2017-18 EFL Carabao Cup

phisherman

Apr 17, 2015
I'd argue it was market value, specifically because Chelsea set the market. Liverpool were under no obligation to match, but they obviously wanted the player so they did. AOC has been with LFC less than a month, and according to Klopp has been nursing an injury as well. Too early to write him off, despite what the blatant trolling on here suggests. All prices are too high now. AOC has not been giving the chance to show his best yet. As bad as his second half was, he was one of their best players in the first half; which people are choosing to ignore.

Ox injured? Never!!!

I don't see how Klopp's pressing system will do him any good considering his injury history.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Ox injured? Never!!!

I don't see how Klopp's pressing system will do him any good considering his injury history.

I don't think Klopp would have sanctioned the move if he thought it was an issue. That being said, it remains to be seen.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
All over a player they supposedly didn't rate or want anyway.

I don't think that's true. I think almost everyone wanted to keep him. Kroenke couldn't really afford to let Ox, Ozil and Alexis all walk away without compensation. They offered him 180k per week, only behind Alexis and Ozil - so the club obviously wanted to keep him as well.

Still, I don't expect him to continue to be this bad, unless the injuries accumulate and he fails to get into match fitness. This is pretty much what happened in 2015-16.

I liked the player when he was here - definitely one of the fan favorites. But it is nice seeing a bit of schadenfreude since his move there. Anything to deflect from the miserable season Arsenal are currently having. :D

Adonis Creed

King of the East
Apr 13, 2015
Never liked or rated him. Never produced anything except cross into 10th row after burning 3 defenders.

8 years in the league...been garbage for 7 years

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Never liked or rated him. Never produced anything except cross into 10th row after burning 3 defenders.

You actually did and I collected a lot of posts that showed it before deciding not to post them. Now they're gone because the forum is moving to a different server.

So lucky you.

Adonis Creed

King of the East
Apr 13, 2015
You actually did and I collected a lot of posts that showed it before deciding not to post them. Now they're gone because the forum is moving to a different server.

So lucky you.

He was good at RWB...suck as a winger.
But Reiss Nelson-Bellerin-Iwobi-Walcoot could play RWB for all I care as long as they can run

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Ox is similar to Barkley. Both are fine as a utility/rotation player, but neither should be relied upon for big/significant minutes at a big club. Both have high quality physical attributes, but bad end products.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Ox is similar to Barkley. Both are fine as a utility/rotation player, but neither should be relied upon for big/significant minutes at a big club. Both have high quality physical attributes, but bad end products.

If he sticks to one position (RWB/RB), I can't see why he can't have a Glen Johnson type of career. 50+ England caps, played and started for 2 big clubs

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
It lasted the entire last season.

There were Spurs fans on here looking at goals totals to prove Alli was just as good if not better of a CM. Good times.

The Arsenal fanbase bitterness seems to have entirely focused on Liverpool, which is fun to watch as a neutral.

Alli scored 18 league goals last year.

Gerrard, Scholes, Giggs haven't scored that many in an entire League season.

I'm pretty sure he only trailed Lampard, who scored 22 with Chelsea in their famous 1st season with Ancelotti.

He also only scored 1 penalty goal that year. Lampard scored 10 that year with Chelsea.

He is the best scoring mid in EPL history.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Except Alli doesn't play mid, unless you are including attacking midfielders/secondary strikers. Just look at his heatmaps...he spends more time in the opposition box than he does in his own half in most games.

He's become overrated tbh. Pogba is miles a better player, and more talented.

phisherman

Apr 17, 2015
Alli scored 18 league goals last year.

Gerrard, Scholes, Giggs haven't scored that many in an entire League season.

I'm pretty sure he only trailed Lampard, who scored 22 with Chelsea in their famous 1st season with Ancelotti.

He also only scored 1 penalty goal that year. Lampard scored 10 that year with Chelsea.

He is the best scoring mid in EPL history.

Yaya Toure scored 20 goals in 2013/2014. And tough to use Giggs and Scholes when comparing because they played in a 4-4-2 system.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Except Alli doesn't play mid, unless you are including attacking midfielders/secondary strikers. Just look at his heatmaps...he spends more time in the opposition box than he does in his own half in most games.

Yaya Toure scored 20 goals in 2013/2014. And tough to use Giggs and Scholes when comparing because they played in a 4-4-2 system.

Toure scored 6 goals on penalty, so he's still higher on non-penalty goals. But fair points. Don't disagree with Pogba >> Alli either.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
Yeah, it was comical watching the Spurs/Swansea match last week. Alli was planted in the box and Aldeweireld and Vertonghen were essentially playing attacking midfield roles at the edge of the box.

He's not close to a conventional CM.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011

Exactly.

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
I wouldn't have said that Pogba was better until his fantastic start to this season, but now I agree. Hardly "miles" better though IMO.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Pogba is just being better utilized to his strengths, Matic is a major reason for that.

And Pogba has always been better than Alli.

Adonis Creed

King of the East
Apr 13, 2015
Pogba is just being better utilized to his strengths, Matic is a major reason for that.

And Pogba has always been better than Alli.

Well United has conceded the 2nd most scorings chances in EPL and they played **** teams so far...

Wait until they faced better squad..

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Well United has conceded the 2nd most scorings chances in EPL and they played **** teams so far...

Wait until they faced better squad..

United has De Gea and firepower up front. They can take those risk if they are going to score 3/4 goals a game.

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
Comparing Alli's goal scoring numbers to Lampard, Scholes, and Gerrard is silly because Alli essentially plays as a CF. Compare his numbers to Rooney, if you need to compare with anyone.

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Finally Martial and Rashford on at the same time. I want to see more of that this year. Although ideally it would be Rashford and Martial flanking Lukaku instead of just Rashford at striker and Martial on the wing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad