2017-18 Around the League | Congratulations Washington Capitals!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Looks like Jagr has gone straight to the first line now playing with Gaudreau and Monahan. Sounds like that Ferland experiment on the first line isn't working out.. which shouldn't be a surprise to anybody with a brain. I guess their RW depth is even worse than ours.

That would be really an incredibly stupid thing for the Flames to do. Topline shouldn't need Jagr and he won't add much to it. Jagr will spend all day making plays and looking dangerous but seldom gets production anymore. He's become a lot of a peripheral player and working the cycle. A Jagr Cycle now is typically passing the puck back and forth in harmless areas and not producing. On a PP he looks to be killing penalties. Its sad, but that's Jagr now.

People get excited at the name. The reality is Jagr in recent seasons is a 20 goal scorer if that. Last 5 seasons that's actually his average but also declining.

t0nedeff

Jun 29, 2010
So let me get this straight St. Louis was able to challenge the tying goal because offside challenges are unlimited now? How did they challenge that goal when they lost on a goalie interference challenge? This league makes no sense sometimes and seems like they do shit on the spur of the moment and leave fans completely f***ing confused.

frag2

Mar 8, 2006
So let me get this straight St. Louis was able to challenge the tying goal because offside challenges are unlimited now? How did they challenge that goal when they lost on a goalie interference challenge? This league makes no sense sometimes and seems like they do **** on the spur of the moment and leave fans completely ****ing confused.

I read on twitter offsides are unlimited if you can deal with a penalty for a wrong challenge?

McGhostbuster

Who ya gonna call?
Apr 30, 2007
Edmonton
So let me get this straight St. Louis was able to challenge the tying goal because offside challenges are unlimited now? How did they challenge that goal when they lost on a goalie interference challenge? This league makes no sense sometimes and seems like they do **** on the spur of the moment and leave fans completely ****ing confused.

They changed it just before pre-season. Unlimited challenges, but if you're wrong it's a 2 minute minor. No time-outs are deducted.

North

Jun 25, 2009

The kicker is it shouldn't have been overturned. Since they didn't call it offside initially and then Andrighetto brought the puck out of the zone and then took it back in to put it onside, it shouldn't have been reviewed as per the NHL's own rules.

oilers'72

Jul 3, 2006
Red Deer, Alta
For your viewing pleasure:

Vancouver at Buffalo @ 5 PM SN360, MSG-B
San Jose at New Jersey @ 5 PM MSG+, NBCSCA
Washington at Detroit @ 5:30 PM FS-D, NBCSWA+
Pittsburgh at Florida @ 5:30 PM TVAS, FS-F, ATTSN-PT
Minnesota at Winnipeg @ 6 PM TSN3 (regional), FS-N+
Montreal at Anaheim @ 8 PM PRIME, TSN2 (regional), RDS

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Would be really nice if Montreal could stop sucking for 1 day today.

Edit: Yeah, looks like this isn't gonna happen.

Last edited:

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Yikes. Fowler might have just wrecked his knee or ankle. Another top D down for the Ducks.

Odds of Montreal taking advantage? Give it 0.001%

jebs

Mar 4, 2011
Sabres rebuild looks like it might end up same as the Oilers first one, a big fail.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Sabres rebuild looks like it might end up same as the Oilers first one, a big fail.

Eichel = Hall
Reinhart = Nuge
Kane = Eberle
O'Rielly = Horcoff
Pominville = Hemsky
Girgensons = Gagner
Risto = Jutlz

I'm totally seeing it.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
Habs are brutal...Ducks smoking them without Kesler and half their defense
XdNqPbL.jpg

OilerTyler

Disgruntled
Jul 5, 2009
Edmonton
Alzner was one of the prized defensemen in this years free agent class. Seeing him play makes me grateful for Kris Russell.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
Wow the wheels really fell off in the third period for Montreal. Something big is gonna happen there. Bergevin has to go.

Mcnofool6110

Re-defining Rock Bottom since '07
Dec 7, 2011
Sydney
Arizona winless, the Ducks without half their d core, Carter out for a solid amount of time, San Jose with a slow start, Vegas hopefully coming down to Earth... Our slow start picked a good year to happen

oilers'72

Jul 3, 2006
Red Deer, Alta
Games all day today.

Nashville at New York Rangers @ 10:30 AM SNP, SNO, SNE, MSG, FS-TN
Buffalo at Boston @ 5 PM NESN, MSG-B
Toronto at Ottawa @ 5 PM CBC, CITY, TVAS
Pittsburgh at Tampa Bay @ 5 PM SUN, ATTSN-PT
San Jose at New York Islanders @ 5 PM MSG+, NBCSCA
Los Angeles at Columbus @ 5 PM FS-O, FS-W
Florida at Washington @ 5:30 PM NBCSN, NBCSWA
Carolina at Dallas @ 6 PM FS-SW+, FS-CR
Chicago at Arizona @ 7 PM FS-A PLUS, NBCSCH
Minnesota at Calgary @ 8 PM CBC, FS-N
St. Louis at Vegas @ 8:30 PM ATTSN-RM, FS-MW

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Stamkos is on a tare. He now has 16 points on the season. The entire Oilers has scored 14 goals. (not dissing us just using it as a comparison)

Of he can stay healthy I could see him winning the Art Ross this year.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Uh oh, the Penguins are getting their asses kicked. Good thing there's a slumpbusting team facing them on Tuesday...
Yeah... Second big thrashing they have taken. They are going to come out pissed Tuesday and put us thru the ringer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad