Injury Report: 2017/18 Puck off the Foot Report (Upshall out indefinitely)

PiggySmalls

Oink Oink MF
Mar 7, 2015
This situation seems oddly familiar...

Good move. They waited too long to do his right shoulder and they saw how much of an impact that made. Go ahead and get it out of the way.

Not going to get too bad with Sobie and Barbashev able to fill that role.

Oberyn

Prince of Dorne
Mar 27, 2011
Wasn't his last shoulder injury also from offseason training? What kind of regiment is this guy on

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
I'm happy for this. No more Berglund and Barbashev will take his spot. Next thing is Army dump that joker Bertta away from Blues. Thank you.

:bb:

He is expected to be sidelined until December

:bb:

Evocable Manager

Apr 20, 2016
St. Louis
If we're looking at the positive, at least he's training hard, right?

I like Berglund even though I've suggested trading him. Sucks to lose him until December, he's still a big part of our top 9 and defensive/possession game.

BangarangxRufio

I Blues'd Myself
Nov 29, 2016
STL
Ah looks like he re-aggravated it during offseason training.

I was able to get a clip of his training ...
giphy.gif

Ranksu

Crotch Academy ftw
Sponsor
Apr 28, 2014
Lapland
If we're looking at the positive, at least he's training hard, right?

I like Berglund even though I've suggested trading him. Sucks to lose him until December, he's still a big part of our top 9 and defensive/possession game.

I'm totally fine him beeing popcorn guy and heal his shoulders. Bigger % him playing better those less games then play 82 GP and be ghost town 60% of time.

I would be pleased him sitting as a popcorn guy 90% of season, come back let say around mid March.

Then he can florish post-season or just humour guys in dressing room. This team doesn't fall with or without him.

Mar 6, 2012
I was annoyed at first that they waited so long to operate... and then I actually read the story. (he just hurt it this summer)

Meh. I mean, this isn't great news, but whatever. We'll get a better look at some kids.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
Is it the same shoulder or did he tear the silly putty ass tendons in his other shoulder

BangarangxRufio

I Blues'd Myself
Nov 29, 2016
STL
I was annoyed at first that they waited so long to operate... and then I actually read the story. (he just hurt it this summer)

Meh. I mean, this isn't great news, but whatever. We'll get a better look at some kids.

PLUS... now we don't have to look for trades or anything because it'll be like we traded for Bergie in December:sarcasm:.

SirPaste

Jun 30, 2010
STL
At least it's not the same shoulder, and with him on LTIR it should put us at just over $14m of cap space

Alklha

Sep 7, 2011
LTIR? Any cap relief possible...ala the Hawks' maneuver three years ago?

Yeah, LTIR gives us the cap relief but it doesn't really change anything. We would need to be cap compliant when he returned, so it isn't like we have extra space to sign someone.

I think what it makes clear is that we will probably be looking to spend our remaining cap space on a RW.

2 Minute Minor

Hi Keeba!
Jun 3, 2008
Temple, Texas
I think this is the other shoulder. Seems like his genetic anatomy gave him shoulders that are prone to dislocating. He'll probably have the same surgery done to make it much more difficult for the shoulder to dislocate again. If he comes back like he did last time, I think he'll be strong enough to make a difference by playoff time.

THIS is why you stockpile 3Cs!

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
lol ugh. Even more reason we need to shop this guy hard next summer. He will need to be moved.

Our top 9 should still be fine. Schwartz, Schenn, Tarasenko, Steen, Stastny, Fabbri, Sobotka, Barbashev and a FA... solid. We won't really miss Berglund much.

And suddenly our forward group can skate too.

Oberyn

Prince of Dorne
Mar 27, 2011
lol ugh. Even more reason we need to shop this guy hard next summer. He will need to be moved.

Our top 9 should still be fine. Schwartz, Schenn, Tarasenko, Steen, Stastny, Fabbri, Sobotka, Barbashev and a FA... solid. We won't really miss Berglund much.

And suddenly our forward group can skate too.

Seeing our top 9 without Lehtera brings a tear to my eye.

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
Berglund injuring his other shoulder is borderline comical at this point. This had better be the last time :facepalm:. Hope he takes his time for a full recovery and doesn't rush back. The Blues will be alright without him, and hopefully he will be rested and ready for a long playoff run.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad