2017-18 Around the League | Congratulations Washington Capitals!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Digger12

Gold Fever
Feb 27, 2002
Back o' beyond
REALLY trying hard to resist the urge to hit the Jets board with a "Oilers fan coming in peace..." faux concern motivational speaker post.

WE SUFFERED THROUGH SO MANY OF THOSE GAH

MoneyGuy

Wandering
Oct 19, 2009
REALLY trying hard to resist the urge to hit the Jets board with a "Oilers fan coming in peace..." faux concern motivational speaker post.

WE SUFFERED THROUGH SO MANY OF THOSE GAH

Do it! Then post the link for some guaranteed thanks.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Oh my god...Steve Mason.

How does Cheveldyhoff or whatever his name is still have a job? He's going to waste the careers of so many good skaters with his refusal to ever get a good coach or goalie.

Mav3rick07

Jul 28, 2007
Sharks lose . And the night just got better

First in the Pacific .

McDavid = First in scoring .

Good start .

Reactions: Del Preston

Aerrol

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Sep 18, 2014
I really shouldn't have checked other boards, but man, the reaction of Pens fans to the media + league-wide fan hype about McDavid is so hypocritical. And I say this cheering for the Pens as my second team.

"Sad I can't enjoy a guy because of the hype from these boards." "I can't stand how the media overhypes the guy up here in Canada" etc.

...They have Sidney f***ing Crosby on their goddamn team, lol. How can they have already forgotten the ridiculous amounts of coverage Sid got? I remember when he came back from his concussion, the next few games had a special 'Sid Cam' in the corner so you could watch Sid, non-stop all the time.

Reactions: McRpro

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
Diehard fanboys of Martin Marincin, rejoice!

He's on waivers, anyone want to pick him up?

http://www.tsn.ca/leafs-marincin-vgk-g-pickard-put-on-waivers-1.876500

I watched a fair bit on him this preseason. Looks like the wheels have fallen off. Too bad, his combination of skating and reach/stickwork was sublime. Rest of his game just never developed. Solid powerplay quarterback in junior as well... Maybe he will turn it around but right now it looks like I was flat out wrong about him.

Digger12

Gold Fever
Feb 27, 2002
Back o' beyond
I watched a fair bit on him this preseason. Looks like the wheels have fallen off. Too bad, his combination of skating and reach/stickwork was sublime. Rest of his game just never developed. Solid powerplay quarterback in junior as well... Maybe he will turn it around but right now it looks like I was flat out wrong about him.

BTW, wasn't meaning to single you out or rub it in your face or anything like that. I know you were one of his biggest boosters around here.

Once upon a time I felt the same, I was stoked when he was selected as part of Team Slovakia and the Oilers were trying like hell to get him paired with Chara and to learn everything he could from him.

Marincin had the physical tools to be a solid top 4 dman in the NHL, but for whatever reason it didn't come together for him. I wonder if he just didn't have that inner drive to succeed, and over time his physical skills eroded to the point that he's close to dropping right out of the league. It's too bad.

Hell, coming out of junior I was 100% flat out convinced that Rob Schremp was going to have a long NHL career. Oops. :ha:

Reactions: Aerchon

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
Marincin and Gernat both had big work ethic issues. I think they just wanted to have fun playing the game but never wanted to put big work in in the offseason. It completely doomed Gernats career for day 1. For Marincin it caught up to him after his 2nd year in the NHL. I think the intensity of the NHL just got to him and overwhelmed him. Marincin was a good player in his time here, but slowly the grind hit him hard and when he got to Toronto he just wanted to rely on skating and size and didn't want to engage physically at all

Reactions: Digger12

oilers'72

Jul 3, 2006
Red Deer, Alta
TONIGHT:

Nashville at Boston @ 5 PM NESN, FS-TN
Montreal at Buffalo @ 5 PM MSG-B, TSN2 (regional), RDS
Colorado at New York Rangers @ 5 PM MSG, ALT
Washington at Ottawa @ 5:30 PM RDS2, TSN5 (regional), NBCSWA
Minnesota at Detroit @ 5:30 PM NBCSN
Pittsburgh at Chicago @ 6:30 PM SN360, SN1, NBCSCH, ATTSN-PT
Arizona at Anaheim @ 8:00 PM PRIME, FS-A
Philadelphia at Los Angeles @ 8 PM NBCSN, NBCSP

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Hey guys, just here to let you know that Yakupov is on pace for 82 points already.

Now that the unfunny joke is out of the way, he looks good in Colorado. For those of you Oilers fans who still really like Yak, he has looked pretty decent for us through pre-season and the start of our first game.

OilerTyler

Disgruntled
Jul 5, 2009
Edmonton
I hope Yakupov does well in Colorado because I like the kid but I'm probably never going to miss having him here.

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005
That's awesome for the Debrusk family. Jake with his first goal in his first game and family in attendance. Louie tearing up. Hahaha

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
So these goalie interference challenges are working now? Where was this when kesler was sitting on talbot, or perry was bumping his blocker?

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
That's awesome for the Debrusk family. Jake with his first goal in his first game and family in attendance. Louie tearing up. Hahaha
He almost scored again just now and Louie is out of breath in the stands.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
just got a little giddy--- some places are suggesting the oilers may go to China to start the next season--that would make me happy--why--reason to go to china--again

SK13

non torsii subligarium
Jul 23, 2007
Edmonton
Hawks beating down the Pens right now.

After all those irritating Penguins fans this summer, I'm super happy about that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->