2017-18 Around the League | Congratulations Washington Capitals!

Status
Not open for further replies.

tinfish

Jul 6, 2011
Edmonton
I'm sure the cable companies wouldn't mind showing more games. It's the NHL and the individual teams that don't allow it. The lone exception are Chicago games on WGN but it could be that the audience that have access to that channel is pretty small and may not even know that WGN shows Hawks' games.
Then the nhl needs to put together a reasonable product for me to buy. I have cable only for hockey, and it's just not worth it.

Reactions: oilers'72

oilers'72

Jul 3, 2006
Red Deer, Alta
Then the nhl needs to put together a reasonable product for me to buy. I have cable only for hockey, and it's just not worth it.

Sportsnet used to have a lot more out of market games on the various channels but cut back because not enough people were watching. Probably because most games start at the same time and, unless one has several TVs on at the same time, people would stay with one game. Hate to say it but not everyone watches games outside of their own team. Myself, I can get all the Flames games but I never watch them. Mostly because I got tired of watching their opposition gift them wins while treating games against the Oil as the 7th game of the Stanley Cup.

Reactions: tinfish

tinfish

Jul 6, 2011
Edmonton
Sportsnet used to have a lot more out of market games on the various channels but cut back because not enough people were watching. Probably because most games start at the same time and, unless one has several TVs on at the same time, people would stay with one game. Hate to say it but not everyone watches games outside of their own team. Myself, I can get all the Flames games but I never watch them. Mostly because I got tired of watching their opposition gift them wins while treating games against the Oil as the 7th game of the Stanley Cup.
It's just frustrating. Habs are the only other team I like. I'd like to watch the game on my tv

Drivesaitl

Time to Drive
Oct 8, 2017
Duck hunting
Adrian Kempe with the Natural hat trick. 3 goal 3rd period. 2nd goal was an absolute world class rush and finish. Looks like the Kings have one more goal scorer. Stomping on the Habs 5-1 now. Should be much worse. Kings all over the Habs.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Bergevin fired yet? Guy is the ultimate "throw crap at the wall and see what sticks" GM. Only, he's really only ever just created a pile of poo along the baseboards. The only thing that has ever kept something up for a little while was Price playing his absolute best.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Adrian Kempe with the Natural hat trick. 3 goal 3rd period. 2nd goal was an absolute world class rush and finish. Looks like the Kings have one more goal scorer. Stomping on the Habs 5-1 now. Should be much worse. Kings all over the Habs.
Good hattrick, not natural though as another player scored between the 1st and 2nd goal.

bukwas

Stanley Cup 2022
Sep 27, 2017
Oh you can get all the games, you just need to order Centre Ice and the sports package through a cable company.
For all you married men. My wife always stressed over what to buy me for my birthday, i suggested purchasing centre ice for me every year was can't miss material.

Signed
Happy Husband

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
The problem I also see is that Sportsnet has other sports to show. They have football, baseball, hockey, basketball and other crap.

I have a Rogers cell phone so I get every game on my phone and can play that on chromecast. The only problem is I don't get Edmonton home games.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Kadri and JVR keep doing work. Hyman also pitching in. Leafs are looking good have to admit. If they can add a top 4 D at the deadline ... look out.

I don't think they have more talent than us, it's just that their talent plays up to their full potential or beyond it, especially in the case of their "support" players.

I think they have a lot more pure talent than the Oilers if we're talking about skill. I don't think it's remotely close up front and on the blueline at least until Yamamoto and Puljujarvi establish themselves as high level players, if that ever happens. The Oilers have no skill on the blueline, none at all when you really think about it.

The question with the Leafs is if they can defend will enough to advance in the playoffs when the games are tighter checking. This is where they need somebody like a Tanev, they don't really have a Dman that can shut down top forwards and calm things down in their own zone. Then again, they could just as likely continue to outscore their problems as this is starting to morph into a more free wheeling, high octane offense league.

I gottta say one thing though, an entertaining competitive Leafs team is really good for the league sadly. Sucks for HF but good for the league.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
I'm not watching the Toronto game, but I see 4 goals on 5 shots? Really? When will that ****ing happen to us? How come every goalie we come across plays like a hall of ****ing famer?

Because the Leafs have better finishers, a lot more skill.

frag2

Mar 8, 2006
I think they have a lot more pure talent than the Oilers if we're talking about skill. I don't think it's remotely close up front and on the blueline at least until Yamamoto and Puljujarvi establish themselves as high level players, if that ever happens. The Oilers have no skill on the blueline, none at all when you really think about it.

The question with the Leafs is if they can defend will enough to advance in the playoffs when the games are tighter checking. This is where they need somebody like a Tanev, they don't really have a Dman that can shut down top forwards and calm things down in their own zone. Then again, they could just as likely continue to outscore their problems as this is starting to morph into a more free wheeling, high octane offense league.

I gottta say one thing though, an entertaining competitive Leafs team is really good for the league sadly. Sucks for HF but good for the league.

Keep in mind we had a crazy start last year [7-2? or something] and ended up around 500 by calendar year end so it possible Leafs could slow down. That being said, their players are showing up and playing cohesively unlike ours which is a huge disappointment.

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
Keep in mind we had a crazy start last year [7-2? or something] and ended up around 500 by calendar year end so it possible Leafs could slow down. That being said, their players are showing up and playing cohesively unlike ours which is a huge disappointment.

Goes to show you how good Babcock is

apollo678

Oct 21, 2013
Yes, I understand why. It's just ridiculous to me. I'm happy to pay for a good product. I pay for Netflix and Spotify. I'd love to pay for cravetv, but they don't have a ps4 app, and trying to access it through my cable box is a joke. I tred the nhl app on ps4 and local games are blacked out, so I'd need vpn. So, either I jump through all these hoops, or I take 30 seconds to find an illegal stream.

One thing you might want to try (for CraveTV or other content) is a Google Chromecast. When on sale this device will cost roughly $35-40 CAD. You hook the device up via HDMI to your TV or your AV Receiver. Using your wireless network, you can "cast" content from your laptop/tablet/phone/etc. to your TV. So you pull up crave on your laptop/tablet and watch it on your TV. Basically anything you can watch on your laptop is now watchable on your TV. I have had success with it instead of trying to use the PS4 browser.

Reactions: tinfish

tinfish

Jul 6, 2011
Edmonton
One thing you might want to try (for CraveTV or other content) is a Google Chromecast. When on sale this device will cost roughly $35-40 CAD. You hook the device up via HDMI to your TV or your AV Receiver. Using your wireless network, you can "cast" content from your laptop/tablet/phone/etc. to your TV. So you pull up crave on your laptop/tablet and watch it on your TV. Basically anything you can watch on your laptop is now watchable on your TV. I have had success with it instead of trying to use the PS4 browser.
Thanks. I've heard of chromecasts, but wasn't sure exactly what they did. The only problem I'd have is that my tv only has 2 hdmi slots, and of course they're both in use, so I'd need to buy some sort of hdmi hub or something.

oilers'72

Jul 3, 2006
Red Deer, Alta
Toniggit:

Vancouver at Boston @ 5 PM SN360, NESN
New York Islanders at New York Rangers @ 5 PM MSG, MSG+ 2
Nashville at Philadelphia @ 5 PM NBCSP, FS-TN
Tampa Bay at Columbus @ 5 PM FS-O, SUN
New Jersey at Ottawa @ 5:30 PM TSN5 (regional), RDS, MSG+
St. Louis at Colorado @ 7 PM ALT, FS-MW
Carolina at Calgary @ 7 PM SNF, FS-CR
Dallas at Arizona @ 8 PM FS-A, FS-SW

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Lol Bergevin. Sergachev with 2 goals tonight. 6 points on the season.

He couldn't at least try to keep 1 young D eh?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->