World Cup: 2016 World Cup — Team Europe

Status
Not open for further replies.

WesMcCauley

Apr 24, 2015
Zuccarello and Kopitar have to get the hardest matchups. Damn good twoway players both of them and know what it takes to play against and outperform other top players. Rest of the lineup is extremely weak compared to the other teams.

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
Zuccarello and Kopitar have to get the hardest matchups. Damn good twoway players both of them and know what it takes to play against and outperform other top players. Rest of the lineup is extremely weak compared to the other teams.

I am thinking guys like Girgensons must have declined to participate in this farce...

Booster*

Jan 10, 2016
1st PP

---------Chara------
Josi----------------Vanek---
Zuccarello--------Kopitar-----

jnk96

Feb 25, 2013
At the rink.
No anthem for Team Europe, damn, I was hoping Darude - Sandstorm.

I was hoping for the official European anthem. Well, it's the official EU anthem and the Swiss and Norwegian players aren't part of that. But I feel like it's better than nothing at all.

That said, as a German, I hate this team anyway. Not really the team, but the NHL for making this team. What a stupid idea. I'm just cheering for Canada, a little bit for Sweden because they have four Canucks, and following North America because they're fun to watch. But Europe is probably the team I care the least about in this tournament. I'd rather have a full Swiss or German team that occasionally loses 8-0...

Keram

Jan 16, 2016
It was very good game indeed last night. But I had really strange feelings about it. I thought I will not really care about this team. Actually I care even less than I thought :help: I never cheered against "my" team in my whole life. Last night I cheered for NA because they played much better. Usually where Slovakia plays like hot garbage I am angry and not cheering against them but yesterday I did not even care about slovaks performances. It was like I was watching Winnipeg or something random in the NHL. Strange feelings about this "team" :shakehead But I enjoyed hockey and young guns :popcorn:

Past Considerations

May 13, 2007
Finland
How was Krueger chosen as the coach? Were any other names in speculation?

Somehow I think his most important merit was being the most recent half-North American NHL coach. On the other hand I have hard time seeing any Swedish, Finnish or other KHL coaches accepting this gig.

Not that another coach would help much with this hopeless idea of a team.

Elvs

Jul 3, 2006
Sweden
How was Krueger chosen as the coach? Were any other names in speculation?

Somehow I think his most important merit was being the most recent half-North American NHL coach. On the other hand I have hard time seeing any Swedish, Finnish or other KHL coaches accepting this gig.

Not that another coach would help much with this hopeless idea of a team.

I'm surprised Krueger would even take on this "team". It's a job doomed for failure. The NHL must have been throwing some nice money his way.

Jablkon

May 23, 2014
Czech Republic
According to czech newspapers Zdeno Chara should say smth like " I prefer matches between national teams. I believe this concept is attractive for fans but playing for national team is bigger honour for me. I am bit afraid how this team works in real."

Source here in czech though.

https://sport.aktualne.cz/hokej/tym...dnosti-se/r~f96e8c5a78d711e682380025900fea04/

Its not clear where and when he said it, if he.....

mattihp

Aug 2, 2004
Uppsala, Sweden
According to czech newspapers Zdeno Chara should say smth like " I prefer matches between national teams. I believe this concept is attractive for fans but playing for national team is bigger honour for me. I am bit afraid how this team works in real."

Source here in czech though.

https://sport.aktualne.cz/hokej/tym...dnosti-se/r~f96e8c5a78d711e682380025900fea04/

Its not clear where and when he said it, if he.....
Zuccarello said one of the best things in this tournament is to not have to play against Chara

http://www.aftonbladet.se/sportbladet/hockey/landslag/worldcup/article23522928.ab

Leftoveria most be the most motivated team ever!

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
The NHL wants to grow the game using Slovakian/Eastern European stars, but they won't give those actual countries the time of day in their glitzy tournament. I hope Hossa is furious about this.

Ivo

Dec 29, 2008
Rotterdam, NL
The Slovakogermanoswissaustroslovenorwaydanishfrancia doing really well so far. The team is making our country proud!

14446068_10210858630487581_4788176324108977320_n.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad