2017-18 Around the League

Status
Not open for further replies.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
On another note, with the Blues win tonight and possibly the Ducks win, the Stars are now in serious trouble. Blues are 1 pt behind with a game in hand.

Sea Eagles

Feb 7, 2012
Know what I'd like? I'd like us to shoot for 7th overall in the entire NHL by seasons end. Wouldn't be a shabby season, hey.

Muffin

Avalanche Flavoured
Aug 14, 2009
Edmonton
Are we supposed to cheer for *gasp* the Wilds tomorrow? We don't really want to face Winnipeg in the 1st round and need the Kings to chasing.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Yup definitely Wild over Kings. I dont want to pass the Wild anyway. So 2 points for them is a good thing and 0 points for LA is a great thing.

Kings have a brutal stretch coming up here, b2b games on the road against the Mild and the Jets.

Would be great to see them go 0-2-0 in each of those games while we beat the Hawks on Tuesday night. Put us 4 points up with a game in hand on them going into our game against them on Thursday.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
This is the week where the Avs can do some real damage and put ourselves in a great spot for the home run stretch.

I really think it's possible they can win every game this week. Road game against Chicago and two home games against LA and Vegas.

If they can go 3-0-0 this week.... They'd be at 92 points with 7 games remaining. Potentially only needing to win a single game in the last 2 weeks to still get in to the playoffs.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Ben Bishop out at least two weeks according to reports.

Stick a fork in the Dallas Stars, they're done. Kari Lehtonen is not going to get them to the playoffs.
Even with Bishop I thought they were done. Looking at the schedule I think the Ducks will remain 3rd in the Pacific. The two wildcard spots will go to AVS, LA or Blues. We play LA twice and the Blues once. Those 3 games might very well decide if we're in or not.

Pokecheque

Whack it Hard to Girard
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Middle West
www.armoredheadspace.com
I personally don't think Lehtonen is a massive downgrade from Bishop, but something is definitely wrong in Dallas. They've had depth issues all year long and now the offense has dried up. I'm reading that fans are getting more than a little critical of Hitch and his staff and their lineup decisions.

As for Bishop getting hurt, again, this always seems to happen with him. Not his fault, but shit luck with injuries seems to follow him around. I think that, more than anything else, has led to him being a step below a legit franchise goalie.

Spleenless Wonder21

Done like dinner
Jun 29, 2009
Ohio
Picking Vasilevsky over Bishop. Example 2,845 Stevie Y made some sort of deal with the devil. :sarcasm:

In all seriousness, what a savvy GM, with copious amounts of good fortune.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->