2016-2017 CHL/NCAA/Euro Prospects Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

habsterr

Jan 5, 2014
Edmonton
Good to see someone realistic enough to put Fucale ahead of McNiven. Fucale just turned 22. Lindgren was still in college at that age. Fucale won the Spengler Cup last year and was great in the playoffs with Brampton. He needs to bring that level every game in the regular season.

DeLaRose is underrated. He finally showed some offense in the second half of last year. Will be for sur a good third line player with size at maturity.

Fucale looked terrible in the AHL and his junior play isn't impressive. Lindgren looked solid in college and AHL. McNiven won OHL goalie of the year. "McNiven will have an opportunity to challenge Zach Fucale for the backup job behind Charlie Lindgren in Laval" from an article

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Fucale looked terrible in the AHL and his junior play isn't impressive. Lindgren looked solid in college and AHL. McNiven won OHL goalie of the year. "McNiven will have an opportunity to challenge Zach Fucale for the backup job behind Charlie Lindgren in Laval" from an article

Yup. The battle for the AHL back-ups is between Fucale and McNiven. The winner stays in Laval, the other heads to Brampton. However, McNiven returning to the OHL is also another possibility.

When Lindgren got called up to back-up Carey Price, Fucale had a few games in St. John's and he did well.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
For me I put a lot of stock into a prospect that just continues to progress, vs ones that don't. We all know that a number of 17/18/19/20 year olds can just peak for various reasons. I have no idea what the NHL future holds for McNiven but he's done just what you want to a tee, he's made big strides each year so far. Mete looks to be another. That doesn't mean they will or won't make it, just for me it's a big plus. McNiven clearly seems to be headed in the right direction, Fucale not so much. He's struggled ever since being drafted, his rebound control is just horrible and he's very inconsistent. That doesn't mean he can't end up being the best of our goalie prospects but for me I wouldn't rank him anywhere near the top 10 until he shows major improvements in his rebound control and is more consistent. Of course that can happen, but until it does i see no harm in having him ranked outside top 10 and even top 15.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad