Celtics/NBA 2018 Celtics/NBA offseason - LeBron James to Boston? Superstar will reportedly speak with Celtics

Status
Not open for further replies.

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
Replying to a post left by Wrigley in the old thread.

I know that Millsap was a Free Agent but I would not have wanted Ainge to tie up over $ 90 million ( Denver signed him to a 3 year deal worth $90.15 million ) in him for the next 3 seasons. Look - we may disagree about how Ainge built this current team but at least we're cheering for the same team.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Great sports radio argument on WEEI on ride home between Keefe & Holley on Celtics trade

Keefe just schooled Holley

Holley clearly hates the deal but would not say it no matter how much Keefe went on him

Holley took being defensive to a new level and I know something about that

Hilarious stuff

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
Replying to a post left by Wrigley in the old thread.

I know that Millsap was a Free Agent but I would not have wanted Ainge to tie up over $ 90 million ( Denver signed him to a 3 year deal worth $90.15 million ) in him for the next 3 seasons. Look - we may disagree about how Ainge built this current team but at least we're cheering for the same team.

Literally no way they could have fit George, Millsap, and Butler in, and not get rid of any roster pieces. Not sure what the hell Wrigley is talking about.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
Great sports radio argument on WEEI on ride home between Keefe & Holley on Celtics trade

Keefe just schooled Holley

Holley clearly hates the deal but would not say it no matter how much Keefe went on him

Holley took being defensive to a new level and I know something about that

Hilarious stuff

Holley's been forced to talk about it since it broke during BST

ashnathan

Apr 22, 2014
Australia
For those asking who leaked the Horford/Thompson thing on Twitter its 'Robot Dave' and he leaked the Kyrie stuff early so as unlikely as it sounds I guess we have to at least look at it. Just can';t see how salaries would work though.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Awful news about Crowder's mom passing away the day of the trade. My heart goes out to him.

Mr Cartmenez

May 15, 2009
Mannheim
This is BS. The price of the deal for Cavs is BKN pick. Anything else is just sweeting the pot. What other team is going to give them SO MUCH value? Afterall they also received Crowder and another 1st roound pick in Zizic.

But yes, I wouldn't be surprised if IT is all but done.

Plus the health thing was already calculated in the trade I think. If Cavs had a guarantee IT would play the full season, they wouldn't be getting the BKN pic, Crowder and Zizic. Zero chance.

I also wonder why Danny would already talk about Kyrie when the trade was at risk of getting voided. The IT-part wa clear from the beginningl, so he obviously wasn't scared of IT's physical in Cleveland.

Last edited:

riverhawkey91

May 22, 2011
Lowell, MA
Yeah that's surprising to hear; I thought part of the reason they were getting so much in the deal was because they were already factoring in Isaiah's hip issue. They definitely don't get that much if he's healthy, so I'm surprised this is suddenly becoming a thing.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Such BS from the Cavs. Everybody knows his hip is in rough shape and that he may miss part of the regular season

I blame lebron

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Such BS from the Cavs. Everybody knows his hip is in rough shape and that he may miss part of the regular season

I blame lebron

Cleveland Clinic is as good as any hospital here - the reality is the hip might be worse than we knew.

Maybe the Cavs have another trade partner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->