OT: 2016 NFL Offseason/Draft talk thread

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
I forget the specifics, but didn't Tunsil have some kinda weird, CSI-esque issue last year about borrowing a car from a dealership while his was in the shop, or something?

Robo, where are you to clear **** up :laugh:

Brock Anton

flames #badnwagon
Nov 8, 2009
Westerly, RI
jerruh is the mayhem

darfts running back 4th oa

I don't get it either. They had Ramsey staring them right in the face and they take a guy who's not even a better prospect than Gurley. Plus, it's dumb to even take a RB this year with Fournette, Cook, Chubb and McCaffrey all likely in the 2017 draft.

I mean, Elliott should be a decent player behind that offensive line... but so could Alfred Morris.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Jags win the draft. 2 top 5 worthy picks thirty spots apart

If Jack is healthy, it's a huge win. If his issues are real and impact him, it could be a dud. Boom or bust for sure, but a good risk to take.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
It's a bit hard to say. I think he could have been a first round caliber guy had he stayed another year ala Joseph from last year, but the kid has a lot of skill and was a big part of one of the best secondaries in college football last year.

Sens1Canes2

May 13, 2007
I don't get it either. They had Ramsey staring them right in the face and they take a guy who's not even a better prospect than Gurley. Plus, it's dumb to even take a RB this year with Fournette, Cook, Chubb and McCaffrey all likely in the 2017 draft.

I mean, Elliott should be a decent player behind that offensive line... but so could Alfred Morris.

I'm ok with it. They must believe that Byron Jones (their first from last year) will be just as good at safety as Ramsey, or at least close,

Elliott is damn good, let's not split hairs here. Behind that line, he should be the workhorse, 25-30 carry guy that DeMarco Murray was 2 years ago. This pick was about right now...protecting Romo by having the team have a consistent backfield threat, McFadden and Morris would have been ok, Elliott makes that threat great. IMO.

Buenos Necas

lets go canes
Jul 18, 2009
Raleigh, NC
Certainly seems like the Panthers doubled down on their type of corner; long and rangy athlete (both 6'1 with 33"+ arms) with great ball skills. If one of them can turn out to be a solid starter, that group looks much better with Bene and Boykin.

And on the local front, the Patriots double dipped on State guys with Thuney and Brissett in the 3rd. Excited for those two, Thuney should contribute pretty soon with his versatility and eventually settle in as an interior guy. Brissett probably lands his ideal situation, gets to learn from Brady/McDaniels, then compete to replace him in a couple years.

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
the jaguars have killed it thus far

also, funny story:

we flew a guy to london, all expenses paid plus spending cash to announce the 146th oa pick on national tv (huge jags following in the uk)

then

they traded the 146th oa pick to move up to get jack

free trip to london tho, so that is still pretty baller

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
I forget the specifics, but didn't Tunsil have some kinda weird, CSI-esque issue last year about borrowing a car from a dealership while his was in the shop, or something?

Robo, where are you to clear **** up :laugh:

Homeboy's car broke down, a local dealership gave him a loaner to use "while we fix it" which turned into an open-ended arrangement. Problem is the dealership is owned by an Ole Miss booster....yeah, welcome to the SEC though.

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
I did enjoy the story about the Panthers drafting the kid who got the phone call while he was trying to fix his mom's toilet. That's ****ing awesome.

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
Homeboy's car broke down, a local dealership gave him a loaner to use "while we fix it" which turned into an open-ended arrangement. Problem is the dealership is owned by an Ole Miss booster....yeah, welcome to the SEC though.

bah, that's bad, but it's nowhere close to Bobby Petrino and his $10,000 a week "strength and conditioning coach" :laugh:

petrino_large.jpg

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
On another note, with Joseph going #14 to the Raiders on Thursday, WVU is now the only school to have a top 15 draft selection in 4 of the last 5 drafts.

Yes, over Bama, OSU, FSU, and all the other football factories.

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
were i a starting nfl qb and oakland was on my schedule this year, i would officially guarantee at least one sick day this year, even if i was perfectly healthy

Unsustainable

Bunch of Jerks
Apr 14, 2012
Charlotte, NC
Certainly seems like the Panthers doubled down on their type of corner; long and rangy athlete (both 6'1 with 33"+ arms) with great ball skills. If one of them can turn out to be a solid starter, that group looks much better with Bene and Boykin.

And on the local front, the Patriots double dipped on State guys with Thuney and Brissett in the 3rd. Excited for those two, Thuney should contribute pretty soon with his versatility and eventually settle in as an interior guy. Brissett probably lands his ideal situation, gets to learn from Brady/McDaniels, then compete to replace him in a couple years.

Who did the Pats take in the 1st?

Mic Drop

Unsustainable

Bunch of Jerks
Apr 14, 2012
Charlotte, NC
It's a bit hard to say. I think he could have been a first round caliber guy had he stayed another year ala Joseph from last year, but the kid has a lot of skill and was a big part of one of the best secondaries in college football last year.

With the Panthers pressure and LBs, Worley is going to be awesome for us.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->