Celtics/NBA 2018 Celtics/NBA offseason - LeBron James to Boston? Superstar will reportedly speak with Celtics

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
There is defenitely some bad blood between some of the C’s and Crowder.

Aside from any hostility from last year I wonder if they think he caused Hayward’s injury?

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Yes i have eyes, but how does that dr know its a dislocation and in good faith put a time on anything?

They said on the broadcast that Heyward was still in the building and that they reset his foot on the court before moving him, and that he hadn't been moved to the hospital yet. That tells me they're relatively sure what the injury is. Now it just comes down to how much damage was done, which is where you get the short and longer estimations for how long he'll be out.

Reactions: Alicat

Mancini0518

Jan 26, 2008
MA
They said on the broadcast that Heyward was still in the building and that they reset his foot on the court before moving him, and that he hadn't been moved to the hospital yet. That tells me they're relatively sure what the injury is. Now it just comes down to how much damage was done, which is where you get the short and longer estimations for how long he'll be out.

I get that i'm taking issue to the Drs on Twitter throwing out diagnoses (like the one posted above) when they just saw the injury on tv. They don't have any clue what the extent of the damage or lack there of to ligaments, tendons etc.

N o o d l e s

Jul 17, 2010
South Shore
They were always gonna lose that game after Hayward went out so I’m glad to see some fight and the fact they almost pulled this one out.

Bodes well for the rest of the season

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
That's good news but as I found out 6 months ago ankle breaks are not fun
Brad Stevens said he fractured his tibia. (Shin bone)

If that’s the case, he’s not coming back this season.

He’s going straight to the Baptist when he gets home so we’ll know more tomorrow.

This sucks

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
Brad Stevens said he fractured his tibia. (Shin bone)

If that’s the case, he’s not coming back this season.

He’s going straight to the Baptist when he gets home so we’ll know more tomorrow.

This sucks

I snapped my tibia and was running again in 4 months. Yes it's not NBA level athletics, but that is not a definite season ender.

ashnathan

Apr 22, 2014
Australia
Will just say, my heart broke the minute he hit the floor and I heard the loud pop. I have had the exact same injury, my leg actually looked like his when it happened and it looks a lot worse than it is, and the fact they could get it in place on the floor that fast bodes well, and the word of it not having any damaged ligaments is even better.

Something definitely going on with Crowder and the Cs, more so with Horford.

Cant be upset with the result, being own that far and overcoming the mental block of the Hayward injury and the mixed up combos, poor shooting and bad decisions in the final minutes lost this game, oh and lets not forget Lebron's massive travel in the dying minutes. I liked the attack of Jaylen but he needs to tone it down a bit, some easy buckets were missed because he was trying to show it off, just take the points an you dont need to go for the big 3 when you're up a couple points with 2 mins to go, take the easy buckets.

Quick turn around, hope for the W tomorrow, this team is only gonna get better the more they play together and Tatum/Brown will only get better too, exciting season ahead

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
I wouldn't get my hopes up for a return this year. Pray for a full recovery and a return same time next year.
Jaylan Brown stepping up.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
So has there been any talk of how this happened? I can't watch the replay again because stuff like that really skeeves me. During the broadcast, they alluded to the heat between the Celts and Crowder and suggested they may have thought he caused the injury to Heyward, but never mentioned it again. Has anyone gone back and re-watched to see what actually happened and caused the break?

BruinsPortugal

Dec 3, 2009
Portugal
Speachless. I was so excited for the season, cant imagine how Gordon is feeling.

If its a clean fracture its all about how he's body will react, lets hope for a speedy recovery in time to contribute this season.

NCBruinsfan

Oct 21, 2016
FromSomersetMa
So has there been any talk of how this happened? I can't watch the replay again because stuff like that really skeeves me. During the broadcast, they alluded to the heat between the Celts and Crowder and suggested they may have thought he caused the injury to Heyward, but never mentioned it again. Has anyone gone back and re-watched to see what actually happened and caused the break?
Crowder was covering him, but he didn't do anything to Hurt Gordon from what I saw.

Hayward just came down with his leg trapped awkwardly underneath him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad