Prospect Info: 2016 NHL Draft.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stickpucker

Playmaka
Jan 18, 2014
I think Browns jersey should read big dookie.

RF : "with x pick the Carolina Hurricanes are proud to select big dookie"

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
Not me. The only thing I'm going to lose my **** over is if we pass over talent at either 1st-round pick because the guy we take instead has "great speed for his size", is "a workout warrior", "plays a 200' game", "will be dominant if he can just develop their _____." (They rarely do.)...or anything else that is a euphemism for "lacks talent but has great intangibles and tries real hard."

Don't pass over diamonds for lumps of coal that might become diamonds.

This kind of thinking led us to draft Lindholm instead of Monahan.

geehaad

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2006

NHL+Entry+Draft+Portraits+c9zlY6H5UtDl.jpg

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
Thinking about it further Bellows might be one of the safest picks the Canes could go for, from a value standpoint anyway. Regardless of how he turns out in the NHL, it is virtually a lock that he is about to have a monster year at BU. He and Keller have great chemistry. His value has increased all year and I just don't see that stopping with his favorable situation.

A lot of guys I worry about stagnating or not taking that next step... I don't see that as a likely scenario with Bellows in the short term.

Chan790

Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Bingy town, NY

No, Monahan had displayed talent to go with those traits...I'm talking about the guys where there are serious questions about their game but we hear things like "He's got fantastic speed and size, if his offensive instincts ever develop, he's going to be a beast. He always gives great effort and is the last guy off the ice." If he's managed to play hockey his whole life without developing instincts or scoring ability with that kind of commitment to his game, I doubt he's going to at this point. That's not a "project"...it's out-thinking yourself because you've fallen in love with physical traits and mistaken them for talent and potential.

He might be Hanifin-sized with Hanifin-speed, if he's got Larose's innate ability to shoot square into the middle of the goalie's chest when he's got 2/3 of a goal to aim at or beat 2 defenders only to end up carrying the puck into the corner without ever creating a scoring opportunity or putting the puck on net...I daresay he's probably not magically going to turn into an offensively-gifted player.

Unsustainable

Bunch of Jerks
Apr 14, 2012
Charlotte, NC
Thinking about it further Bellows might be one of the safest picks the Canes could go for, from a value standpoint anyway. Regardless of how he turns out in the NHL, it is virtually a lock that he is about to have a monster year at BU. He and Keller have great chemistry. His value has increased all year and I just don't see that stopping with his favorable situation.

A lot of guys I worry about stagnating or not taking that next step... I don't see that as a likely scenario with Bellows in the short term.

I'm on team Bellows

TheOllieC

cajun filet
Jul 12, 2013
Charlotte, NC
One of my favorite days of the year.

Will be hype if they can get Brown, Keller, or Jost. Bellows would be good too. I'd like Gauthier or Kunin at 21.

Don't really dislike any of the players slated around where they're picking which doesn't happen often.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->