2017-18 Around the League Thread - Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
Patrick Maroon: I don't know if God is punishing us.

Wow, just...WOW. Your team has gotten THE best possible picks/players from the last decade despite doing next to nothing to deserve them, and you're saying god is punishing you?

How about shutting that pretty little mouth of yours and step up your game to prove you're worth a shit?

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...

Wow, just...WOW. Your team has gotten THE best possible picks/players from the last decade despite doing next to nothing to deserve them, and you're saying god is punishing you?

How about shutting that pretty little mouth of yours and step up your game to prove you're worth a ****?
It's just plain sad how jealous some people can get.:nono:

You're just mad that you don't have your own clothing line:

Official Patrick Maroon Store | Patrick Maroon T-Shirts, Hoodies, Hats

:confused:

Reactions: valkynax

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
To be honest at one point last night the shots were 28-6 in favour of the Oilers and they were down 2-0. I can see how one can think "you got to be kidding me! How do we not even get a bounce! etc" Now there are some performance issues as to why it was 2-0 but they played a good game last night and have played some good game the last little while. If I were a betting man I'd put money on them going on a run.

Tends to happen when you lose games despite playing pretty decent hockey.

Reactions: valkynax

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
Belesky on waivers 2.5 years left at $3.8 million and Benning wants the guy most likely :cry:

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
To be honest at one point last night the shots were 28-6 in favour of the Oilers and they were down 2-0. I can see how one can think "you got to be kidding me! How do we not even get a bounce! etc" Now there are some performance issues as to why it was 2-0 but they played a good game last night and have played some good game the last little while. If I were a betting man I'd put money on them going on a run.

Tends to happen when you lose games despite playing pretty decent hockey.

Sure, one can play a good game and because of bad luck the game was lost. It happens.

But this guy is on the team with probably THE most amount of positive luck in modern NHL era, despite being wildly undeservingly so. It's the same as Kim Kardashian and Paris Hilton saying stupid bs like "oh why do everything bad happen to me wah wah wah wah wah".

Like...excuse me princess was there too much sugar on your cake? Would you like someone to kiss your boo boo?

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
Sure, one can play a good game and because of bad luck the game was lost. It happens.

But this guy is on the team with probably THE most amount of positive luck in modern NHL era, despite being wildly undeservingly so. It's the same as Kim Kardashian and Paris Hilton saying stupid bs like "oh why do everything bad happen to me wah wah wah wah wah".

Like...excuse me princess was there too much sugar on your cake? Would you like someone to kiss your boo boo?

I think it’s a comment made in the moment about the moment. He isn’t going to be thinking about past Oiler draft lottery wins because that’s not something that is going to be in his mind at the time. Nor was he a member of the team. It was clearly a comment based on frustration of playing some decent hockey but not getting results.

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.

Based on what?

Winning the lottery the year RNH and Yakupov are #1? If the Canucks did that we'd laugh at how bad our Canuck Luck is. Edmonton was more unlucky than lucky.

Hall? Won the lottery and moved from #1 to #1. #2 was Seguin so they gained nothing from winning, lost nothing.

McDavid - Very lucky.

Edmonton's is 1-2-1 when it comes to luck.

Last edited:

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
Based on what?

Winning the lottery the year RNH and Yakupov are #1? If the Canucks did that we'd laugh at how bad our Canuck Luck is. Edmonton was more unlucky than lucky.

Hall? Won the lottery and moved from #1 to #1. #2 was Seguin so they gained nothing from winning, lost nothing.

McDavid - Very lucky.

Edmonton's is 1-2-1 when it comes to luck.

Four 1st round picks in six years, and landing McDavid. Yeah, that's quite bit of good luck by being an embarrassment. Drafting the wrong players is bad scouting and decision-making, just like how the orcas drafted JV.

My point is, the hockey God has done the very opposite of punishing that team. They can complain about bad bounces in a game, but saying God is punishing them is just stupid.

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Be interesting to see how the Flames fare against the Preds....The Preds hardly have any weaknesses as a team..I would have to have them as a SC favourite...

On another Flames note...It doesn't look like that Lazar deal is working out that great for them.

racerjoe

Jun 3, 2012
Vancouver
Be interesting to see how the Flames fare against the Preds....The Preds hardly have any weaknesses as a team..I would have to have them as a SC favourite...

On another Flames note...It doesn't look like that Lazar deal is working out that great for them.

I mean who saw that coming... :sarcasm:

Dab

Apr 17, 2017

How about shutting that pretty little mouth of yours and step up your game to prove you're worth a ****?
Did you just see what GOD did to us, man?

God didn’t do that you did- you f***ing narcotics agent

Ryan Miller*

Jan 13, 2017
Arizona and their "top-5 d-core" finding new and creatively painful ways to lose. Wonder how long genius boy Chayka lasts. You trade a top-10 pick and you expect not to be the worst team in the league by far. Can only imagine the uproar if dum-dum Benning committed such an error. The first 2 "analytics regimes" sure went up in flames fast.

HSD19

Feb 19, 2009
Arizona and their "top-5 d-core" finding new and creatively painful ways to lose. Wonder how long genius boy Chayka lasts. You trade a top-10 pick and you expect not to be the worst team in the league by far. Can only imagine the uproar if dum-dum Benning committed such an error. The first 2 "analytics regimes" sure went up in flames fast.
Yeah since Panthers are doing so much better without their analytics dudes. If you look at what the coyotes are doing you would get where there at. They were clear winners of the 2016 draft in grabbing Keller and Chycurn in the first round both who are looking better at the guy we picked 5th overall. I would take Chyka over Benning any day.

Reactions: racerjoe

Black Noise

Flavourtown
Aug 7, 2014
North Vancouver

Florida looks so much better with Tallon, though right? Marchessault and Smith lmao

Kryten

slightly regarded
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
Kootenays
Yeah since Panthers are doing so much better without their analytics dudes. If you look at what the coyotes are doing you would get where there at. They were clear winners of the 2016 draft in grabbing Keller and Chycurn in the first round both who are looking better at the guy we picked 5th overall. I would take Chyka over Benning any day.
Yep, Dvorak has been a dissapointment so far for them compared to expectations but seeing how their team is assembled capwise and structured is pretty envious. If they can get a good goalie in the next year or two they will be a threat once their elc forwards develop more

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...
Benning doesn't have to operate with a budget $15+ million under the cap....errr that might be a good thing as it would mean no Eriksson contract on the team for starters.

Catamarca Livin

Jul 29, 2010
Yep, Dvorak has been a dissapointment so far for them compared to expectations but seeing how their team is assembled capwise and structured is pretty envious. If they can get a good goalie in the next year or two they will be a threat once their elc forwards develop more
Will it be in Phoenix? The plan for Arizona was to be in the playoff race this year. They were suppose to be a lot better instead their young core other than Keller regressed and now I would say Vancouver has better young core.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad