Blue Jays GDT: (2016 v24) Next: @ NYY| Tues, Sept 6| 7pmET/4pmPT | Sanchez vs Cessa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Longshot

Jul 2, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Lots of stuff happened in that game. But a big difference? Yankees pulled Betances when it was clear he was crap. Jays left Grilli in when it was clear he was crap.

Grilli should have been out of the game after Castro's sac. fly.

Matt24

Apr 8, 2013
Lots of stuff happened in that game. But a big difference? Yankees pulled Betances when it was clear he was crap. Jays left Grilli in when it was clear he was crap.

Grilli should have been out of the game after Castro's sac. fly.

This is a good point.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
He hit the ball 2 feet short of a home run. Stop.

Okay? Is there a stat for almost HRs or does it just count as a flyball? Because he still went hitless this game and ****ing sucks. Twice he did nothing with the bases loaded as he's doing all season.

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
And what were they before the Tamp/NY series so far?

Not a good time to start losing games. The season is no longer 100+ games.

1-4 in September is what he's talking about...

I never said it was a good time to start losing games. It never is. Point being, they have been good against the East (well, except against the Rays).

You can't just discount the wins they recorded against their division earlier in the year. Those are pretty crucial too and got them into this position in the first place.

Matt24

Apr 8, 2013
Okay? Is there a stat for almost HRs or does it just count as a flyball? Because he still went hitless this game and ****ing sucks. Twice he did nothing with the bases loaded as he's doing all season.

If Pillar did that, it would have been a tie game, is all I'm saying.

Josh92

Mar 29, 2016

Bro I hate smoak as much as the next guy but he put a nice swing on that ball it was just a pillar esque catch from brett. It happens. What makes it sting more is that was the final out of the Game

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
If Pillar did that, it would have been a tie game, is all I'm saying.

And all I'm saying is I didn't expect Smoak to do anything that at bat as his .130 average with bases loaded indicates and his general garbage play.

Josh92

Mar 29, 2016
Most parks they would be a HRs.

Navarros hit last night would not have been a homer anywhere lmao. Yankees rightfield porch is the shallowest in mlb and thats where he hit it iunno what your talking about

Josh92

Mar 29, 2016
Pillar reminds me of Lawrie in the box. Way to jumpy, swings at bad pitches and takes good pitches.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
By the way, what happens if catcher's interference is called? It's just an automatic base for the batter?

frost king

Dec 11, 2013
Pillar reminds me of Lawrie in the box. Way to jumpy, swings at bad pitches and takes good pitches.

Pillar is the equivalent of Lawrie. Except one I s an OF and the other an infielder. In fact, Lawrie has had a better offensive season than Pillar.l

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->