2016-17 roster

Status
Not open for further replies.

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
Burmi Thorbs Dano Peluso Tanev Pavs etc.. all traded or playing for the Moose......maybe keep Thorbs in the PB cuz he is such a good locker room guy...

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Maurice will bounce the wingers around as necessary. When it becomes apparent Laine is much better from the LW I'd expect him to primarily line up there. Especially considering Wheeler has 1 top 6 RW spot locked in stone.

I hope he gets to start Lw, much more comfortable so it should make his transition to NHL a bit easier.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Ehlers also started on his off side so I don't think you have much to worry about.

I was trying to think of the difference in his game between Liiga playoffs where he was Lw and Worlds where he was Rw, of course he can play Rw, but Lw side gets the max out of his strenghts and he's more comfortable there, he's build his style for Lw(shot, drive to net, 1on1 moves).

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I don't think Maurice will start Connor or Laine against the other team's top checking line so I think he will start with Ehlers Scheif and Wheeler...I'd rather see...

Ehlers-Little-Wheeler
Connor-Scheif-Laine
Copp-MP-Armia
Lemieux-Lowry-Staf

Enstrom Trouba
Chiarot Buff
Stuart (face it) Myers

Helle Hutch

What we see at the beginning of the season will likely be quite different from what we see at the end, or even the middle for that matter.

MrBoJangelz71

Jan 14, 2014
How much more enjoyable is this exercise this off season, than it would have been when we inherited the team back in 2011?

Albert/Cormier/Klingberg/Telguin were the our top choices then for available prospects to pencil in,

Today

Connor/Laine/Petan/Lemieux just to name a few, are available. Crazy how far we have come in a very short time.

One line I would like to see iced somewhere down the line is:

Connor/Petan/Laine - Petan's vision and passing to 2 pure snipers

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
I don't think Maurice will start Connor or Laine against the other team's top checking line so I think he will start with Ehlers Scheif and Wheeler...I'd rather see...

Ehlers-Little-Wheeler
Connor-Scheif-Laine
Copp-MP-Armia
Lemieux-Lowry-Staf

Enstrom Trouba
Chiarot Buff
Stuart (face it) Myers

Helle Hutch

I will be quite disappointed in Maurice if Stuart is on the opening night roster. There really should be no excuse to playing him now, but sadly I wont be that surprised if that's how it plays out.

I am hoping that we bring in an Associate coach with pedigree that will be able to call out Maurice for some of his dumber decisions.

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
How much more enjoyable is this exercise this off season, than it would have been when we inherited the team back in 2011?

Albert/Cormier/Klingberg/Telguin were the our top choices then for available prospects to pencil in,

Today

Connor/Laine/Petan/Lemieux just to name a few, are available. Crazy how far we have come in a very short time.

One line I would like to see iced somewhere down the line is:

Connor/Petan/Laine - Petan's vision and passing to 2 pure snipers

Might get to see that in a pre-season game. :) I think a lot of different combos will be looked at.

Ehlers-Little-Wheeler
Connor-Scheif-Laine
Copp-MP-Armia
Lemieux-Lowry-Staf

Enstrom Trouba
Chiarot Buff
Stuart (face it) Myers

Helle Hutch

I will be quite disappointed in Maurice if Stuart is on the opening night roster. There really should be no excuse to playing him now, but sadly I wont be that surprised if that's how it plays out.

I am hoping that we bring in an Associate coach with pedigree that will be able to call out Maurice for some of his dumber decisions.

I will be disappointed every time Stuart steps on the ice this year. I will also be very surprised except that I am gradually preparing myself for the incredible. :laugh:

The other thing in 10-10's lineup that I hope we don't see this year though is our top 4 not being used as the top 4 again. That might almost be as bad as playing Stuart except that it is only the presence of Stuart that makes that necessary and likely. Enstrom, Buff, Trouba and Myers are quite clearly our top 4 D men and they should get as much of the TOI as possible.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Might get to see that in a pre-season game. :) I think a lot of different combos will be looked at.

I will be disappointed every time Stuart steps on the ice this year. I will also be very surprised except that I am gradually preparing myself for the incredible. :laugh:

The other thing in 10-10's lineup that I hope we don't see this year though is our top 4 not being used as the top 4 again. That might almost be as bad as playing Stuart except that it is only the presence of Stuart that makes that necessary and likely. Enstrom, Buff, Trouba and Myers are quite clearly our top 4 D men and they should get as much of the TOI as possible.

I agree they should be running this imo:

Trouba - Buff
Toby - Myers
(Bulk of minutes 5 on 5 and special teams)
Morrissey - Postma

I would switch Morrissey and Enstrom for 4 on 4 shifts in an effort to lighten Toby's minutes a bit as well as I feel Josh will be more dangerous in those situations. I also think Morrissey can get more minutes on the 2nd pp untit.

Laine - Morrissey on the point

Little, Perrault and Conner upfront.

1st unit:

Ehlers and Buff on the point

Scheifele - Wheeler - Petan upfront

PK1:

Burmie/Copp - Armia

Enstrom - Trouba

PK2:

Little - Lowry

Myers - Buff

Rotate Morrissey and Postam in as needed.

Forwards:

Perrault - Scheifele - Wheeler

Laine - Little - Ehlers

Conner - Petan - Dano

Lowry - Copp/Burmie - Armia

Last edited:

Mortimer Snerd

Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I agree they should be running this imo:

Trouba - Buff
Toby - Myers
(Bulk of minutes 5 on 5 and special teams)
Morrissey - Postma

I would switch Morrissey and Enstrom for 4 on 4 shifts in an effort to lighten Toby's minutes a bit as well as I feel Josh will be more dangerous in those situations. I also think Morrissey can get more minutes on the 2nd pp untit.

Laine - Morrissey on the point

Little, Perrault and Conner upfront.

1st unit:

Ehlers and Buff on the point

Scheifele - Wheeler - Petan upfront

PK1:

Burmie/Copp - Armia

Enstrom - Trouba

PK2:

Little - Lowry

Myers - Buff

Rotate Morrissey and Postam in as needed.

Forwards:

Perrault - Scheifele - Wheeler

Laine - Little - Ehlers

Conner - Petan - Dano

Lowry - Copp/Burmie - Armia

I'm not confident that Petan can win the 3C spot but great if he can. I like that you have bottom 6 F's killing penalties.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad