2017-18 Around the League | Congratulations Washington Capitals!

Status
Not open for further replies.

OilCountry93

Jul 2, 2014
Wtf Tampa?!? They were absolutely pumping Calgary the first 2 periods and Smith saves their asses, then they completely rollover in the 3rd. Wish we could have a team lay down for us for once. Still not convinced the Flames are for real, they’ll drop out of the race when Anaheim, Minnesota and a Chicago inevitably turn it up.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
woof 11 points back of Calgary...hurts.

Oh well, let the Flames give their fans a ton of false hope for a bit before Edwards packs the team up and moves it to sunnier climates in 3-4 years. Perhaps the Flames lurkers liking all our comments can man up and chime in with an arena negotiation update.

Oh wait. There haven't been any negotiations since what, September?

King In The North

Sean Bennett
Jul 9, 2007
Winterfell
Oh well, let the Flames give their fans a ton of false hope for a bit before Edwards packs the team up and moves it to sunnier climates in 3-4 years. Perhaps the Flames lurkers liking all our comments can man up and chime in with an arena negotiation update.

Highly doubt they'll move. But latest update.

No sign of Flames arena talks reigniting, so what's next?

OilCountry93

Jul 2, 2014

Seriously? That’s the best comeback we can have? Our barn is nicer? They’re a revenue positive Canadian team. They’re not going anywhere. Bettman forced Carolina to have a no-move clause in their sale, he’s not gonna let Calgary go anywhere. They’ll get an arena, cities that need them always do. We did, so did the Islanders, Detroit, Pittsburgh, etc. Pittsburgh was bankrupt and we’re way more likely to be relocated and they got a new arena. They’re just holding out for a better deal. Katz took our city to the tool shed in our deal and Calgary won’t bend over so easily.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Seriously? That’s the best comeback we can have? Our barn is nicer? They’re a revenue positive Canadian team. They’re not going anywhere. Bettman forced Carolina to have a no-move clause in their sale, he’s not gonna let Calgary go anywhere. They’ll get an arena, cities that need them always do. We did, so did the Islanders, Detroit, Pittsburgh, etc. Pittsburgh was bankrupt and we’re way more likely to be relocated and they got a new arena. They’re just holding out for a better deal. Katz took our city to the tool shed in our deal and Calgary won’t bend over so easily.
Calgary is the biggest bandwagon city on the planet. Not a peep from the Flame fans when we put 7 on them on their own barn. Many times I go to bars during games and nobody is even tuning in. Game day? You might see a single Jersey downtown. If Calgary isn't winning the Flames might as well not exist.

OilCountry93

Jul 2, 2014
Yet you can't beat the bottom feeding Oilers. Funny how that works.

Calgary is the most boring city on the planet where the most interesting thing to do is dress like a cowboy for a couple weeks. And I can say these things because I live in that bum infested craphole.

Sure bud. I get we’re rivals and all but the comparing dick sizes of each city is getting old. We have a great river valley, the best festivals and a world class mall. They have the mountains, a world renowned summer event and better night life. But all in all, they’re pretty much equal. And I can say these things, I’ve lived in both cities for 10+ years.

OilCountry93

Jul 2, 2014
Calgary is the biggest bandwagon city on the planet. Not a peep from the Flame fans when we put 7 on them on their own barn. Many times I go to bars during games and nobody is even tuning in. Game day? You might see a single Jersey downtown. If Calgary isn't winning the Flames might as well not exist.

This so so far from accurate it’s hilarious. I lived in Calgary up until 3 years ago. Even during their Brent Sutter, Jay Feaster, aging vets period they were the #1 ticket in town.

KeithIsActuallyBad

Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
This so so far from accurate it’s hilarious. I lived in Calgary up until 3 years ago. Even during their Brent Sutter, Jay Feaster, aging vets period they were the #1 ticket in town.
They really aren't though. There's no buzz in this city, even during the playoffs last year. They knew their team was Duck fodder.

Reactions: Gaudfather

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007

According to King they're not in the black anymore.

Calgary Flames becoming a have-not market in NHL economy: Ken King

Until the day comes where a report says they're getting a new rink I am not convinced they'll stay. Not with all these potential cities snooping around the league.

OilCountry93

Jul 2, 2014
They really aren't though. There's no buzz in this city, even during the playoffs last year. They knew their team was Duck fodder.

I wasn’t there last year but they’re probably wasn’t much buzz because the were cold going into the playoffs and playing a team that absolutely owns them. The city was nuts the year the beat Vancouver in round one.

Reactions: Gaudfather

KeithIsActuallyBad

Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
I wasn’t there last year but they’re probably wasn’t much buzz because the were cold going into the playoffs and playing a team that absolutely owns them. The city was nuts the year the beat Vancouver in round one.
In 2004, yes. There was a mild buzz in 2015 but nothing even close to the run. I remember that year pretty well. The city basically shut down.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
MOD-I see that some opposing teams fans find it cute to "like" posts as a means of stirring the pot. This includes some posters that have been thread banned because they stirred the pot before. Those that are thread banned will be getting infractions. Any that decide to "troll like" from this post forward will be getting the same treatment. Like that.

Last edited:

OilCountry93

Jul 2, 2014
According to King they're not in the black anymore.

Calgary Flames becoming a have-not market in NHL economy: Ken King

Until the day comes where a report says they're getting a new rink I am not convinced they'll stay. Not with all these potential cities snooping around the league.

So the main guy that’s posturing for a new arena said this? A guy that’s probably out of a job unless the team gets a good deal? Yeah, I believe him. They have the 6th highest operating income in the league and are 15th in franchise value. They’re not going anywhere. King is full of .

OilCountry93

Jul 2, 2014
In 2004, yes. There was a mild buzz in 2015 but nothing even close to the run. I remember that year pretty well. The city basically shut down.

Nope. I was still there at this time. There we car flags, people in jerseys everywhere. Red mile was as packed as ever.

Reactions: Keenan87

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
So the main guy that’s posturing for a new arena said this? A guy that’s probably out of a job unless the team gets a good deal? Yeah, I believe him. They have the 6th highest operating income in the league and are 15th in franchise value. They’re not going anywhere. King is full of .

Well, we will settle on having to agree to disagree as I'm not changing my mind on the elevated possibility of them relocating until I see proof otherwise. It has gotten uglier there than it ever had in Edmonton over their arena talks in my opinion.

Personally, I give zero f***s if they stay or if they go. If they build a new arena or don't. I don't live there and will never live there so it does not affect me where my municipal taxes go.

Reactions: frag2
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad