Blue Jays GDT: (2016 v28) Next: @ BOS| Fri, Sept 30| 7pmET/4pmPT | Estrada vs Porcello

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
IMO Hanley's foot came off the base there, looking at a replay of it. I would have challenged, not sure if it was conclusive or not

King Mapes

Sub to My YouTube Blocks_4_days
Feb 9, 2008
Edmonton
No, Jays have the tie breaker. Or is that just for if the Jays and Tigers finished tied for the two wild card spots?

It's only for the 2 WC spots tie and you get home field. When it results in making the playoffs, an extra game is played. You don't play an extra for the division anymore either (say if we had of tied Boston).

King Mapes

Sub to My YouTube Blocks_4_days
Feb 9, 2008
Edmonton
You mean a regular season tie break with Detroit for the second wild card spot and then the wild card game vs. Baltimore?

Yup. So we'd have 2 extra games in "must win".

So ya, we need to outright beat them in the standings. I can't handle that.

Longshot

Jul 2, 2008
Ontario, Canada
It's only for the 2 WC spots tie and you get home field. When it results in making the playoffs, an extra game is played. You don't play an extra for the division anymore either (say if we had of tied Boston).

Yeah, I remembered when I thought about it. All the talk about tie breakers, etc. can get confusing.

If they finished tied for the division, they would play a game 163, if neither team was good enough to be either of the wild cards. Which happened once, I believe, during the days of just one wild card team. In other words: the wild card team had a better record than the two teams tied for the division.

Superstar

"Be water, my friend."
Jun 25, 2008
Right handers were hitting under .150 I believe on the season. He's a very good reliever.

Sure, but look at Carrera's approach. I'm sure that reliever was sweating a bit with 2 Jays at 2nd and 3rd. Take the patient approach, might even get a walk, but take a hack on the first pitch and not even get a sac fly? (He just walked Pillar).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad