2016 NHL Playoffs Bracket Challenge

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Between Ana/LA/Chi/Dal/STL....I honestly have no idea in the west. It wouldn't even surprise me to see Nsh go far. All those teams have had mixed seasons minus maybe Dallas. The Kings and Hawks aren't as good as they were in their cup winning years imo so it's leaving the door open for Ana/Dal/STL who all looked really good in the regular season but with coaches who have playoff question marks.

I picked Anaheim over Nashville in seven, but if NSH manages to beat Anaheim then yeah. They could go far IMO.

I think Nashville is one of those teams who will put up a huge fight, but I don't trust their goal-tending anymore.

ArWKo

Jul 2, 2009
CO
Yeah, and I can click on each of you, and it opens (doesn't reveal anything, though)
But when I click on my own, it does nothing -- it's grayed out.

It's the way they set it ups that's really confusing - if you click on "My Bracket" near the top it will take you to your bracket and that is your bracket for ANY league you sign up for under that "Bracket Name"

If you click the "Add a Bracket" you will have to create a new name for that bracket and you can sign that bracket up to whatever leagues you want.

I was really confused as first too because I thought each league I joined I would fill out a new bracket, but nope every league you enter under "Current Bracket XYZ" is that same bracket, just in different leagues.

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland
Well, as long as I start racking up points as the game goes on, I'm fine.

If it turns out I did it wrong, and I'm not in the game, I'll calmly go on a killing rampage...

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
I picked Anaheim over Nashville in seven, but if NSH manages to beat Anaheim then yeah. They could go far IMO.

I think Nashville is one of those teams who will put up a huge fight, but I don't trust their goal-tending anymore.

Their goaltending got better late in the season imo. Forsberg also heated up plus Johansen's been helpful.

We definetely didn't get outplayed by Nsh though to the same extent that we got outplayed by the others if you wanna use that as a gauge lol. Dallas and STL especially just seemed dominant. The thing is though that I'm weary of picking Dallas because I don't think a team goes from missing the playoffs to the cup final the next year unless they missed it by fluke.

Honestly I'm leaning towards the three Eastern teams actually winning it, Wsh/TB and maybe Pit. Wsh because of coaching and the season they had and TB because of what they did last year plus Cooper.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Their goaltending got better late in the season imo. Forsberg also heated up plus Johansen's been helpful.

We definetely didn't get outplayed by Nsh though to the same extent that we got outplayed by the others if you wanna use that as a gauge lol. Dallas and STL especially just seemed dominant. The thing is though that I'm weary of picking Dallas because I don't think a team goes from missing the playoffs to the cup final the next year unless they missed it by fluke.

Honestly I'm leaning towards the three Eastern teams actually winning it, Wsh/TB and maybe Pit. Wsh because of coaching and the season they had and TB because of what they did last year plus Cooper.

I'd love to believe in Tampa, but with Stralman and Stamkos injured. The only reason I picked Tampa over Detroit in fewer than seven games is purely because of how bad Detroit has been when it comes to goal-tending.

I don't trust Rinne to be that deciding factor that pushes them over Anaheim in the end. However if Ryjo explodes because he gives a **** during the playoffs who knows.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
I joined. I picked them last year to win it and it didn't work, but I'm going with Anaheim.

Their young goal-tending being a year older, the young defense being more established, and the team having the ability to play very strong defensive hockey should all have positive impacts in the playoffs this year.

I couldn't bring myself to pick any other team over them throughout the bracket. Even against Washington IMO, but that was a very difficult choice.

I eventually chose Anaheim over WSH simply because of the stigma that Presidents trophy teams have lol. I couldn't find a decisive factor for picking one over the other besides that.

It so difficult to completely trust Anaheim's dominance, but it's so difficult to go against them as well.

To the window!
Sponsor
Jan 15, 2011
Mt Holly, NC
I'm in as badmofo......because that was my name in another bracket, lol.

Got the Kings over the Penguins in the finals.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Man it's going to suck if Anaheim screws it up in game seven. The media just showed them losing the last four or five years in the row or something in game 7s at home.

Three of the top four in our league have Anaheim lol

SuperJoe

Feb 24, 2010
Royal City
Well it's looking really good for me unless both SJ and Pitt **** to bed. SJ were my team from the get go, I'm glad they are doing well

LieutenantDangle

Barry McKockner
Oct 28, 2014
'Merica
hey i took 3rd. not bad. if i had picked the sharks instead of the kings to lose to the pens in the finals I'd have had one crazy good bracket

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad