2016 Retired/Euro List

Canuck09

Jul 4, 2004
Vancouver
Time for a new list. Please post all players who have retired or signed in Europe here. Don't forget to include a link as it makes things much easier on me.

Douglas...can you replace the old sticky with this one?

Last edited:

Wildman

Feb 28, 2002
Toronto
Time for a new list. Please post all players who have retired or signed in Europe here. Don't forget to include a link as it makes things much easier on me.

Douglas...can you replace the old sticky with this one?

Nathan Horton did not play last year and most likely won't be returning to NHL. Please remove him from my roster.

Fooladelfia

Nov 11, 2007
Sami Aittokallio play 0 game in NHL so put him in prospect list

Todd Bertuzzi NBT play 0 games in NHL last year put him in my prospect list or retire him please

Thanks

Canuck09

Jul 4, 2004
Vancouver
Nathan Horton did not play last year and most likely won't be returning to NHL. Please remove him from my roster.

Moved to prospect list until he officially retires under the injured player clause. Would it take a full buyout to get him off the roster completely as he's still under contract in the NHL? Brock...thoughts?

Done.

Sami Aittokallio play 0 game in NHL so put him in prospect list

Todd Bertuzzi NBT play 0 games in NHL last year put him in my prospect list or retire him please

Thanks

Both of these guys played pro hockey in NA last year so remain roster players unless they retire or sign in Europe.

Wildman

Feb 28, 2002
Toronto
Moved to prospect list until he officially retires under the injured player clause. Would it take a full buyout to get him off the roster completely as he's still under contract in the NHL? Brock...thoughts?

Done.

Both of these guys played pro hockey in NA last year so remain roster players unless they retire or sign in Europe.

I had consulted Brock before making trade for Horton and this is what I understood from him. I don't see any reason for him to be on my prospect list and occupy a roster spot. I could argue as well that players going to Europe while under contract should be retain as they might come back to NHL one day.

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
ohlprospects.blogspot.com

Horton can be moved to the prospect list and Hasnain can choose to do with him as he wishes from there.

Lord Stanley

Revoluccion Leader
Feb 24, 2003
In your head
revoluccionsoup.sauna.ca
I had consulted Brock before making trade for Horton and this is what I understood from him. I don't see any reason for him to be on my prospect list and occupy a roster spot. I could argue as well that players going to Europe while under contract should be retain as they might come back to NHL one day.

Horton can be moved to the prospect list and Hasnain can choose to do with him as he wishes from there.

I would like to move Sami Salo removed as well seeing as he did not play last year.

Canuck09

Jul 4, 2004
Vancouver
For the Kings:

Ben Fanelli has stopped playing hockey, never turned pro and didn't play any games anywhere last year.
http://www.torontosun.com/2015/03/1...er-talks-life-after-career-changing-head-shot

Alex Basso decided to play in the CIS instead of turn pro. Does he come off my roster?
http://www.ryersonrams.ca/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=22300&ATCLID=209675088
http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=45389

I believe since Basso hasn't retired or left for Europe he remains on your roster until he does so or his contract expires next season. Brock, if CIS is the same as retiring let me know and I'll drop him.

Everything else up to here is complete.

Canuck09

Jul 4, 2004
Vancouver
Last two processed.

It doesn't look like we have a mod from the league any longer so we can't. Douglas...are you able to get that status back or should someone else try?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad