2016-17 roster

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zhamnov10

Jul 17, 2011
Just wondering how everythinks the roster will play out for next year here is my prediction.

Ehlers/Scheifele/Wheeler
Laine+Armia/Little/Armia+Puljujarvi
Connor/Perreault/Petan+Stafford
Lowry/Copp/Burmi
Dano
Thorburn
Lemieux

Enstrom/Buff
Trouba/Hamonic+Myers
Morrissey/FA overpaid for 2 years
Chariot
Postma
Stuart

Hellebuyck
Hutchinson or Pavelec

Little and Perreault could switch

Last edited:

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Perreault, Petan, Stafford, Connor, Lowry, Burmi, Copp, Dano, Lemieux.

When are the Jets going to fix their bottom 6?:sarcasm:

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
It should be very difficult to predict next years roster, so I'm not going to try. Just stating that when your team is as bad as our team is, no one should feel safe and everything should be on the table.

Enough of this crap about playing players because you signed them to stupid contracts. Everyone and anyone that is on the roster on opening day next season should have earned it. And if some rookie is better than Thorburn or Stuart , then get rid of them...

KCjetsfan

Jul 14, 2012
Gardner KS
i find it hard to imagine this team not giving Stu and Thor regular slots.
I'm also not super convinced that Pavs will be a back up.

cheswick

Non-registered User
Mar 17, 2010
South Kildonan
i find it hard to imagine this team not giving Stu and Thor regular slots.
I'm also not super convinced that Pavs will be a back up.

A million times this. Nothing this coaching/management group has ever done shows that they don't have confidence in stu, thorburn and pavelec.

Howard Chuck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Winnipeg
There is no reason why we shouldn't be able to run 4 competent lines next year with this depth. That would be huge.

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
Should we post what we "want" the lineup to be, or what we think TNSE will choose as the lineup?

Flair Hay

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2010
Winnipeg
This is what I'd want for our best 20 players

Perreault-Scheifele-Wheeler
Connor-Little-Ehlers
Armia-Burmi-Stafford
Lowry-Copp-Dano

Enstrom-Buff
Trouba-Myers
Chiarot-Postma

Hellebuyck
Hutch

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Perreault, Petan, Stafford, Connor, Lowry, Burmi, Copp, Dano, Lemieux.

When are the Jets going to fix their bottom 6?:sarcasm:

Peluso and Thorburn are still gonna play regular minutes and tear down our 4th line next year imo. We'll see but i haven't seen anything yet in meaningful soruations that has changed my opinion on chevy and maurice making smart decisions in the bottom 6.

GJF

Beaver Jedi
Sep 26, 2011
Heidelberg, GER
Peluso and Thorburn are still gonna play regular minutes and tear down our 4th line next year imo. We'll see but i haven't seen anything yet in meaningful soruations that has changed my opinion on chevy and maurice making smart decisions in the bottom 6.

I am a bit more optimistic - I think Peluso will be the main press box guy next season but Thor will start the season on the 4th line. I'd be surprised if he doesn't. Unfortunately.

I could see him in Pelusos spot after 20-30 games, when PoMo is forced to send Peluso down and play a young player in Thorburns spot. Not sure about it though. I think we'll start the season with:

Thorburn Lowry/Copp Copp/Lemieux

Some combination around Thorbs, Lowry, Copp, Lemieux.

Puckatron 3000

Glitchy Prototype
Feb 4, 2014
Offensive Zone
I doubt we see much of Peluso next year. But I predict we will see Thor start on the 4th. That's not great. But I suspect he doesn't move up the roster when injury strikes, as in previous years. Rather we call up guys from the Moose, where we'll be forced to bury some pretty good talent to fill that role.

So the Peluso problem is solved, and Thor half solved.

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
This is what I'd want for our best 20 players

Connor-Little-Ehlers
Armia-Burmi-Stafford
Lowry-Copp-Dano

Enstrom-Buff
Trouba-Myers
Chiarot-Postma

Hellebuyck
Hutch

I think I'd trade Stafford and move Dano up to line 3. Slot Lemieux into the 4th.

Connor-Little-Ehlers
Armia-Burmistrov-Dano (/Petan?)
Lowry-Copp-Lemieux

Trouba-Buff
Enstrom-Myers
Morrissey-Postma

Hellebuyck
Hutch

If the Jets land Matthews, make that 3rd line Armia-Matthews-Dano and move Burmi to 4C. If it's one of the Finns then put him on the 3rd, push Armia to the 4th, move Lowry to 4C. Copp goes to the AHL in both those situations.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Hard to project:

What I'd like to see:

Perrault Scheifele Wheeler
Petan/Conner Little Ehlers
Petan/Conner Burmie Armia
Lowry Copp Dano/Kosmachuk

Trouba Buff
Enstrom Myers
Morrissey Postma

Helle
Hutch

gbill2004*

Sep 23, 2011
Ehlers-Scheif-Wheeler
Armia-Little-Perreault
Connor-Burmi-Dano
Thorb-Copp-Lowry

Petan as the first forward called up.

Buff-Trouba
Toby-Myers
Chiarot-Morrissey

Stuart gets press box duty.

The reality is it doesn't really matter as next year will be a developmental season again. The earliest I see the Jets being competitive is 2017-18.

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
I doubt we see much of Peluso next year. But I predict we will see Thor start on the 4th. That's not great. But I suspect he doesn't move up the roster when injury strikes, as in previous years. Rather we call up guys from the Moose, where we'll be forced to bury some pretty good talent to fill that role.

So the Peluso problem is solved, and Thor half solved.

As long as hes on the jets roster he hurts them. Peluso is not even close to an nhl calibre player, him on the roster means he will dress and play which hurts team. Nothing is solved imo.

Guy cannot be in lineup while we are trying to lose, the one time hed help the team and hes hurt. Just no winning with him :laugh:

I have my doubts on how effective copp, lemieux, petan and other guys that have suggested will next year. Well see.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Connor would most likely follow the same trajectory as Ehlers. Begin the season with third line minutes somewhat sheltered and move up the lineup sometime after Christmas. This is not what I want to happen necessarily but how I expect the Jets will deploy him.

ennsjd07

Feb 11, 2016
Kauai, Hawaii
Secretly I'm hoping for an honest competition next year at TC. But I don't think the best players won out this year at TC. Somehow Pavelec, Stuart, Thorbs and Peluso still made the roster.
But then again, which of the youngsters wants 4th line minutes? I know I wouldn't. I'm pretty sure Copp doesn't. Maybe it's a good thing that the plugs are in the game/will be in the game next year... as long as they're only logging 5-6 mins a night. Let the new bright spots have 18-20 per night on the moose for a while, until the injury bug hits.
Also, we need to find a new way to use Stafford... he's slowing down. I still like him, but his style of play has changed noticeably in the last year.

Ehlers/Scheif/Wheeler
Connor/Little/Armia
Burmi/MP/Dano(Petan)
Peluso/Thorbs/Staff

Buff/Troubs
Toby/Myers
*Sigh*/Postma

Pavs/Hutch.... *larger sigh*

Hopefully not... but Coach is probably putting those kooks in for kids that should have their spot.
Let Lemieux, Copp, Petan, DeLeo, Kosmo, Morrissey and new draft pick (unless it's Matthews) destroy in the AHL for a bit before injuries call them up. Keep Lowry/Chairot in the press box as the extra for a little bit... should be long before one of the kooks knocks themselves out.

Last edited:

heretik27

Apr 18, 2013
Winnipeg
Ehlers-Scheifele-Wheeler
Perreault-Little-Armia
Connor-Burmi-Stafford
Lowry-Copp-Thorburn

I could see the lines looking something like this to begin the season. Stafford shouldn't play above the 3rd line, but Maurice loves to play him in our top 6 regardless so him and Armia might change places. Dano and Petan down on the Moose. Connor gets a good long look beginning on the 3rd line with some 2nd unit PP time like they did with Petan. Thor is proven worthless early on and gets shuffled down to extra forward and Dano, Petan, or Lemieux come up based on need/merit. Perreault maybe moves down with Burmi+Stafford should Connor's play be rewarded.

Depth call ups -> Lemieux, Kosmachuk, De Leo, Lipon
Developing -> Roslovic, Harkins, Spacek, Foley

If the Jets draft top 4 and get one of Matthews/PLD as centers, they could replace Burmi on line 3 with Stafford+Connor and Thorburn slots down as an extra forward right away.

Defense will hopefully be Enstrom+Trouba, Morrissey+Buff, Chiarot+Postma, Stu as 7th D.
I think Maurice likes the way Chiarot/Postman are playing together so if Stu is forced into the lineup it's likely Morrissey stays in the AHL until injuries open a spot and we go back to Toby+Buff/Stu+Trouba :cry:

csk

Nov 5, 2015
Winnipeg, MB
Ehlers-Scheifele-Wheeler
Perreault-Little-Armia
Connor-Burmi-Stafford
Lowry-Copp-Thorburn

I could see the lines looking something like this to begin the season. Stafford shouldn't play above the 3rd line, but Maurice loves to play him in our top 6 regardless so him and Armia might change places. Dano and Petan down on the Moose. Connor gets a good long look beginning on the 3rd line with some 2nd unit PP time like they did with Petan. Thor is proven worthless early on and gets shuffled down to extra forward and Dano, Petan, or Lemieux come up based on need/merit. Perreault maybe moves down with Burmi+Stafford should Connor's play be rewarded.

Depth call ups -> Lemieux, Kosmachuk, De Leo, Lipon
Developing -> Roslovic, Harkins, Spacek, Foley

If the Jets draft top 4 and get one of Matthews/PLD as centers, they could replace Burmi on line 3 with Stafford+Connor and Thorburn slots down as an extra forward right away.

Defense will hopefully be Enstrom+Trouba, Morrissey+Buff, Chiarot+Postma, Stu as 7th D.
I think Maurice likes the way Chiarot/Postman are playing together so if Stu is forced into the lineup it's likely Morrissey stays in the AHL until injuries open a spot and we go back to Toby+Buff/Stu+Trouba :cry:

Where did Myers go?

Flair Hay

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2010
Winnipeg
no Morrissey? and no Matthews?

People are counting on Matthews? You're setting yourself up for dissapointment...no Morrissey yet, but I could see him coming up.

No Matthews, no Fins in my lineup. Assuming that we'd send back PLD, Chych or Tkachuk to CHL.

Not going to put Lemieux on 4th line yet. He'd be better served playing AHL. That's where I put Petan as well.

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
What I'd like to see:

*trade Stafford*

Ehlers Scheifele Wheeler
Petan Little Armia
Connor Burmistrov Perreault
Lowry Copp Dano

Thorburn/Peluso

Trouba Byfuglien
Enstrom Myers
Morrissey Postma

Stuart

Hellebuyck
Pavelec

In reality, Stuart and Thorburn will likely play and Stafford won't likely get traded.

thistleswamp

Second Overall
Jun 7, 2011
Deloraine
1a. ehlers - scheifele - wheeler
1b. perreault - little - stafford*
3. connor - burmistrov - armia
4. lowry - copp - thorburn

dano
petan
Lemieux
peluso

*think a top 3 pick could get stafford moved at the draft. in that case:

1b. connor - perreault - little (or some variation of those 3)
3. armia - burmistrov - laine/puljujarvi/PLD or burmistrov - matthews - armia

trouba - byfuglien
enstrom - myers*
morrissey - postma

stuart
chiarot

*possible myers is moved for hamonic.
and if Jets miss out on top 4 (AM, Laine, Pulju, PLD) and grab chychrun, then:

enstrom - myers / hamonic
morrissey - trouba
chychrun - byfuglien

with lots of juggling depending on the situation