2017-18 Around the League | Congratulations Washington Capitals!

Status
Not open for further replies.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Playing with Schwartz/Tarasenko doesn't hurt but 22 points to start off the year isn't too shabby for Brayden

Dang, didn't know he was putting up points like that this year. But I am still supremely confident that he will inevitably be a disappointment again :)

RalphKing

Mar 28, 2017
^ I dunno... they have improved and look better and better. I haven't really seen an arc of improvement for our boys. Sekera will be huge for us when he's back but I'm glass half empty for this year.

OilCountry93

Jul 2, 2014
It would really help if JP could come in and have the kind of games Jankowski’s is having. But having Jagr on your line helps immensely. #chiadropstheballagain

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
^ I dunno... they have improved and look better and better. I haven't really seen an arc of improvement for our boys. Sekera will be huge for us when he's back but I'm glass half empty for this year.

Smith has also been propping them up making 40+ saves most nights. He is why they are where they are in my mind, giving them solid goaltending. In 11 of their 17 games so far they've been held to 3 or less goals but Smith has been stealing them a few victories. The Oilers have 15 games in the same department scoring three or less goals but they have no one to blame but themselves for being in the position they are in.

The Flames don't scare or worry me...I still see that team as being highly overrated from top to bottom. Treliving improved the goaltending for sure but also took a gamble on Smith as he isn't young and has a lot of miles on him. I guess we will see how long this injury keeps him out. I shudder to think what would happen if Talbot went down for any length of time.

Last edited:

oilers'72

Jul 3, 2006
Red Deer, Alta
Hockey like Mom used to make.

Buffalo at Pittsburgh @ 5 PM SN1, ATTSN-PT, MSG-B
Columbus at Montreal@ 5:30 PM TSN2 (regional), RDS, FS-O
Dallas at Florida @ 5: 30 PM FS-F, FS-SW+
Washington at Nashville @ 6 PM NBCSN, NBCSWA
Philadelphia at Minnesota @ 6 PM FS-N, NBCSP+
Arizona at Winnipeg @ 6 PM TSN3, FS-A
Vancouver at Los Angeles @ 8:30 PM FS-W, SNP

LaGu

Jan 4, 2011
Italy
Vancouver is crashing hard back to earth.
Looks like they have outplayed LA so far. LA scored on PP but VAN looks much stronger right now.

Wouldn't be surprised if that changes though now that VAN tied it.

Last edited:

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
Hopefully Vancouver can hang on here. 3-2 with under nine minutes remaining. That would leave the Oilers only eight back of 1st in the division, which is kinda weird considering how this season has gone so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad