Foligno.jpg

Reactions: JohnnyJacket13

JohnnyJacket13

(formerly PD9)
Sponsor
Jan 14, 2015
Columbus
Was talking about the one from Vancouver

That would make even less sense. Why would we do that? Markus Granlund honestly has no place in our lineup.

I'm assuming you meant Atkinson on line 1, where you have Foligno?

Another center is necessary, unless we think Foligno can handle a full season there. I'm not sure he can, but we'll see.

Oops my b. Updated my post haha

Privet

Sep 25, 2015
Victoria, BC
Potential Line up

SEASON OPENER (NO TRADES)

Panarin-Wennberg-Atkinson
Dubois-Dubinsky-Bjorkstrand
Jenner-Foligno-Anderson
Calvert-Sedlak-Milano

Werenski-Jones
Johnson-Savard
Murray - Nutivara

Bob
Korpi

TRADE FOR DUCHENE EARLY IN THE SEASON

Dubois-Duchene-Bjorkstrand
Jenner-Dubinsky-Milano
Calvert-Foligno-Dalpe

Werenski-Jones
Johnson-Savard
Carlsson- Nutivara

Bob
Korpi

POTENTIAL LINE UP TRADE DEADLINE

Neal -Duchene-Bjorkstrand
Jenner-Dubinsky-Dubios
Calvert-Foligno-Milano

Werenski-Jones
Johnson-Savard
Carlsson- Nutivara

Above ^^ is very competitive for a Stanley Cup Championship.. we still are competitive without them.. with the line up above we lose Murray, Anderson and a pick for Duchene and Neal.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Milano-Dubinsky-Anderson
Dubois-Foligno-Bjorkstrand
Calvert-Sedlak-Motte

(Jenner still injured?)

Werenski-Jones
Johnson-Savard
Murray-Carlsson
Harrington (Nutti gets top line minutes in Cleveland)

Bob/Korpi

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
I really want to see Anderson on that top line, but I don't think they will reward him with that until he 'earns' it.

Jackets Woodchuck

Dec 27, 2010
Didn't expect a forward to be sent down to make room for Anderson.

Doesn't this mean we have no extra forwards until Josh is ready?

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Here's the roster from the official Blue Jackets site:

Forwards (13) -
9 Artemi Panarin, 10 Alexander Wennberg, 11 Matt Calvert, 13 Cam Atkinson, 17 Brandon Dubinsky, 18 Pierre-Luc Dubois, 22 Sonny Milano, 28 Oliver Bjorkstrand, 36 Zac Dalpe, 37 Markus Hannikainen, 45 Lukas Sedlak, 71 Nick Foligno and 77 Josh Anderson
Defense (8) - 3 Seth Jones, 4 Scott Harrington, 7 Jack Johnson, 8 Zach Werenski, 27 Ryan Murray, 53 Gabriel Carlsson, 58 David Savard and 65 Markus Nutivaara
Goaltenders (2) - 70 Joonas Korpisalo, 72 Sergei Bobrovsky.

Reactions: We Want Ten

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Here's the roster from the official Blue Jackets site:

Forwards (13) -
9 Artemi Panarin, 10 Alexander Wennberg, 11 Matt Calvert, 13 Cam Atkinson, 17 Brandon Dubinsky, 18 Pierre-Luc Dubois, 22 Sonny Milano, 28 Oliver Bjorkstrand, 36 Zac Dalpe, 37 Markus Hannikainen, 45 Lukas Sedlak, 71 Nick Foligno and 77 Josh Anderson
Defense (8) - 3 Seth Jones, 4 Scott Harrington, 7 Jack Johnson, 8 Zach Werenski, 27 Ryan Murray, 53 Gabriel Carlsson, 58 David Savard and 65 Markus Nutivaara
Goaltenders (2) - 70 Joonas Korpisalo, 72 Sergei Bobrovsky.

Dalpe is the surprise, but is he holding Jenner's spot? There was some thought a week or so ago that Hannikainen hadn't shown much and might be headed to Cleveland. What happened? I had figured he was only sticking around because Anderson hadn't signed, but if there are 13 forwards and Andy's one of them, Hanni would seem to be up here regardless, right?

I feel like I'm missing something.

The Wheelchair

Jun 13, 2015
Ottawa
Dalpe is the surprise, but is he holding Jenner's spot? There was some thought a week or so ago that Hannikainen hadn't shown much and might be headed to Cleveland. What happened? I had figured he was only sticking around because Anderson hadn't signed, but if there are 13 forwards and Andy's one of them, Hanni would seem to be up here regardless, right?

I feel like I'm missing something.
Everyone assumed Motte would make the team ahead of him. He didn't.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
My Opening night lineup

Panarin - Wennberg - Atkinson
Milano - Foligno - Bjorkstrand
PLD - Dubinsky - Calvert
Hannikainen - Sedlak - Dalpe
Anderson

Werenski - Jones
Johnson - Savard
Murray - Carlsson
Nutivaara, Harrington

Bobrovsky
Korpisalo

When Anderson is fit to return to the lineup, put him on the 3rd line RW, Calvert to 4th line LW, and Hannikainen to the extra F.

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
My Opening night lineup

PLD - Dubinsky - Calvert
Anderson

Werenski - Jones
Johnson - Savard
Murray - Carlsson
Nutivaara, Harrington

Bobrovsky
Korpisalo

When Anderson is fit to return to the lineup, put him on the 3rd line RW, Calvert to 4th line LW, and Hannikainen to the extra F.

Looks about right, including comments on when Anderson returns. Only possible question mark might be flipping PLD and Milano.

Jackets Woodchuck

Dec 27, 2010
Should I read anything (especially regarding severity of injury/length of time on IR) into Jenner being placed on Injured/Non-Roster (meaning he can't attend team meetings or travel with the team)? The other guy on that list is on there because he'll be sent to the Monsters when healthy (he's already in Cleveland). Here's a tweet explaining the difference between the injured lists:

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
No Josh opening night. I love Torts reaction when asked if he had thought about the fitness testing Josh is facing. :) Also said, "I see Sonny in my top 6 opening night".

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Anderson is really gonna have to outplay someone to get that spot back. And I don't think it's gonna be easy. It's really gonna depend on what he's been doing while he was waiting and how motivated he is to take that spot back.

But the silver lining to this is that it opened a spot and creates some real competition amongst the guys. Right now that spot is Milanos, Hannikainens and Dubois to lose. And you know all three of them have been busting their asses just as much if not more than Anderson to make the team. Hell most of us don't even have Hannikainen in the lineup, but every time they mentioned him in preseason all they talked about was how he couldn't be outworked. There were also quite a few posters who were really ready to give up on Milano, even before he was a rumored piece for Duchene. And as for Dubois, the entire hockey world has done nothing but doubt him since the draft and I really think he's ready to shut his haters up.

But injuries do happen so Josh will most likely get an opportunity to earn a spot back in the lineup sooner rather than later.

hardkorejackets

Nov 6, 2013
Coldwater, OH
My Opening night lineup

PLD - Dubinsky - Calvert
Anderson

Werenski - Jones
Johnson - Savard
Murray - Carlsson
Nutivaara, Harrington

Bobrovsky
Korpisalo

That's the exact line-up I would role with. I want to give Milano a chance with Bjorkstrand or someone that has some skill/will shoot the puck.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
They aren't paying him that money to sit. He'll be in the lineup within a week.
Concur, but I think that'd be less a function of "we're spending enough money that he'll be playing one way or the other" and more that he's been paid that money in the reasonably well-founded expectation that he'll step up, do the work, and be worthy of the spot again in short order.

The Jones Zone

Nov 27, 2013
Raleigh, NC
PLD-Dubinsky-Anderson

love to see this happen......and maybe it won't work out.....but I want to see these 3 get a chance to play on the same line

JohnnyJacket13

(formerly PD9)
Sponsor
Jan 14, 2015
Columbus
Opening Night:

Milano-Foligno-Bjorkstrand
Dubois-Dubinsky-Calvert
Hannikainen-Sedlak-Dalpe

and when Jenner + Anderson eventually return:

Milano-Foligno-Bjorkstrand
Jenner-Dubinsky-Dubois
Calvert-Sedlak-Anderson

Hannikainen sent down since he doesn't require waivers, and Dalpe as the extra F

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad