Prospect Info: 2016 Development Camp July 3-7

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Connor didn't score but his speed, skill, shiftiness, ability to make plays at speed were all on display. He was Blue's best player

Roslovic really had a great camp. He was White's best player. He's been a mystery hidden away at Miami but he improved a lot from last camp

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
Blomqvist lined up as a Dman for Blue quite a bit. Another 6'7" blue liner in the making? :sarcasm:

CanWin

What happens now?
Mar 7, 2014
Winnerpeg
Just got back from the scrimmage.

Starting to look for a good recipe for crow. I thought Stanley was one of the best players on the ice today.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Brief summary from Development Camp (I caught the Sunday session and both intra-squad games)....

The Very Good

Roslovic - Strong all week, and really good in both games. He has excellent speed, very good hands, good vision and is very aggressive on the puck. Looks like he has very good NHL potential.

Connor - Blazing speed and excellent quickness. Is a notch higher than most players in terms of his quickness and processing the game. Set up a couple of beauties in the scrimmage today. Will be even more effective with more skilled line-mates.

Foley - Lots of quickness and excellent along the boards. Good shot. Looks like he could have 4th line NHL potential.

The Good

Lemieux - Showed very good quickness and very good skills. I'd have him in the V. Good category except I was a bit unimpressed with how he handled himself in today's scrimmage - a few shifts that were too long.

Stanley - Okay, I don't want to place too much importance on Development Camp, but he impressed me more as the week went on. I thought he was a stand-out in the scrimmage today. He was solid defensively, made a lot of good passes that showed vision and awareness, a couple of "Stanley dangles", and a couple of beautiful snipes (wristers to the corners). He is still sometimes a bit clumsy with the puck, and needs to be quicker, but there's a lot to work with for a big D who just turned 18 years old.

Poolman - I thought he was strong all week. He's a very good skater with excellent size and skills.

Green - He has excellent skating and an aggressive attitude with the puck. He needs to work a lot on his defensive game, and will need to get much stronger, but he is noticeable in a good way.

Schueneman - Never heard of this guy before, but he really impressed me. One of the best D in the scrimmages. Great skater, and smart with the puck. He's on the small side, and needs better vision, but he has a very good skillset.

The Okay

Harkins - Works very hard, solid in his own zone, and has good vision and smarts. But he still needs another gear to become a good player.

Nogier - Very good mobility, plays a solid defensive game, lacks puck skills. Had a ton of shots on goal in the game today, and finally scored one.

Cederholm - Was good on Tuesday, not as good today in the 4v4 format. He's big and mobile but needs to work on his puck skills and passing.

Lodge - Had good jump and showed flashes, but at this stage he needs to show more to be a legit prospect.

The Bad

Kostalek - Didn't like his game much at all, especially with the puck. Couldn't seem to make a single pass today. Must have put about 4 pucks directly into a player's feet, even when he didn't have much pressure. He is mobile and plays good positionally, but he needs better decision-making with the puck.

CanWin

What happens now?
Mar 7, 2014
Winnerpeg
Poolman must have been injured in about the middle of the first period. That was unfortunate. He was one of the players that I most wanted to watch. What I saw in the short time I was out there, I liked. He and Stanley looked good together.

Nogier also had a good game. I'm looking forward to his presence on the Moose this year.

Roslovic and Connor had a few highlight moments, but they didn't stand out as much as I imagined when I heard the descriptions from Tuesday's scrimmage.

Blomqvist has come a long way with his skating from two years ago. He doesn't look awkward anymore on his legs as a big guy. I wonder what one or two more years with the Moose will bring?

Aavco Cup

Sep 5, 2013
Of the invitees the most interesting to me was Rowe - Huge, not flashy but goes to the dirty areas and has enough hands to bury rebounds.

JetsUK

Oct 1, 2015
Blomqvist lined up as a Dman for Blue quite a bit. Another 6'7" blue liner in the making? :sarcasm:

Noticed that the other day. Actually thought he looked pretty good there, and much better overall than I'd seen from him before.

ICdave

May 11, 2009
Winnipeg, Manitoba
www.illegalcurve.com
Kyle-Connor-last-day-of-D-Camp-300x225.jpg

Kyle Connor scrum topics: Assessing the week. How did he find the speed of the games. What is the biggest thing he wants to focus on coming into his first NHL camp. Which prospects stood out to him? How valuable was it to have a practice with Paul Maurice? On his mindset as he tries to nail down a spot with the Jets. Does he have a preference for right or left side?

Logan Stanley scrum topics: Long week? What has stood out the most? What has he taken from the off ice aspect of camp? Showcasing his skill to fans. Does this week set the bar for training for summer? What does he feel he showed his coaches this week? Was he nervous at all?

To listen click here.

ICdave

May 11, 2009
Winnipeg, Manitoba
www.illegalcurve.com
Kevin-Cheveldayoff-closes-out-D-camp-300x225.jpg

Kevin Cheveldayoff: His initial thoughts on the week. On the players learning to be professionals. What has he learned about Logan Stanley in the days following the draft? Having Paul Maurice run a day of the camp. Where will Sami Niku play this year? Is there less pressure on Kyle Connor going into camp with all the Patrik Laine hype? What is the status of Pavel Kraskovsky? Where will Mikhail Berdin play? Status of Marcus Karlstrom? From year one to this point, a look at the talent in the pool. Open to adding another UFA D? Mathieu Perreault contract extension announcement. What is the biggest thing he has brought to the organization since he came over from Anaheim? Does he like the forward depth of his team?

To listen click here.

Deif

Sep 20, 2014
Kevin-Cheveldayoff-closes-out-D-camp-300x225.jpg

Kevin Cheveldayoff: His initial thoughts on the week. On the players learning to be professionals. What has he learned about Logan Stanley in the days following the draft? Having Paul Maurice run a day of the camp. Where will Sami Niku play this year? Is there less pressure on Kyle Connor going into camp with all the Patrik Laine hype? What is the status of Pavel Kraskovsky? Where will Mikhail Berdin play? Status of Marcus Karlstrom? From year one to this point, a look at the talent in the pool. Open to adding another UFA D? Mathieu Perreault contract extension announcement. What is the biggest thing he has brought to the organization since he came over from Anaheim? Does he like the forward depth of his team?

To listen click here.

Wow, nice questions. This should be an interesting listen.

edit: Wasn't as interesting as I thought it would be. Thanks Chevy. :laugh:

Last edited:

Zhamnov10

Jul 17, 2011
Not an official boxscore but this is how the scoring actually should have been after reviewing the highlights video.

1st Period

1. WHITE Roslovic (Foley)

2nd Period

2. BLUE Appleton (Lemieux McRae)
3. BLUE Stallard (Rowe Harkins)
4. BLUE Rowe (Blomqvist)
5. WHITE Roslovic (Lodge Ustaski)
6. WHITE Lodge (Foley Woods)

3rd Period

7. BLUE Gennaro (Poolman Appleton)
8. WHITE Pritchard (Roslovic Lodge)
9. WHITE Foley PS
10. BLUE Lemieux (Poolman Appleton)

Overtime

11. WHITE Foley (Nogier Roslovic)

Roslovic's first goal was a pass from Luke green

Gotmilt*

Jun 23, 2011
Winnipeg
i only caught the second half of the scrimmage but a couple things that stood out

-Stanley is a lot better than people have given him credit for. One of the few defencemen that really stood out, that dangle and snipe was just NHL quality.

-Kyle Connor made some really nice plays with the puck in our zone, very similar player to Ehlers in my eyes.

-Foley is really fast and has a great release on his wrister, constantly created odd man rushes with his speed.

-really didnt like Lemieux game, constantly got the puck then slowed down in the neutral zone and tried to do too much. Needs to simplify his game if he's gonna make the big squad.

CanWin

What happens now?
Mar 7, 2014
Winnerpeg
i only caught the second half of the scrimmage but a couple things that stood out

-Stanley is a lot better than people have given him credit for. One of the few defencemen that really stood out, that dangle and snipe was just NHL quality.
I don't think I said it clearly enough before . . . I love our Logan Stanley. His long reach fooled our prospects almost all the time. His poke check regularly stripped opposing players of the puck. Will this work at the NHL level? He has a few more years to work on his arsenal, but his crazy long reach will come in handy at the Show as well methinks.

His long strides make it really hard to strip him of the puck as well. It's hard for me to explain the details on that one. It is just something that I observed repeatedly.

I was not impressed much with Green. He has further to go to reach the NHL than Stanley does as far as I am concerned for sure.

Lemieux also did not impress me today. He regularly took too long shifts. What he contributed during the extra time that he stayed on the ice did not warrant the liberties that he took in that regard.

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
I don't think I said it clearly enough before . . . I love our Logan Stanley. His long reach fooled our prospects almost all the time. His poke check regularly stripped opposing players of the puck. Will this work at the NHL level? He has a few more years to work on his arsenal, but his crazy long reach will come in handy at the Show as well methinks.

His long strides make it really hard to strip him of the puck as well. It's hard for me to explain the details on that one. It is just something that I observed repeatedly.

I was not impressed much with Green. He has further to go to reach the NHL than Stanley does as far as I am concerned for sure.

Lemieux also did not impress me today. He regularly took too long shifts. What he contributed during the extra time that he stayed on the ice did not warrant the liberties that he took in that regard.

A few mentioned the long shift thing and I get it, but this is not a full roster they are playing with either. I noticed last game Roslo would take over 1 min shifts and then come off with a whistle being blown 10 seconds later, who does coach send out.....Roslo again. Tough to gauge those in a scrimmage, itll be different in camp.

Zhamnov10

Jul 17, 2011
The commentator said that but he was wrong. It was give and go with Foley

Nope it was Green watch the highlights,Green shoots right foley shoots left.I was at the game and noticed it was Green that made the nice pass when it happened

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->