assuming draft time is a reasonable day and time for me since I am on Atlantic time LOL. Sharks games start at 11:30PM for me every night

Last edited:

wishman

Jan 20, 2007
In. Have been playing in leagues for many, many years including HFBoards leagues. Usually finish towards the top.

Evil Janney

Jul 12, 2004
I'm down.

Haven't tried ESPN, been accustomed to Yahoo for a while.

Been playing for 4-5 years now (maybe longer?).

D-1 preferably.

(formerly known as 'Janney')

Last edited:

Mar 12, 2008
SF Bay Area
umm yeah i am in. Last year, my team sucked the wazoo. As one of the commissioners, i say Yahoo

nerdybeard

Oct 1, 2011
Oakland, CA
I'm 100% interested - Fantrax was awful and I'm excited to either to back to Yahoo (been playing on Yahoo since 2010) or something else. Nothing can be as bad as Fantrax was.

I think D2 for me would be about right, I've finished top 3 in most leagues since 2010 with a couple where I sucked it up and was bottom 3. Yahoo's "overall performance" has me pretty far into the All Star side.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
Ok, so 9 skater categories and 4 goalie categories. Most skater categories not lottery categories and controllable. Its a good multicat environment and goalies with 30% of categories balances them nicely.

If it is yahoo, I am interested. ESPN is horrid with dual eligibility positions and starts handing them out like candy midseason, but nerfs everyone preseason( I.E Pavelski is a C because he was drafted as C and you cannot put him on wing till 2 months in)

Edit: May I also ask what positions you use? Like C, C, LW, LW, RW, RW, D, D, D, D, Util, G, G, BN, BN, BN, IR, IR+

Assuming draft time is a reasonable day and time for me since I am on Atlantic time LOL. Sharks games start at 11:30PM for me every night

I think it was 3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 4 D, 2 G, 5 BN and 3 IR.

Drafts are usually on the weekend.

SactoShark

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
May 1, 2009
Sacramento
Count me in for D1 please.

I'm open to anything. I like ESPN and was glad we tried Fantrax last season, but if errybody wants Yahoo again, fine by me. I'll beat them there again. :snide: :sarcasm:

Alaskanice

Sep 23, 2009
1 1/2 hours away
I'm in for the upcoming season. I've played 4 or 5 years now. I like to be in the lowest bracket as I tend to wind up dead center every time. Ivote to return to Yahoo because it's what I'm comfortable with.
Thank you

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
I'll play if there is room. Just saw this thread.

I've been in division 3 the last few years and consider myself a decent fantasy hockey player. I wish I knew how to make better trades though.

Sharks7

Jan 14, 2006
I'm Definitely in again, like every year. Fantrax was okay.. but I will just have to blame Fantrax on my 4th place showing in D1
Would prefer D1 so I can take over the world and regain the Championship! , but anything is fine.

Anything other than yahoo will be new to me again.

ThePlanet

Aug 13, 2008
San Jose
I'm down to utilize my "free time" in this manner.

Edit - I'll go with intermediate skill level. This would be my fifth season playing fantasy league.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad