2016 Blue Bombers thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

nobody important

the pessimist returns
Jul 12, 2015
a quiet suburb
Sun is saying Miller blasted the official upstairs at halftime pretty good. Maybe blast your coach like that.

If that's for the play I'm thinking of, they even said the upstairs official can't call a penalty even if they see one, only confirm or overrule a call by an on-field official. And really, what is tearing a strip off an official going to do, except put your team in a position where calls (or non-calls) might just never go their way? Don't piss off the striped shirts should be a lesson learned early by everyone from team owner on down.

Of course, we might be in a better position if we had a team owner with actual money invested in this enterprise instead of our ever-changing group of volunteers.

scelaton

Jul 5, 2012
If that's for the play I'm thinking of, they even said the upstairs official can't call a penalty even if they see one, only confirm or overrule a call by an on-field official. And really, what is tearing a strip off an official going to do, except put your team in a position where calls (or non-calls) might just never go their way? Don't piss off the striped shirts should be a lesson learned early by everyone from team owner on down.

Of course, we might be in a better position if we had a team owner with actual money invested in this enterprise instead of our ever-changing group of volunteers.

Sask and Edmonton have done just fine as community-owned teams.

nobody important

the pessimist returns
Jul 12, 2015
a quiet suburb
Sask and Edmonton have done just fine as community-owned teams.

Good for them, but it doesn't seem to be working here of late. When mediocrity becomes entrenched in a group, it can be hard to change. Especially if you have an old guard that is resistant to ideas brought in by the new members. I'm not saying the Bomber board has this dynamic, but their record hardly inspires confidence.

And I realize that having a private owner is no guarantee, either. Sports is littered with the carcasses of failed teams who have suffered at the hands of stupid, meddling owners. But if we could get an owner with a proven record of successful franchise building? Someone like... Mark Chipman?

<ducking> ;)

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
Prob is bad hires then they fire and end up paying them for years to come, guys like berry, kelly. Now if they fire oshea will end up paying him as well. Key is hire a good gm and coach. Benavides was my choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->