OT: 2016 American Football Discussion (NFL, College)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
This has to be the worst playoffs in a long time as far as the NFL goes.

It seems like there hasn't been any good, close games.

Edmonton East

BUT the ADvaNCEd STatS...
Nov 25, 2007
I'm torn on this game. I do think NE runs for over 150 yards though, as I expect them to be heavy run early.

DenisSamson3

Sep 13, 2007
I read an article that stated that Tom Brady's 40 yard dash has improved over the last few seasons. He now runs the same time as he did in college. He also wants to play till 45. Interesting to see that athletes can still improve in their later years.

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
The XFL 30 for 30 was just amazing. So well done and so many amazing stories that are almost too ridiculous to even believe they are true but it explains why the league failed overall.

Anyone actually go to any games? I went to one at the Giants stadium to see the Los Angeles Xtreme play the NY/NJ Hitmen.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
The XFL 30 for 30 was just amazing. So well done and so many amazing stories that are almost too ridiculous to even believe they are true but it explains why the league failed overall.

Anyone actually go to any games? I went to one at the Giants stadium to see the Los Angeles Xtreme play the NY/NJ Hitmen.

I'll have to watch it.

I caught a few Hitmen games.
Had a blast at them.

I havnt thought about that league in so many years.

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto

I'll have to watch it.

I caught a few Hitmen games.
Had a blast at them.

I havnt thought about that league in so many years.

LOL!!!!! :laugh: :biglaugh: ….makes the shootout look respectable

Last edited:

Basement Cat

Frank Drebin
Nov 3, 2008
Hoboken, NJ
Obviously the Falcons will have the backing of most NFL fans in this one as New England is the boogeyman.

So as a Giants fan...I kinda want the Patriots to win. Reason is that I want to be able to say that only Eli beat Tom in the Super Bowl and he did it twice!

I can't be the only one right?

Edmonton East

BUT the ADvaNCEd STatS...
Nov 25, 2007
Obviously the Falcons will have the backing of most NFL fans in this one as New England is the boogeyman.

So as a Giants fan...I kinda want the Patriots to win. Reason is that I want to be able to say that only Eli beat Tom in the Super Bowl and he did it twice!

I can't be the only one right?

Giants fan here "rooting" for the Patriots as well. Pretty much the same reason. And I'm a big Tom Brady fan.

tr83

Nope, still embarassed
Oct 14, 2013
Jersey Shore
Anyone else feeling meh about the SB?

Maybe because I've almost aged out? :dunno: That would explain why advertisers target the 18-34 graphic

DenisSamson3

Sep 13, 2007
Finally know why Bill Belichik dresses the way he does.
According to sources through the years, after Reebok inked a reported $250 million deal as the official outfitter of the NFL in the early 2000s, one of the tenets of the contract was that coaches would wear their gear.

Belichick rejected the concept on principle, arguing that some NFL executive in New York shouldn’t be telling grown men how to dress. He’s a coach, not a fashion model, after all, and the whole thing felt ridiculous.

That didn’t mean he could ignore it forever, so when presented with all of the acceptable items to wear, Belichick purposefully chose what he believed was the least fashionable choice … the humble grey hoodie. He soon even chopped the sleeves off of it, often with crooked and sloppy cuts, perhaps in an effort to make it less attractive.

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2015/11/bil...ff-buy-why-does-he-wear-it-reason-nike-origin

Curious to know Michael Moore's reasoning.

tr83

Nope, still embarassed
Oct 14, 2013
Jersey Shore
So Terrell Davis gets in to the HOF but Owens didn't?

Sportswriters are sanctimonious *******s. Owens is like 3rd in almost all receiving categories and was a great showman. I still remember that catch he made against the Packers in the NFC Wild Card game in 1998. That's where he was born

I could have run for 1K yds if the Broncos O-line was blocking for me

Last edited:

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
So Terrell Davis gets in to the HOF but Owens didn't?

Sportswriters are sanctimonious *******s. Owens is like 3rd in almost all receiving categories and was a great showman. I still remember that catch he made against the Packers in the NFC Wild Card game in 1998.

I could have run for 1K yds if the Broncos O-line was blocking for me

On talent I agree but the fact so many respected ex-players and coaches couldn't stand him doesn't help, it's not just writer bashing. The HOF shouldn't be about morality or what a guy's like in the locker room though, especially in the NFL. At least MLB has a specific morality/character clause (which they're now ignoring to put in the steroid guys).

tr83

Nope, still embarassed
Oct 14, 2013
Jersey Shore
On talent I agree but the fact so many respected ex-players and coaches couldn't stand him doesn't help, it's not just writer bashing. The HOF shouldn't be about morality or what a guy's like in the locker room though, especially in the NFL. At least MLB has a specific morality/character clause (which they're now ignoring to put in the steroid guys).

I wonder how they will handle Moss when he's up next year and Brady when it's his turn.

I bet Brady gets in unanimously the first time and Moss won't get in until his second year

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
Any Superb Owl predictions?

I like ATL's defense but they're inexperienced, I have a feeling they'll come out on fire and by the 2nd quarter Brady will be dissecting them.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Got in with ATL getting 4 points.

Even though I'd like NE to win by 3, I predict the Falcons will win the game outright.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad