2016 Blues Playoff Avatars - VOTE for THEME

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
Based on the ideas kicked around in the previous thread, I've assembled a list of Finalists:

Teams with Better Chances of Winning than The Blues
Boozing with the Blues
Bandwagon our Opponents, beforehand
Blatant theft of another team's theme
Underachievers
Cup Chase - Golf-course themed
Don Quixote
Hitch Photoshops - Cpt. Kangaroo/Paul Bearer
Justice League - Marvel - DC - Superheroes
Other - Please nominate
Free for all - Every Man (and woman) for themselves

Voting will be open for 3 days only, so that creation may begin (or continue)

Last edited by a moderator:

HappyGilmore

May 5, 2015
Bandwagon. If you can't beat em join em

Are you really willing to adopt this mentality if we play Chicago in the first round?

I am sure as hell not joining anything they are a part of. Just come up with our own thing. We only do this once a year anyways.

Celtic Note

Living the dream
Dec 22, 2006
The fact that we are talking about bastardizing the Blues logo for the bandwagon theme makes it a complete no go for me. I know I can be hard on these guys, but I do still respect and have pride in the blue note.

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
Voted for Don Quixote (because charging windmills lol), but FWIW if the result is bandwagon our opponent I will not be participating.

2 Minute Minor

Hi Keeba!
Jun 3, 2008
Temple, Texas
Voted for Don Quixote (because charging windmills lol), but FWIW if the result is bandwagon our opponent I will not be participating.

I'll probably keep my current avatar too. I like seeing the community effort, but nothing really grabs me. I think the bandwagon avatars are a little too cynical for my taste. Somehow the golf ones were a bit more light hearted.

The Note

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 13, 2011
KCMO
Teams with a better shot at the cup for me. I mean idt the teams gonna do much in the playoffs but mashing the Blues logo together with another western conference team is just...gross.

Stealth JD

Don't condescend me, man.
Sponsor
Jan 16, 2006
Bonita Springs, FL
Teams with a better shot at the cup for me. I mean idt the teams gonna do much in the playoffs but mashing the Blues logo together with another western conference team is just...gross.

Yeah...i don't necessarily like incorporating the Hawks logo (or any other opponent) with our own...but i'd be down with the Bluenote crossed out and replaced with another teams logo on the next slide, and an obvious sarcastic comment about joining their bandwagon after their "win". Kind of like being absorbed, Highlander-style.

67Blues

Got it for Bobby
Mar 22, 2013
Section 111
Something feels dirty about associating anything with the Blackhawks. I need a shower now just thinking about it. :laugh:

2 Minute Minor

Hi Keeba!
Jun 3, 2008
Temple, Texas
One last idea, bear with me here:

Back to the Future. (Hitchcock and Doc Brown could have a thing going.)

The main point is that the Blues need to have a "Get your damn hands off her Biff!" moment, where they go from having a destiny of being that nerdy failure, to changing the whole timeline....and becoming a successful Stanley Cup Champion.

1.21 GAA! 1.21 GAA!!!! (instead of jigawatts)

Lots of room for 80s type of funny images.

Could throw in the sequels and you have the old west, futuristic, etc.

This post-season the Blues have to go back in time and change their destiny, or be irrelevant forever.

EDIT: Whose Biff? Depends who we play. Maybe Quick? Maybe Quinneville.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad