2016 World Series - Chicago Cubs (NL) vs Cleveland Indians (AL)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Oh yeah, he definitely had him at 3rd. It was hard to tell where the 3rd baseman was on the first replay but that one clearly showed him ready for the out on the base.

c9777666

Aug 31, 2016
I don't think it's so much the Cubs bending to the pressure as it is they drew the short straw.

I doubt Toronto would be doing this to them.

Heck, I don't know if the Indians would be doing this to the Dodgers.

It's the ultimate bad matchup- like the Mets last year vs. KC as opposed to the Jays.

Oct 18, 2011
thru the post-season the indians have seemed like the best team consistently..no weaknesses, and francona doing a masterful job.

cubs showed flaws in each of the first two rounds, the indians just have gotten hot at the right time

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
I don't think it's so much the Cubs bending to the pressure as it is they drew the short straw.

I doubt Toronto would be doing this to them.

Heck, I don't know if the Indians would be doing this to the Dodgers.

It's the ultimate bad matchup- like the Mets last year vs. KC as opposed to the Jays.

Cleveland is just a really good team without their 2nd and 3rd starters and arguably their best hitter. It isnt an accident they won 94 games this year. If anything, they are unlucky with those injuries.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
This.. and they're not even completely healthy. Thats the scary part.

Yeah 1 pretty good pitcher is out and another pretty good pitcher just returned.

Pitching was always going to be there. Getting Miller strengthened the backend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad