2016 Draft Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rzombo4 prez

May 17, 2012
Well, how many other d men in this draft are as skilled as Girard?

Kind of unfair comparison. Believe the draw to Mete would be good skill, elite skating, and very good hockey sense.

Risky pick though.

I guess what I was trying to say is that it is so difficult to make the NHL as an undersized defensemen that you really need to be firing on all skills and attributes other than size to make it. From what I have seen of Mete, I think you need to be more skilled with the puck to have a chance of making it to the NHL. Smaller guys need to be able to get the puck out of the defensive zone really really quickly and need to be very good at keeping the puck in the offensive zone. If a smaller guy doesn't bring well above average puck skills, why not just take a larger guy with a similar amount of skill?

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
Remember that old story about how Vancouver only took Edler because they found out Detroit wanted him?

So... which defender does Nashville want?

That's a thing? Ok I'll root against Vancouver from now on

Yeah we don't need any small dmen anymore. We already have villi and hicketts

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
I guess what I was trying to say is that it is so difficult to make the NHL as an undersized defensemen that you really need to be firing on all skills and attributes other than size to make it. From what I have seen of Mete, I think you need to be more skilled with the puck to have a chance of making it to the NHL. Smaller guys need to be able to get the puck out of the defensive zone really really quickly and need to be very good at keeping the puck in the offensive zone. If a smaller guy doesn't bring well above average puck skills, why not just take a larger guy with a similar amount of skill?

I mean, he's a project pick, and I think his draft position will reflect that. I'd guess he goes a round or two after Girard does.

But if he grows an inch or two and gains some weight, you have the foundation for a pretty damn good defenseman.

And I don't think he is in danger in the defensive zone because I think he can just transport the puck if he gets in trouble. Also don't think Pronman would have him ranked where he does if he wasn't more skilled, dude is famous for preferring skilled players.

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012
Based on their names alone I can tell Mete is likely going to bust and Girard has a great chance of becoming a star.

Meh. I think Girard has a good chance of becoming an okay NHL player. Name is too close to Dan Girardi for me to expect stardom. Agree on Mete busting by just using name though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad