Injury Report: 2017/18 Puck off the Foot Report (Upshall out indefinitely)

Celtic Note

Living the dream
Dec 22, 2006
So that is 19 games by my count, 11 of which could be important or versus a quality team.

TruBlu

Feb 7, 2016
The big question is how it affects Schenn' s performance. Losing Schwartz is one thing, but if Schenn's numbers drop we could see ourselves drop to wild card in 6 weeks. TANK has to step up now. If there ever was a time, this is it.

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
Sucks to lose Schwartz but at least he'll be back for the final stretch and playoff run. Schwartz is a great player, but he's a 60-game a year guy which is going to cost him on his next contract...even if he does keep putting up similar point-per-game figures as Tarasenko. I just hope he and Schenn can recapture their chemistry when Jaden does come back in 5-6 weeks.

Linkens Mastery

Conductor of the TankTown Express
Jan 15, 2014
Hyrule
Hopefully Steen can turn his game up. And with his I kinda think we need to put Schenn and Tarasenko together.

Steen-Schenn-Tarasenko
Sobotka-Stastny-Berglund?
PRV-Barbashev-Jaskin/Blais
Upshall-Brodziak-Jaskin/Thorburn/Sunqvist

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017
Hopefully Steen can turn his game up. And with his I kinda think we need to put Schenn and Tarasenko together.

Steen-Schenn-Tarasenko
Sobotka-Stastny-Berglund?
PRV-Barbashev-Jaskin/Blais
Upshall-Brodziak-Jaskin/Thorburn/Sunqvist

I also hope they put Schenn and Tarasenko together. But not sure about Bergie on the 2nd line, anyone else think a Thompson call-up is coming?

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
could be worse. he should be back around late jan hopefully

if allen picks up his game, they can continue to play well even with this loss.

ZigZagBluesFan

Sep 30, 2010
Does it suck not to have Schwartz for 6 weeks? Absolutely. The team won't be the same without him.

But, this is definitely a playoff team. As has been the case with this team the past two seasons, just get to the finish line healthy and we can make a deep run when the games really matter.

Maybe I'm being too optimistic, but I think this will create an environment where some of our other players realize they need to step up. Somebody will. Tarasenko, Sobotka, Steen, and Berglund all come to mind.

Reactions: stl76

Evocable Manager

Apr 20, 2016
St. Louis
The big question is how it affects Schenn' s performance. Losing Schwartz is one thing, but if Schenn's numbers drop we could see ourselves drop to wild card in 6 weeks. TANK has to step up now. If there ever was a time, this is it.
The name change is almost a guarantee Schenn will start to suck.

I didn't think about that aspect when I pressed confirm.

My bad boys.

The Note in MI

Bow to the pyramid
Aug 21, 2013
Muskegon, MI
Petro listed as day to day. Wonder if Schmaltz gets called up if he hits the IR.

Would depend on Bortuzzos availability. Which without having heard if Schmaltz has been called up, I suspect he’s good to go. Schmaltz is in San Antonio game last night ended around 10 pm central. I would love to see him step in though he’s looked dynamic and confident in San Antonio just carrying that top pairing with butler.

PiggySmalls

Oink Oink MF
Mar 7, 2015
Yeah I would like to see Schmaltz get another crack with the big club. He really disappointed me last season with his play but looks alot better this year in the A.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad