2017-18 Champions Hockey League

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
Can you tell something more to us, non-czech speaking users? ;)

Of course.

As you know it was isport.cz who interviewed Mr. Schon (CEO of Mountfield), where he criticed the CHL. Swedish and Finnish journalists published the interview in Finnish/Swedish media. The same czech website, isport.cz, reports that Martin Baumann (CEO CHL) emailed to Mr.Ã…ËœeznÃ*ÄÂek (Director of Czech league) with an request to fine Mountfield Hockey Club for breaching an agreement between CHL and National Leagues/Federations. You know, bad imagine of the CHL in media. According to isport.cz the threat of a fine/sanction is real if Infront requests from the CHL to pay a fine, then the CHL will request from Czech side to pay the bill. Mr. Schon said that Czech league (their organ called APK) had no right to act on behalf of Mountfield HK (to approve a participation of the club in the CHL), because Mountfield GM, who attended the meeting of the APK when the CHL thing was discussed, had no right to act on behalf of Mountfield on CHL issue. Legal issue. Zlin, Kometa Brno and Chomutov criticised the CHL in the past.

Jablkon

May 23, 2014
Czech Republic
Here I agree that that Baumann guy is too agressive and pretends he is more powerfull than he really is. He should let this statement to fans consideration.

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
If they have an agreement not to ciriticise the CHL in media, then there must be more clubs who dislike the CHL´s development, but can not speak about it. My question is how can this end? Only three scenarios are possible, 1) the league will break up, or 2) the development will not be as good/fast as wanted, because not all clubs are on the same boat, or 3) the CHL leadership is so powerfull that will force all clubs to be on the same boat.

Jablkon

May 23, 2014
Czech Republic
If they have an agreement not to ciriticise the CHL in media, then there must be more clubs who dislike the CHL´s development, but can not speak about it. My question is how can this end? Only three scenarios are possible, 1) the league will break up, or 2) the development will not be as good/fast as wanted, because not all clubs are on the same boat, or 3) the CHL leadership is so powerfull that will force all clubs to be on the same boat.

They dont have any specific agreement for purpose you mentioned. They probably have some shareholder contract or general treaty establishing CHL. For sure right to claim this potential damage might come from these contracts.

None of the scenario is valid. CHL does not have to be so powerfull. They can just try to suit Czech association of professional clubs (APK) as a CHL sharholder and if they win, its pretty much set up for the future.

The most probable scenario is that there will be meeting of APK where they have to find out and confirm one general attitude towards CHL.

To be honest, that MHK CEO statement was not only non-diplomatic but also kind of stupid and made all czechs look like rednecks again.

Hradec Kralove obviously approved CHL project on APK meeting. Fact that MHK CEO is looking for excuses now in a way that MHK representative wasnt entitled to vote in this specific topic just shows how weak arguments he has. I would assume that when you have concerns about validity of Company/organization meeting, there is ussually time period within you can claim any breaches of the law.If you dont do it, it is considered as a valid. He obviously didnt do it so he should rather be silent than to promote his own person in a media one or two years later.

Good think is that this litle argue made clubs to sit together and finally find some conclusion on it.

Reznicek (extraleague CEO) was very realistic about this issue. He basically said that everybody looking at us with open mouth and that we, rather than to bring quality on ice, just looking for some problems. I can assign his final sentence : "others do it better than us and have better results, so this confrontation is definetely valuable for us". This the basis all czech clubs should consider imo.

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
They dont have any specific agreement for purpose you mentioned. They probably have some shareholder contract or general treaty establishing CHL. For sure right to claim this potential damage might come from these contracts.
That is what I said.

None of the scenario is valid. CHL does not have to be so powerfull. They can just try to suit Czech association of professional clubs (APK) as a CHL sharholder and if they win, its pretty much set up for the future.
And if they lose?

And if they win ... there will be a bad blood between the CHL & clubs (not all clubs of course).

The most probable scenario is that there will be meeting of APK where they have to find out and confirm one general attitude towards CHL.

To be honest, that MHK CEO statement was not only non-diplomatic but also kind of stupid and made all czechs look like rednecks again.

Hradec Kralove obviously approved CHL project on APK meeting. Fact that MHK CEO is looking for excuses now in a way that MHK representative wasnt entitled to vote in this specific topic just shows how weak arguments he has. I would assume that when you have concerns about validity of Company/organization meeting, there is ussually time period within you can claim any breaches of the law.If you dont do it, it is considered as a valid. He obviously didnt do it so he should rather be silent than to promote his own person in a media one or two years later.

Good think is that this litle argue made clubs to sit together and finally find some conclusion on it.

Reznicek (extraleague CEO) was very realistic about this issue. He basically said that everybody looking at us with open mouth and that we, rather than to bring quality on ice, just looking for some problems. I can assign his final sentence : "others do it better than us and have better results, so this confrontation is definetely valuable for us". This the basis all czech clubs should consider imo.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House

That is actually standard practice around the world. NHL, Liiga, KHL, EPL for example are fairly strict about public criticism of the leagues (refs and other things).

Jablkon

May 23, 2014
Czech Republic
vorky;135971959[B said:
]That is what I said[/B].

And if they lose?

And if they win ... there will be a bad blood between the CHL & clubs (not all clubs of course).

You said "if they have agreement not to critize CHL, then there must be more clubs...." And this is completely different meaning again. First of all, as Jussi said, its pretty standard, second smth like this is in almost every contract, third it can also easily come from law by which CHL is established. So its not certain that such a clause, if exists, was put there because they counted with clubs criticizing them.

You obviously understand that situation where shareholder is bashing its own company is not normal and such a entity might breach many rules according to respective business law. MHK is not a shareholder, rather the member of shareholder so it depends on respective law whether such a shareholder or its member are responsible for such behaviour, if such behaviour breaches any rule.

But it definetely does not automatically mean that they wanted to force clubs into CHL and make them be silent about it just because they knew there will be a lot of clubs hating them or not willing to participate.

You would obviously like to see such a situation but you dont have any evidence for it.

Nobody read these documents and CHL lawyers will probably have to study it as well. This also often depends on respective lawyer what kind of draft he choose and what clauses he put there and if such a clauses are even valid. But again many contracts have notorious clauses which does not reflect reality but just tiny possibility.

So far it even looks that MHK approved CHL conditions. Same can easily go for Zlin. I dont know what are rules for voting in APK. But even if they were against the majority, they should respect its decision.

Sorry I agree there will be bad blood, I just can not agree with some of your posts where you interpret situation in a way you would prefer to see it, even if nobody can be certain about it here.

Last edited:

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
You said "if they have agreement not to critize CHL, then there must be more clubs...." And this is completely different meaning again. First of all, as Jussi said, its pretty standard, second smth like this is in almost every contract, third it can also easily come from law by which CHL is established. So its not certain that such a clause, if exists, was put there because they counted with clubs criticizing them.

You obviously understand that situation where shareholder is bashing its own company is not normal and such a entity might breach many rules according to respective business law. MHK is not a shareholder, rather the member of shareholder so it depends on respective law whether such a shareholder or its member are responsible for such behaviour, if such behaviour breaches any rule.

But it definetely does not automatically mean that they wanted to force clubs into CHL and make them be silent about it just because they knew there will be a lot of clubs hating them or not willing to participate.

You would obviously like to see such a situation but you dont have any evidence for it.

Nobody read these documents and CHL lawyers will probably have to study it as well. This also often depends on respective lawyer what kind of draft he choose and what clauses he put there and if such a clauses are even valid. But again many contracts have notorious clauses which does not reflect reality but just tiny possibility.

So far it even looks that MHK approved CHL conditions. Same can easily go for Zlin. I dont know what are rules for voting in APK. But even if they were against the majority, they should respect its decision.
There is a reason why I wrote "That is what I said"

Sorry I agree there will be bad blood, I just can not agree with some of your posts where you interpret situation in a way you would prefer to see it, even if nobody can be certain about it here.
It is fine if you do not agree. I would welcome your scenarios of the situation.

ForumNamePending

Mar 31, 2012
If an owner or management of an NHL team came out and was publicly critical of... I dunno... Let's say the way the league handles revenue sharing, that individual/team would be hearing from NHL HQ in very short order.

I guess it's somewhat note worthy that a club involved in the CHL doesn't hold the tournament in particularly high regard, but even then I think most people already know the CHL has a lot of work to do before it is broadly accepted as a "big deal" in European hockey circles.

So ya, I'm not seeing a whole ton of scandal here.:dunno:

Jablkon

May 23, 2014
Czech Republic
There is a reason why I wrote "That is what I said"

It is fine if you do not agree. I would welcome your scenarios of the situation.

You said one of many possibilities which you would like to see as truthful. However there are several scenarios what could happen:

1. they knew there were clubs with CHL issues so they put some clause into shareholders treaty;

2. they didnt know that or didnt consider it and lawyer preparing the draft put such a clause into the contract as its a normal process in drafting these contracts (to prevent such a situation)

3. Its not even in contract and this right to claim damages is comming from law by which CHL is established

4. Even if its there it does not cover situation where club, ie. not a direct shareholder, is critizing CHL.

5. They put such a clause into contract despite there was no sign of any club having an issue with CHL in a time they signed shareholder contract.¨

and I might continue. I understand, based on your history here, you are pro KHL guy who is not that much in favour of CHL. Thus you add some plus points to KHL here and there and give some cons to CHL. But this should have some limits. This is a legal issue which nobody knows anything about and politicis and play the role in it.

So dont make a picture just on speculations.

Reactions: Jussi

Kiev the Great

Aug 21, 2014
Nottingham outplayed in pretty much every department and 2nd in pretty much every stat except the only one that counts. Absolutely ecstatic. Bring on the last 16!

chokei

Dec 31, 2011
Zürich
Brits are no joke here !!

Swiss are a joke now. What a shame. :facepalm:

It is a bit sad but I wouldn't worry too much about it. For me this is a reputation only tournament. It's nice when you do well but you don't lose much when you don't. Most top-teams focus on their domestic leagues and the money involved in the CHL is still too little to change that.

That said, it's nice to see that British or Austrian teams are able to beat teams from other leagues with a good effort. I am not so sure though what this says about the CHL.

Slimmy

Jan 3, 2009
GBG
It says that teams can't half ass through the tournament if they want success. It's hard work and determination, just like in the domestic league. The Britts have shown that hard work and some skill can take you far. Their opponents underestimated them and fell face first.

torero

Oct 5, 2007
West Sussex
www.scb.ch
It is a bit sad but I wouldn't worry too much about it. For me this is a reputation only tournament. It's nice when you do well but you don't lose much when you don't. Most top-teams focus on their domestic leagues and the money involved in the CHL is still too little to change that.

That said, it's nice to see that British or Austrian teams are able to beat teams from other leagues with a good effort. I am not so sure though what this says about the CHL.

I am definitely impressed by the Brits. They did play well !! and while you could argue that beating SCB and Zug was a surprise, Vaxjo and TPS is a confirmation. And on both sides. So hard work and good job.

As per the Swiss teams ... i am not too worried. We hardcore fans, want them to win ... but it is not important. Money is small and they don't want to have injured players. Last year, this is why the stopped playing well when it became too physical. The focus is the national league ... of course. Still ... it gets on my nerves. ;-)

lakers11

Aug 23, 2014
Växjö had nothing to play for and sent a team without the first line and a bunch of juniors. Still, our pride was at stake and plenty of fans were pissed yesterday as it felt like they embarrassed us.

And they did

Kiev the Great

Aug 21, 2014
Good result for a Mountfield HK team that 'didn't care' about the CHL.

Either way Panthers now get top spot and 2nd leg at home. Just been looking at potential opponents and there are plenty of cheap flights out to Prague, wouldn't mind another trip to the Czech Republic.

Jablkon

May 23, 2014
Czech Republic
I am more and more pissed about that MHK ceo statement. It obviously damaged CHL reputation and its credibility. Right now you dont really know which club is trying. And when swiss clubs dont care, then dont f***ing establish the league next time idiots, and that counts for all the clubs.If it ceases they will find out what they loose. It has a potential to be best hockey in Europe. I am not interested in most of the matches anymore. Tired to check whether dear stars from Bern are really playing or not. This is all up to clubs. Screw it if you want.... btw there was still 2500 fans in Hradec Kralove despite they know MHK didnt give a shit. But obviously fans are not interested. What a joke...

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
I am more and more pissed about that MHK ceo statement. It obviously damaged CHL reputation and its credibility. Right now you dont really know which club is trying. And when swiss clubs dont care, then dont ****ing establish the league next time idiots, and that counts for all the clubs.If it ceases they will find out what they loose. It has a potential to be best hockey in Europe. I am not interested in most of the matches anymore. Tired to check whether dear stars from Bern are really playing or not. This is all up to clubs. Screw it if you want.... btw there was still 2500 fans in Hradec Kralove despite they know MHK didnt give a ****. But obviously fans are not interested. What a joke...
That is what I have been saying all the time ..... are all clubs on the same boat? If not, is the CHL leadership strong enough to persuade (more diplomatic word than force) all the clubs to develop the CHL? Etc etc ...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->