Waived: 2016-17 Waivers Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

GreatBear

Feb 18, 2009
Newport Beach
He was with the Duck's ECHL affiliate already, so I imagine the Ducks wouldn't have signed him unless he agreed to stay.

And the Ducks in recent years have made a point to carry a lot of goalies, but 7 really is a lot on SPC.

I wonder if this has anything to do with the expansion draft. Right now the Ducks only have two goalies under contract for next year, which is a requirement to eligibility for the expansion draft. Gibson and Tokarski. If they have a trade in the works for Tokarski then they need another goalie under contract so they don't have to expose Gibson. Why anyone would want Tokarski is beyond me, but perhaps a Stanley Cup contender wants insurance at the goalie position, and Tokarski has some NHL game experience. Time will tell.

caley

Aug 19, 2006
twitter.com
Damn Caley,

I was just scouring all the big guys on twitter trying to find news (nothing) and then you come out with a tweet from Syracuse Hockey :handclap:

The problem is most of the big guys on Twitter are either on their way to the All-Star festivities or basically on weekend mode already and using the All-Star break as an extended holiday.

Michel Beauchamp

Canadiens' fan since 1958
Mar 17, 2008
Laval, Qc

caley

Aug 19, 2006
twitter.com
Couldn't find anything indicating either way

A good rule of thumb, is if Bob McKenzie or Eliotte Friedman don't tweet anything or the team doesn't announce anything, then the players cleared. And if you're at school and can't go on Twitter, if someone hasn't posted in here or the main trade forum, by 12:05/12:15 et then you can go ahead and assume they have cleared, as well.

Mike Jones

Apr 12, 2007
Calgary
A good rule of thumb, is if Bob McKenzie or Eliotte Friedman don't tweet anything or the team doesn't announce anything, then the players cleared. And if you're at school and can't go on Twitter, if someone hasn't posted in here or the main trade forum, by 12:05/12:15 et then you can go ahead and assume they have cleared, as well.

This is a good rule of thumb. Does Dreger tweet these kinds of things?

hototogisu

Poked the bear!!!!!
Jun 30, 2006
Montreal, QC
Yet another player who, statistically, sends his team in the right direction that nobody wants to give a chance to.

I don't know if that's fair, Redmond will never be a difference maker but he was pretty serviceable as a 7th D for the Habs. It's just the nature of the game for guys like Redmond to bounce around on the waiver wire because they're not good enough to be anything more.

Personally, I hope he doesn't get claimed just for the extra depth, but (classic HF coming up) I Wouldn't Be Surprised If He Is. I really have no idea why we kept Barberio over him, for one thing. Barberio has been downright bad this year.

BigRangy

Get well soon oliver
Mar 17, 2015
At 612 500 $ Redmond can be claim... but

He has a contract for 17-18.

Has he played enough games to qualify for expansion protection? If so I could see the Flames claiming him so that they don't have to waste money on resigning Jokipakka.

HCH

Dec 17, 2003
The Wild West
Visit site
Yet another player who, statistically, sends his team in the right direction that nobody wants to give a chance to.

I didn't check Redmond's stats but when I watched him play he was caught deep in the offensive zone far too often and tried a lot of his risk passes from his own end. Some of that worked out for him in the short term and perhaps made his stats look good but it's not the way Therrien and Bergevin like the game to be played.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad