Blue Jays GDT: (2016 v34) *ALDS GM 3* vs TEX| Sun, Oct 9| 7:30pmET/4:30mPT | Lewis vs Sanchez

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shimso

Oct 9, 2011
Do you guys care who we face? I feel like Cleveland is a better match up for us but Francona >> Farrell IMO. We are so similar to the Red Sox but our BP and starting pitching is better...their bats were better than ours in the regular season, can't say the same about the playoffs.

I'd rather beat Boston and be able to say how tough the AL East is but I'd hate losing to them and the process of it (hearing about Ortiz NON-STOP, each game taking 3.5 hrs plus, never feeling safe unless there's like a 6 run lead, etc.).

6ix

HitEmWit4LikeAustonM
Nov 26, 2014
If we did face Boston I would love for us to try and light up Price. I don't think they would start him on the road in Toronto though, could you imagine the crowd and chants lol.

theaub

34-38-61-10-13-15
Nov 21, 2008
Toronto
Also what I'm really cheering for - Cleveland loses tomorrow and then uses Bauer in Game 4, which would basically take him out until Game 3 of the ALCS (even better if they use Kluber in a Game 5 and win because if Salazar doesn't come back that means they're throwing out Tomlin/Clevinger in the first two ALCS games).

Concurrently if Boston wins we would get Buchholz/Rodriguez the first two games.

Rayban*

Apr 21, 2013
Ottawa
Craziest week in Franchise history? Last Saturday we were potentially tied for the last playoff spot and looking like a collapse was coming.

Wood Stick

Dec 25, 2015
No way you let Edwin walk. Give him his money.

I agree with keeping Edwin, and am okay with Jose walking. Many seem to think both are gone though. I'm not a hardcore baseball/Jays fan though, so was just curious if others see one/both/neither returning.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
I agree with keeping Edwin, and am okay with Jose walking. Many seem to think both are gone though. I'm not a hardcore baseball/Jays fan though, so was just curious if others see one/both/neither returning.

Well, there are no guarantees. But I think it's an easy choice on who you throw all your money at.

Lightsol

Aug 2, 2005
Also, with Salazar and Carrasco still out with injuries, Josh Tomlin (a pretty decent #5 starter) and Mike Clevinger (a rookie with a 5+ ERA in 53 innings) are force to take their spots on the Indian's starting rotation which have been the Tribe's major strength for most of this season. Another thing is the Jays bats have actually gotten to Kluber many times in the past, I'd rather see the Jays face the Tribe as well.

The only thing to keep in mind about playing the Tribe... They're a lot like Kansas City in that they tend to nickle-and-dime you to death with singles and doubles. Hopefully if they do have to play Cleveland, the Jays don't constantly try to go for the long ball, because I think if they do Cleveland'll kill us.

Community

44 is Rielly good
Oct 30, 2010
The Darkest Timeline

I've heard some speculation that Jose might re-up for 1 year (using whatever Baseball's qualifying offer equivalent is) so I could see that occurring before he tries to cash in big one more time. If that happens you have to think they throw the bank at EE and hope for one more big year with both before letting Jose move on. All depends how the rest of the playoffs go though as Jose could definitely have a good enough post-season to get significant ~5 year contract offers around the league (who knows, there might be a team still willing to throw the bank at him and hope it was just a down season).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->