2017-18 Art Ross Discussion Thread

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
Kucherov and Stamkos currently tied for 1st with 42 points, McDavid with 39 off a 4 point night in 2nd. From there it's extremely close.

Who do you think will win it? I'd put money on McDavid repeat.

Frosty415

Nov 27, 2009
415 to 519
McDavid is heating up now that his bout with the flu is over.

Stamkos and Kucherov are still the favorites at this point, if the Oilers turn it around then I can see McDavid taking it again.

Reactions: Oilers Propagandist

Satire

Nov 20, 2016
The Oilers get in the playoffs if Mcdavid wins it - and the vice versa is true. I think that Kucherov will win it this year, although you can never count out Crosby. The guy is very capable of sustaining 1.5-2 ppg when he goes streaking over 15+ games.

Zerotonine

Apr 23, 2017
Mcdavids to loose, he is now in the top group and really has only started to look like himself in the last 4-6 games all season. Obviously the illness he was battling was a bit more then just a flu.

Reactions: Oilers Propagandist

DearDiary

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷
Aug 29, 2010
Kessel has 37 points, don't count out the hot dog boy just yet

OilCanada92

May 1, 2009
Edmonton, Alberta
McDavid is coming.

He's been ridiculous the past 3 games on a dominant line alongside Puljujarvi and Lucic.

While he has 1 goal and 5 assists over that span, it easily could have been 4 goals and 8 assists with just a tiny bit of puck luck. So many posts, missed open nets and unbelievable saves.
His game against the Leafs was a 4 point performance that went down in history as a 0 point game. He was great, and probably even better tonight.

OilCanada92

May 1, 2009
Edmonton, Alberta
If McDavid's current line with Puljujarvi and Lucic continues to work and build chemistry I don't think there will be anyone who can stop him
I'm expecting Puljujarvi to eventually slow down. Even if it's only temporary. I'd also argue that Lucic isn't playing great while still collecting points. That line would probably be better with Maroon on it but they're clicking so there's no reason to mess with it.

NeverForget06

Here we go again !
Jan 7, 2013
Edmonton
I'm expecting Puljujarvi to eventually slow down. Even if it's only temporary. I'd also argue that Lucic isn't playing great while still collecting points. That line would probably be better with Maroon on it but they're clicking so there's no reason to mess with it.
I guess we'll have to agree to disagree then. As far as I see it, Puljujarvi is just finding his confidence at the NHL level, he still has more to give as far as I'm concerned.

Lucic is still slow, and gets beat in his own zone, but he has a (rather large) nose for the net and can finish. His 2 on 1 tonight with Connor tonight was a perfect example. Keep your stick on the ice and wait for Connor to provide you tap ins.

Reactions: 1OApick

OilCanada92

May 1, 2009
Edmonton, Alberta
I guess we'll have to agree to disagree then. As far as I see it, Puljujarvi is just finding his confidence at the NHL level, he still has more to give as far as I'm concerned.

Lucic is still slow, and gets beat in his own zone, but he has a (rather large) nose for the net and can finish. His 2 on 1 tonight with Connor tonight was a perfect example. Keep your stick on the ice and wait for Connor to provide you tap ins.
I don't mean that as a criticism of Puljujarvi. Just giving the rookie a long leash.

Party Kane

Nov 7, 2013
Chicago
It'll be McDavid baring injury, he's simply just better than the rest of the guys near the top of the scoring race. His scoring consistency is the best in the league since he entered it

StatisticsAddict99

Feb 24, 2017
Kucherov... But damn McDavid is catching up, Stammer and Kuch are gonna have to work extra hard to keep that Video Game character of they’re trail.

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
Matthews and McDavid both pointless tonight

Crosby too at the time of this post.

Kucherov 2 points

but the average fan still think there's a gap

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad