Prospect Info: 2016-2017 Prospect Stats and Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

oilers'72

Jul 3, 2006
Red Deer, Alta
Adam Brooks got levelled by Turner Ottenbreit. Looked like it could've been a head shot but the replay showed that Brooks saw it coming and contact was in the chest. Brooks had to be helped off and there was some blood but it was suggested that he may have hit head on the ice rather than on Ottenbreit's shoulder.

oilers'72

Jul 3, 2006
Red Deer, Alta
1-0 after two. Shots are 19-16 Regina. Bear took a hit in the latter part of the period and took a moment to get on his skates but wasn't the worse for wear.

oilers'72

Jul 3, 2006
Red Deer, Alta
Going to overtime tied 1-1. Regina had the majority of play in the third but Seattle has some good pressure in the last couple of minutes of the period. Shots are 32-25 Regina after three.

oilers'72

Jul 3, 2006
Red Deer, Alta
Donovan Neuls banged in a rebound 14 seconds into OT to give Seattle a 2-1 victory and a 1-0 series lead. Neuls' goal came after Ethan Bear's shot hit the crossbar and bounced down towards the front of the net where Neuls' put it away. Bear and Regina's Connor Hobbs traded PP goals during regulation time. Carl Stankowski had another good performance, stopping 31 of the 32 shots he faced while Tyler Brown make 24 saves on 26 shots.

Bear had a goal and an assist, was +1 and took a hooking minor. He was also named third star.

JordanGalhanth

Apr 21, 2012
Donovan Neuls banged in a rebound 14 seconds into OT to give Seattle a 2-1 victory and a 1-0 series lead. Neuls' goal came after Ethan Bear's shot hit the crossbar and bounced down towards the front of the net where Neuls' put it away. Bear and Regina's Connor Hobbs traded PP goals during regulation time. Carl Stankowski had another good performance, stopping 31 of the 32 shots he faced while Tyler Brown make 24 saves on 26 shots.

Bear had a goal and an assist, was +1 and took a hooking minor. He was also named third star.

Pretty impressive seeing he's doing that with a broken hand. I broke a finger once and injuries in that area are just brutally painful; I hope he's careful with it.

oilers'72

Jul 3, 2006
Red Deer, Alta
Pretty impressive seeing he's doing that with a broken hand. I broke a finger once and injuries in that area are just brutally painful; I hope he's careful with it.

It was mentioned during the broadcast that he's playing with a guard. It doesn't look like it's affecting his shot and he's not shying away from contact.

oilers'72

Jul 3, 2006
Red Deer, Alta
WHL Final tonight:

Seattle at Regina - Game 2 @ 7 PM (Seattle leads series 1-0)
Watch on Shaw SD Channel 10, HD Channel 304, Blue Sky Channel 604, Shaw Direct HD Channels 120 and 620 or listen at 620 CKRM Regina

Good news for Seattle as Keegan Kolesar has served his one game suspension and is in the lineup. Potential bad news for Regina as Adam Brooks may not dress for tonight.

Seattle pregame video: http://whl.ca/video/whlchampionship-game-2-seattle-thunderbirds-pre-game

Regina pre-game video: http://whl.ca/video/whlchampionship-game-2-regina-pats-pre-game

Game 2 preview video: http://whl.ca/video/whlchampionship-game-2-preview

QMJHL Final tonight:

Blainville-Boisbriand at Saint John - Game 2 @ 4 PM (Saint John leads series 1-0)
Watch on Sportsnet 360

Last edited:

oilers'72

Jul 3, 2006
Red Deer, Alta
Josh Mahura scored his second goal of the game 5:22 into OT as Regina took Game 2 4-3 and tie the series 1-1. Sam Steel and Philip Ahl also got goals fort the Pats while Austin Strand, Turner Ottenbreit and Alexander True scored in a 56 second span in the second for Seattle. Tyler Brown stopped 27 shots for Regina while Carl Stankowski made 22 saves for Seattle.

Ethan Bear had an assist and was even for the game.

McRobbiezyg

Oct 21, 2007
Bear is probably my favourite prospect in our system. Hopefully he can take the next step because the Oilers could use a player of his skill set. Imagine what McDavid and Drai could do with that shot. :amazed:

Its really exciting to have someone like this on the farm. He might be a dark horse to make the team next year just because of his shot!

oilers'72

Jul 3, 2006
Red Deer, Alta
WHL Championship game tonight:

Regina at Seattle - Game 3 @ 8 PM (series tied 1-1)
Watch on Shaw SD Channel 10, HD Channel 304, Blue Sky Channel 604, Shaw Direct HD Channels 120 and 620 or listen at 620 CKRM Regina

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Under the radar prospect for us, Patrick Russell just scored for Denmark at the WC. Nice finish on a two on one.

His game improved a lot over the course of the year imo. Don't know if he'll be an NHLer, but he looked faster and more capable on the offensive side of things as the season progressed. Definitely a guy to look for next season as a candidate to see his offensive production jump. Same applies to Greg Chase.

I also keep forgetting we signed Gambardella. I'm really interested to see what he can do next season as he looked pretty good in his limited sample with Bakersfield.

McMozesmadness

5-14-6-1
Feb 17, 2013
Edmonton, AB
His game improved a lot over the course of the year imo. Don't know if he'll be an NHLer, but he looked faster and more capable on the offensive side of things as the season progressed. Definitely a guy to look for next season as a candidate to see his offensive production jump. Same applies to Greg Chase.

I also keep forgetting we signed Gambardella. I'm really interested to see what he can do next season as he looked pretty good in his limited sample with Bakersfield.

I don't have super high hopes for Russell, but he's gritty and has some skill. I do agree on Chase 100%. He's the one guy people shouldn't sleep on. He looked excellent late in the year. His skating has improved dramatically, e is very fast now. Still a pest, still has high end skill. Very young.

As for Gambardella caught 3 of his games with the Condors and he instantly caught my eye. He'll be my darkhorse to make the Oil next year. He is a guy Todd will love.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Bear is something special to watch on the PP. Perfect crisp passes, excellent shot, great breakouts to start the rush. This guy has some enormous potential as a PP weapon.

Honestly he kind of reminds me of Shattenkirk who also isn't a great skater, but possesses some great offensive tools. Lets hope he can develop into something even somewhat resembling that and we'll be laughing.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad